Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 36
DISPLAYED
Cold Comfort

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Katrin gives Leopold a nod of agreement and a slight smile that makes him feel like he just caught a glimpse of her unmentionables.

"Looking into, yes... but you will not take any action that is... unnecessary. Also, I do not wish to anger Mr. Fairweather at this time. You will be discrete, yes?"

Her question appears to be rhetorical, since she immediately shifts her attention back to Yui. She might appear slightly disappointed that he was the only one that did not have a plan of action.

"As for you, my little хорек, I will need you to help the newest members of our family to get better acquainted with there new home. You will show them around, yes?"

The Winter Queen now turns her attention to Abigail, Irea, and Melanie. Her flawless alabaster skin almost appears to glow with its own pale luminescence as she speaks.

"Now that we are family, is there anything that you need from us?"

PRE

Irea had finished eating her sandwich and had been absently wiping at her hands with a napkin as the Queen spoke. Her motions never still as she responds, her eyes intent upon the Sovereign.

"Verily, I would thank you for accepting me into the Family, dear Queen, as well as ask for permission to help Leo in his endeavor. Melaine, Leo and I had been planning to look into it as a group effort. Secondly, um,"
    the Moonborn says, faltering slightly, "now that I am a part of the Family, would it be acceptable to start looking for an apartment?"

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

Melaine nods her gratitude politely. She was content this had been done with minimal negotiations. She didn't know potentially how complicated this might have been, but she was thankful it hadn't been complicated at all.

Seeing as her query was the same that Irea had voiced, on both regards, she just looks at the Queen waiting for her response.
    Melaine | Beast (Hunterheart) | Presence ••• (Bitter) | Winter Mantle • | Glamour 5/10 | WP 5/5 | Freehold Oath

Yui nods. "I will show my sisters the city. Is there a specific place you would think we should start from?"

He wondered at what the response would be to Irea. To already lose one before he even started...

p
    panik

Abigail carefully listens as the rest of the court talk and share information. As she does so she makes mental notes about anything that she feels to be important. Look up Nerverips. Do not forget.

"There is something I may need, my Queen." She answers to the question of the Sovereign. "I have volunteered to help the investigation regarding the odd behaviour of the Hedge. I'd like to know if the Winter court may have knowledge or information regarding the Hedge which, with your permission, I may consult. Anything that may help."

Of course she doesn't mention the fact she has very little knowledge about the subject and that she'd like to be better prepared.

"On an other note I would like to offer my help to the court and to any of my brothers and sisters that require or will require my support."
    The fairest feels a wave of discomfort as she refers to her fellow courtiers as members of her family however she shows no sign of it and continues on. She takes from her purse a small blue card with a hand-written number on it. "This is my number. Do not hesitate to call."

"Permission granted."

Katrin's face brightens a bit at Irea's words. The Winter Queen appreciates the fact that her newest daughters are such a go-getters. However, the glance with which she favors Leopold insinuates that his Queen will consider her Archer responsible for anything that might go amiss. Regardless, Katrin's porcelain features soon cloud over in confusion as Irea finishes speaking.

"But, of course. You may seek whatever accommodations you find most suitable."

She seems pleased once more when Abigail expresses her interest in assisting with the current Hedge difficulties.

"You will contact Rick Pereg of the Autumn Court and offer your assistance. Not only is he the best-versed in the mysteries of the Thorns, but it will be a show of good faith on our part, yes? Here is his contact information."

Now that the meeting's business has been so neatly taken care of, Katrin extends the Sacramento Freehold Oath to those wishing to officially bind themselves to their new family. She will take them into the Throne Room to swear it to the current Queen with unusual haste. Afterward, she directs Bert to open the bottles of wine that Irea had so thoughtfully brought to the meeting. Big Swilla walks out into the restaurant in order to procure some wine glasses. Meanwhile, Harvey places an old vinyl record on a turntable sitting against the wall and soon the soft, yet strong sound of a woman's heart breaking drifts like smoke in the air. From seemingly out of nowhere, Katrin produces a chilled bottle of Russian vodka.

"Now we drink to family, yes?"

End Scene. Nicely done.

Don't forget that those taking the Freehold Oath should add it to their Signatures.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread