Ended
Watch
191 - 200
DISPLAYED
(1106) Eternal Spring

Page 20 of 22 First ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Last
    p
    panik

"That's true. Or at least some part of us still is." Abigail replies to Juno's statement. For a moment she starts thinking about whether this sense of restless instability was meant to be an ever present part in a changeling life. If, like the changing seasons, they were never meant to find peace or if, hopefully one day, they'd find a modicum of stability. She wonders if her life would end with death or insanity. Which one would be better?

Keeping those thoughts for later the fairest smiles. "It is a very good thing considering that it is uncommon for our people to become that close with one another. If motlies are formed they can only help everybody." The changeling smiles again but this time as she does a soft white glow diffuses across her skin. Similar to blushing. It's something that she does unconsciously whenever she truly smiles. "Art? You're an artist? What is it that you create?"

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

We're still human? Just when I was getting used to the fact I'm a changeling... this guy tells me I'm human. Speaking of confusion. Wyatt nods as the others speak, but they didn't show any special interest so he decides to leave the motley thing for what it is.

Then he turns to Juno, just like Abigail he was interested in art. I tried to do some art things myself, once. Or actually more 'onces' but that didn't work out as wanted, any of the times... sadly.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice smiled at Terra as the oath was finished.

"Glad to have you Terra. Especially new arrivals as enthusiastic as yourself. I'm sure you'll fit in well. There are many good people here. Just make sure to stay on your guard and avoid the hedge for now if you can." Alice paused for a moment with concern on her face. "It isn't exactly safe as it once was. Not that it was all that safe before."

No matter how many times she heard it, the Spring Queen wasn't sure she would ever get used to the title. Without showing her unease regarding its usage she carried on as if nothing had happened.

"Do you have any interests or skills that you wanted to share? Perhaps we can help you adjust."

L

"All the more reason to go talk to him, then..."

In his experience, mortals messing with things they didn't truly understand never ended well. Especially if, for whatever reason, they thought they understood it. A recipe for disaster like little else you'd ever see. "On a weeknight or something, when he's there for confessions."

And when most of the congregation, hopefully including those thugs, would be elsewhere.

S
    Smoo

With a flicker of a frown and a small negative shake of his head Sweet Tooth notes Rook’s obvious disdain at his attempt at camaraderie.

Sweet Tooth may be a lot of things ... brash, opinionated, gaudy, eccentric but at least he was honest. What you see is what you get. He had dealt with his fears by getting up close and personal with them and facing them like a ... well like a clown. He always did his best not to judge a book by its cover or for that matter a ‘ling by their mein but it would appear that, around here, that was not a common approach. Maybe it was the naivety of a boy barely in his teens that had been snatched away to Arcadia which still shone through. They had asked questions of him ... personal questions ... which he had answered in a frank and forthright manner all he had asked in return was for a little local knowledge. In return they seemed to be willing to share about as much as the chess piece and the doppelganger where sharing those sandwiches. His own court seemed ok and he had met a few others who appeared to be genuine and approachable, like Dr Jack here for example, but this Freehold seemed to possess an overabundance of moody, two faced and humourless ‘lings who didn’t know how to take a joke.

A joke, there’s an idea, let’s see if he could prove that the new Autumn King had made the right decision in his choice of Fool of First Frost.

The brightly colored balls, one by one, rise in a higher arc. Then the clown reaches down and pulls open his left and right trouser pockets. Plop, plop, the red and yellow balls disappear into his left pocket then with a slight hip swivel, plop, plop the green and blue balls disappear into his right pocket.

“So you guys want to hear a joke?” said the clown the happy smile back on his face, “It’s one of my favourites and don’t worry it’s safe for all ages joke, nothing crude.”

"I design tattoo flashes, and I work in a body art studio. You would be surprised at the things people want to put on their bodies. Oh, here is an example of some designs I worked up."

Juno held out her arms so that the intricate, and apparently death metal inspired, black and greyscale designs were on full view.

"Honestly, though.....? I'm happier when I'm working for myself and not having to be concerned with what others are willing to pay for."

She smiled at Wyatt, then, "It's a matter of perception. Art is based on perceptions, you see. While you may think that what you have produced is awful, that's based on what you see. Others may think quite differently. For example, the Outsider Art movement. There was this one guy, an older gentleman, who created a whole series of sculptures called The Throne of Heaven. Nobody knew he was doing this and to be honest he was dismissed as a neighborhood character. When he passed away and they were cleaning out a garage he was living in, they found this huge monolith sort of thing made out of discarded tin foil, junk and bits of wood and cardboard. That very same sculpture is in the national art museum."

m
    miniatureian

"Oh my Majesty, what makes the unruly Hedge more Thorny? I don't deal much with the Hedge myself, not much need when the real world offers so much competition for survival itself. I'm very strong or nimble, I mean, just as much as the next, nor very clever, so venturing into dangerous places is something I tend to avoid. But what I do is sculpt, generally as a performance. It's an odd title that has a very small field: performance sculpting. It's tons of fun though, I do chainsaws and swings and all kinds of dangerous elements. After Them, it all seems so tame here."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri felt the light touch at her shoulder and blushed, her tail settling down slightly. "Sorry," she said, trying to add a friendly smile but did giggle at the thought of beer being the solution to all life's problems. "Well, only if you don't mind gracefully walking through life bloated and ever-so-windy."

Changing the subject as she remembered the reason for popping over, Terri looked to Nightfall. "Oh, and while I'm apologizing, sorry for not coming to Glissade as much. Training got put on the back foot while the tax man was on my ass."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

PRE

"Agreed, He was polite with me. Maybe he we can end it with talk." Rust wished it were true. Some men held the convictions harder then they held their sense. For a few they were one and the same. "I'd like to be there to confront him, well confront is a bit strong. Discourse? Whats that big word Xerxia was using.. deliberation?" Rust shrugs. "We will settle it. We can not allow him to use the Hedge as a Crusade.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Oh... those are great.' Wyatt sounds amazed, although I would put them on a poster for a new horror movie, and not on my arms.

Then he grins at the short story told by Juno, 'I didn't know that, how funny.'

'So...'
    Time for a new topic, 'what places do others here go to? Except for the hotel, there must be some places owned by the local changelings.' The question was a little more turned to Juno, since he was here for a longer period.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Page 20 of 22 First ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Last
Closed Thread