Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Cold Comfort

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Katrin Byeli is ensconced in the Four Seasons banquet room with her most trusted Courtiers. Harvey, Big Swilla, and Bert surround their Queen as she tells them a rather amusing story involving a princess, a mule, and a money lender. The table before them holds a light buffet and an assortment of cold drinks, however there isn't any sign of alcohol at this event. The overall mood of the room seems to suggest a rather serious and somber affair.

p
    panik

The door of the banquet room of the Four Seasons opens up and a blond girl wearing an orange dress enters while humming the song that is playing on her mp3 player. Once inside she looks around for her fellow winter courtieers as she takes the earphones out and once she sees them she smiles and heads for the table. As she comes closer to the table any fae can see her delicate but relatively strong Winter mantle. How it turns her porcelain skin fairer almost snow-white or how it produces tiny snow flakes that get cought up in her blond hair.

"Queen Byeli, Good Evening." She says while she gracefully bows in front of the winter sovereign. "My name is Abigail and I'm new to Sacramento. May I join your table?"

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

Melaine walks in dressed in her usuals, her slacks and leather jacket. Beneath the mask she was the worn Fury, the old ember spent and encased in ice and chilled mist. Her eyes like dead pieces of coal, thrown around the room as she familiarized with the new surroundings and those already present.

Protocol here was something that she wasn't intimately familiar with, so she decided to err on the side of caution and wait until the Queen was done with the new arrival before interrupting, giving her a change to decide on her own approach tactic.
    Melaine | Beast (Hunterheart) | Presence ••• (Bitter) | Winter Mantle • | Glamour 5/10 | WP 5/5 | Freehold Oath

The doors open again and a gust of ice cold wind entered the room as Kaito stepped over the threshold and looked at who was present. She closes the doors again and approaches the table and curtsies. "Your Highness."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

"Good evening Abigail. Of course you may join us, but there is no need to be so formal. You are new to Sacramento, yes? Welcome."

Despite her words, Abigail can tell that Katrin seems rather pleased by the Bright One's obeisance. Catching sight of Melanie, the Queen of Sorrow gestures for her to join them as well.

"There is no need to be frightened. Please join us. I am Katrin Byeli. You are also new, yes?"

The Treasured Fairest gestures in turn to each of the three Ogres surrounding her: a wary-looking Stonebones with shadows covering his mouth, a hard-eyed Coldscales with frost in his beard, and a big-eared Gristlegrinder with blue skin and a kind face.

"May I introduce Harvey, Swilla, and Bert? They are here to help you settle in if you decide to make Sacramento your new home."

Katrin looks up with genuine pleasure as Kaito enter the room. The Winter Queen nods her head in acknowledgement of the Snowskin's curtsy.

"Ah, and here is Kaito. We have two new acquaintances for you to meet. This is Abigail and..."

Trailing off, she leaves Melanie an opening to introduce herself.

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

"I am Melaine." she says with a sharp nod. "I arrived last week."

She approaches now with less hesitance, seeing that the locals didn't follow any protocols that she would have to adapt to on the spot. Her stance is somewhat resolute, now that her weariness had been dispelled by the welcoming words.

"Thank you for the invitation."

The words of gratitude sounded a bit strained. Like she meant to be thankful, but it wasn't something she was quite used to. The words didn't slip naturally although the intent was honest.
    Melaine | Beast (Hunterheart) | Presence ••• (Bitter) | Winter Mantle • | Glamour 5/10 | WP 5/5 | Freehold Oath

"Sup fam," Leopold Glass brayed, swanning into the banquet room. The Mirrorskin wore a faded red hoodie over a shirt which simply read DANCEHALL. He wasted no time in snatching a sandwich. "Just gonna munch up a little bit here..." he managed, stuffing his face.

"Anyhow, what's up? 'Rea here yet?"

Kaito grins at Katrin. "I have to say new faces in the Winter court give me that warm feeling inside. But perhaps that's a bit too springish?" She chuckles. She nods to Bert and Not Bert. Looking back to the new comers she grinned. "I am Kaito, it is a pleasure to meet you." She smiled at Katrin again and proceeded to take a seat next to Leopold. Grabbing a sandwich. Kaito liked this freehold, lots of free food.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

p
    panik

"As your Highness wishes." Abigail politely replies to the monarch as she sits down at the table. Noticing the reaction of the queen to her demeanor she feels a wave of satisfaction appear out of nowhere. Maybe it could be the need to please everybody or maybe some unresolved mother/ female authority issue. Though she likes the feeling she let's no trace of it slip through and be seen by those sitting at the table. As the queen introduces the rest of the court she smiles politely and says with a cordial tone to each: "Nice to meet you."

After that she also grabs a sandwich and starts eating. One can notice from how she holds herself that etiquette is important to her. Her back is straight and both elbows do not rest on the table. A napkin has been unfolded and placed on her lap. At every bite she brings the food to her mouth rather than slouching over the plate. After having finished chewing the first bite of the sandwich she politely says: "The food is delicious."

A soft click, and the door in closing, or had it even opened at all? Yui moves straight backed and grim faced. Which looks more humorous. A show of a ferret trying to look straight backed and grim faced.
    His eyes are serious enough as he bows to his Queen at the end of the table, taking a knee in the act. Tiny bells tinkle as motes of snow lift from his paw steps. When he stands his black eyes fall on Bert, then Harvey, then Swilla. A look of respect and admiration.

Among the big guys, Yui might just go unnoticed. Yui considered that as he moved to take a seat beside Abigail. He forces a smile to her and Melanie. "Hi. I am Yui." His voice not unkind, just barren of mirth.
    This kindness shown, he then nods to Leopold. "I never got to say how thank you Leo." He turns to Harvey. "Right? Without Leo, we would have been stuck not knowing anything." Yui hoped the one person not to be met with his eyes read the truth in it. You can only learn Silence within Silence. That is the Ice Law.

It might be cold. But Yui had realized it too late. Cold is all there ever could be.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread