Asa moved through Court, for once looking for someone rather than simply mingling. He'd heard the Daeva were possessed of a fabulous ability to simply 'summon' a person, which he now envied.

Spotting the red hair, he came up beside Ariana, glad that she wasn't occupied.

"Madam Donovan, I hear congratulations are in order for your professional endeavors," he offered with a smile.

Upon hearing the Prince's voice, Ariana turned to greet him properly with a proper courtesy and bow of the head. Which was still worrisome considering the silver dress she wore. Her eyes swept over the rose on his lapel for a second.

She returned with her own bright smile. "Good evening Alder Prince Clarke. Thank you kindly. It seems I have found my niche with the Bee." Since their encounter at the Ember, she did not need to question how he knew. Gently brushing her hair back over her shoulder she continued. "If I may ask how this evening finds you, Your Majesty."

"Curious... it finds me curious," Asa replied, smiling. He folded his hands behind his back and nodded, gesturing for her to walk with him.

"There are so many new faces in the city, and so little we know of them -- and them of us."

"Speaking of, what news of yourself, Mr. Greyson, and Mr. O'Conner?" Asa asked, turning to look at Ariana as he walked. There wasn't anything suggestive in the question, just curiosity from the past Invictus meeting.

As Ariana walked with the Prince, she nodded in regards to the new Kindred. "Yes, I have met quite a few so far. Some of which seem promising, I hope." Her hands gently together in front of her as they walked.

"As for Mister Greyson and Mister O'Connor, they have stepped up in their duties as Deputies, I am quite proud to call them my coterie mates." She smiled. "They have been relatively busy as of late, but I do take time to listen to them and offer advice, if necessary." Ariana looked to the Prince, "As for myself, I offer my assistance when they need it."

"Well, either you live with the two most singularly boring individuals in the domain," Asa replied, grinning, "Or I see the beginnings of a true coterie, and the beginnings of loyalty."

Looking over at the other Ventrue, he added, "And I assure you, I find both prospects equally valid -- if only by virtue of both still being alive when others might have found cause for quarrel."

He arched an eyebrow at the woman as he said cause, clearly referring to her.

Continuing onward, not pausing to dwell on, or expecting her to answer, the veiled questions, "However, surely you must have heard something genuinely interesting?"

Asa looked at Ariana with a politely amused smile, but an intensity to his eyes suggested the question wasn't completely idle.

Laughing softly, "I have given them no reason to quarrel, yet, Your Majesty." One word was slipped in and thrown away quickly. "Although things certainly change when people live together." She smiled slightly. "Hopefully logic will remain Unconquered." The word clearly meaning the First Estate.

Ariana looked around to the many people in the halls of court. She was quite aware there was a difference between news, and gossip. "There are many things one hears in an echo or a whisper when people forget where they are speaking." She smiled with a slight wink. "For instance, a game of 'guess that Clan' has certainly been popular this evening." There was a knowing in her voice, one that paid attention, yet also knew about discretion.

"How fun," Asa grinned, genuinely amused by the thought. For a few moments, he remembered when Ishani, Twist, and he had all been Prisci, and played similarly.

"Was anything of consequence wagered?" he asked, realizing his 'fun' comment could have been misconstrued as answering her 'yet'. Which, it was, but he preferred to be less blatant about having suggested the coterie in part for simple amusement's sake.

Ariana realized saying yet, may have lead to a wrong impression about her views on the trio. "There was talk of money, but I do not think it came to fruition." Pausing for a moment as she recalled the trio splitting and going about business. "I believe there may have been a minor distraction. Court has been quite busy this evening."

Her mind panned through images of so many, Max, Brenn and Martha in an office, Alice and Sarah, Conner, and several other interesting conversations. "Your Majesty, I presume you must see and hear many amusing things from time to time." She smiled, there was no implications in her tone.

"Oh, but 'amusing' can be so very subjective," Asa answered, laughing softly.

Now, a year later, the thought of Heathcliff going Freddie Krueger on a pen of fat little ponies was hilarious.

He gestured around at the Court.

"Indeed it has been busy. There are so many new faces who I know nothing of, and they know nothing of me, or my expectations -- save those which are Law."

He slowed, then stopped, turning to Ariana.

"You said you worked with the Harpy in New York."

It was a statement, but also a question; a request for elaboration.

Nodding in acknowledgement to the Prince's comment of knowing. "Such is the difficulties we face at times when one knows little of our true character." Which was said in an understanding manner.

"In regards to New York's Harpy." She stopped along with him.

"I worked closely with the Harpy, and also the Herald, when the nature arose to the Prince's investments." Ariana's hands gestured in a graceful, conversation manner.

"Often negating other journalists and leading them in a different direction. Sometimes to squelch any rumors circulating the city which may have caused a breach of the Masquerade." Her face business like, yet soft. "Yet, within the halls of New York's Court, I watched and paid close attention." She smiled when speaking the last line. Closing her thoughts from someplace darker.

Asa nodded, for a moment remembering a time when his Harpy had been someone close enough to know, and watch, all of his interests.

"I am considering you to be the Harpy of Sacramento,"
Asa said seriously. "I have also chosen a new Herald... Martha Villiers. Do you see any problem with working with her?"

Ariana's eyes, for a moment, hinted an inkling of shock to her usually smiling face. "Your Majesty, I would be most honored with such a duty." She spoke, retaining her business composure. "I see no problems working with Miss Villiers. We get along quite splendidly."

Asa regarded the other woman for a few long moments, thinking of the Blood which bound them as family, when they were mostly strangers. He thought of Lioni Dupree, and how much meeting her had changed how he viewed family. Lastly, he wondered if Ariana had the backbone to be a disciplinarian or a harsh critic.

As I'm sure Lioni wondered if I could be Prince.

"Well, then, I'm delighted to see how we all fare together,"
he replied, smiling and winking in a conspirator's fashion.

"I'm even ready to share a few bits of gossip from the Crown,"
Asa added, arching an eyebrow.

Ariana though about Louie for a moment, 'We all see you bark honey. But I think you can bite.' Hopefully he was right.

Seeing his wink, she smiled fast. "By all means, do go on Your Majesty." Her smile turned inquisitive. "I am ready to listen."

"Well, first, I find this new fad of wearing masks a bit silly," Asa said. It was delivered in a conversational tone, subtly different than his normal speaking voice. He began walking again, shaking his head slightly.

"Lazarus did it, and I've seen others,"
he continued, sighing. "I've never been one to refuse a good costume ball -- far from it -- but making a habit of calling attention to oneself invites a Breach."

"Secondly, I'm not fond of the word... Sheriff. I would prefer people use the word Reeve."

Ariana thought for a moment about Conner and the masks on his wall. She nodded to the Prince as he spoke of masks. "I agree. It is a security issue as well. There is a time and place for such things."

"I will also note the term of Reeve." As she continued walking with him. "If I may ask, Your Majesty, would items such as these be posted somewhere in Court Proper, or oral address?"

Ariana paused for a moment. "Forgive me, but I did not see nor hear anything from the prior Harpy since my arrival." It was a matter-of-fact tone, and not meant to condescend.

"You can just let people know if they come up, or as you speak to them," Asa replied carefully. He looked over at Ariana as he spoke, curious to see if she would understand it was a test, of sorts. Seeing how well she could make something "officially unofficial" known.

"Speaking of official 'items', I will give you a recital of the Boons owed throughout the Domain, when you are ready."

"Certainly, Your Majesty. I am sure I will come up with something fitting." Ariana smiled in understanding. "I believe my other skills may help me in this aspect quite well." Her talents as a journalist may pay off in another form, she thought.

"Whenever you have time to discuss them, I will be ready." Her tone suggested, his convenience took precedence. "Although, I would prefer to keep a list as we discuss."

"I'll have Nika draft a list to give to you," Asa replied after a moment's thought. That way, he could make sure the list was thorough, they wouldn't have to stop for Ariana to write, and if there were any question later from other Kindred, there would be a record.

He stopped again, turning to face Ariana. Looking at her a few moments, he smiled slightly.

"So. How does it feel?"

Ariana nodded at the suggestion of the list from Nika. Her mind thought about where to keep these notes. Granted, her haven with Conner was secure, but she would not want to have any issues. "Yes, that would be best. Although, I do wonder where I should store the list or any other information that needs to be kept secure."

She smiled back and paused to find suitable words. "I feel very honored for this opportunity, Alder Prince Clarke. I do hope I meet or exceed your expectations." She was sure she was ready for this, after so many years of diligent work that no one cared about.

"Oh, no, that isn't what I meant at all," Asa murmured, moving slightly closer.

"The power. How does it feel? It's your Embrace-right, as a Lord."

He spoke softly, carefully, as if having an intimate discussion; which, he was.

Ariana's eyes fluttered at her mistake. "Oh, in lieu of our conversation, I misinterpreted the question." She smiled apologetically.

Ariana was uncertain of how to answer. A flash of her past swept through her mind, yet no trace emerged on her face. "A lot has changed since New York, Your Majesty." She spoke quietly. She hoped not to offend him, and looked him the eyes for a moment. A moment that was enough to say, Ask again in another time and place.

Asa nodded, and straightened up and away from Ariana. For a moment, he slipped backwards through his own memories, to a time when he'd been oh so young and the Wizard had watched him as he now watched Ariana. So young, but the Blood had been stirred, even if she didn't feel it yet.

Always the Blood. You'll see.

He would wait, much as Fast Eddie had in "The Color of Money".

"Forgive me for not being more clear,"
Asa offered. "Perhaps I was a bit hasty in my curiosity."

Asa waited a few moments, studying Ariana, completely unconcerned with the stretching silence before concluding, "Expect to be announced at the next official Court, Madam Harpy."

Truth be told, Ariana may tell him one day, when there was more of a distance from her past, and they were not in the open halls of Court. Trust was something hard for her to give. She waved her hand in a disregard gesture. "It is quite alright. It was a logical question." She smiled warmly.

She had paused for a moment before continuing. "Perhaps we could meet sometime after the next official Court to discuss the aforementioned items. If Your Majesty has the time." Ariana spoke sincerely, as not to imply anything.

"You are the Harpy," Asa answered with a small smile. He reached into a breast pocket and produced a card with a single phone number embossed on it.

"I will always have the time."

Ariana smiled back as she took the card. She slipped her hand into her purse and produced her own. "Thank you, Your Majesty."

She curtsied to him and glanced at the rose on his lapel. Recalling a slightly somber conversation with Conner. "If you need anything, please do not hesitate to call."