1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Spring at the Old Swimming Hole

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

The waters of the lake lap gently at its shores as the wind that gave them birth danced across its surface in its merriment. It lingered around the Spring Queen as if greeting a long lost friend before it continued its dance past her then moments later the laughter of rustling leaves gave testament to the wind's passing while the birds joined in the joyous occasion with songs of spring.

Spring was officially here. To be honest it had been around for a while if one paid attention to the warmer weather, but to Alice things never really felt right when Katrin had been missing, and HAL was ruling out of season. However, with Katrin back and the seasons back in their proper course in the freehold it still didn't put her mind at ease.

So with all the preparations for the meeting finished there wasn't much for Alice to do but worry about events that had transpired. There was the warning HAL had given them, the hedge, the troublesome Fairweather, and the guilt that had gripped her heart like a vice.

I should have seen it coming. I should have done something or kept a closer eye on HAL. I let her and the others down.

When the other Spring Court members arrive they will see that the small lake is mostly deserted and the gathering spot appeared to be a picnic area right next to the lake shore because Alice's Volkswagen Baja Thing was parked close by. Near the beach there was a couple of jet skis tied to a small dock, on which Alice sat with her legs dangling off the edge of the wooden structure and splashing in the cool water. She wore a very large t-shirt and a pair of shorts and it appeared something bothered her, whether it was the warm temperatures or something else it wasn't clear.

OOC

B
    Beej

A beat up jeep pulls up to a stop in the parking area near the lake. Dressed in a Tommy Bahama shirt, chinos, canvas chucks and a feathered fedora, a being that looked like a were-otter steps out of the vintage topless jeep. Fishing out his cigarette case, Otto Fischer plucks out a hand rolled cigarette and lights it. The Beast savors the smoke before glowing out slowly, stuffing the zippo and case in his shirt pocket. Reaching back into the jeep, he grabs the keys from the ignition and walks down grass to the lake and the woman he presumes is the illustrious Queen Alice from the rather excitable Mr. Bates.

Coming to a stop before the woman, Otto takes off his fedora and nods his head in greeting. "Ma'am, names Otto Fischer. I'm Seattle Spring." the faint smell of an ocean breeze blows off of the otter Beast. "Glad I caught you early. I'm going to be your city for while, I'm not exactly sure how long. But while I'm here, I felt should check in. I'm a Spring man and while I'm here, I'll be your huckleberry."

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice watched Otto as he approached and sat patently while he introduced himself. She stood up, and smiling extended her hand in a welcome of her own. Her ears seemed to perk up at the new arrival and his speech.

"Welcome," she said with a genuine grin. "I'm glad you were able to find out about the event being new to town. You didn't have any problems finding the place I hope? This meeting should give you a great chance to meet the other members of our court once they arrive. Oh, I'm Alice by the way."

Kathleen arrived at the place some moment later. She was dressed in practical sporty clothes. The weather was kinda of nice and warm. No wonder the queen choose this moment for a spring reunion, the place and the weather were kind of appropriate.

She parked her red car alongside the weathered jeep that was already there. Actually, the model she was driving ressembled closely to the one she used to have when in high school ... in the spirit of reclaiming what she could from her previous life of course.

She marched towards the springs already present, with each of her step releasing red petals and a sweet fragrance, leaving no doubt that she was a flowering.

'' I finally made it ! Hi guys, my name's Kathleen Rivera, nice to meet you. And good choice of place for the meeting by the way ... ''

She then takes some frost box from the back of her car, filled with fresh soda and took some carton goblet as well.

'' ... Feel free to help yourself, there should be enough for everybody. There's some more in the car so don't worry. ''

She took an Ice tea and waited for the others to arrive or the queen to start the reunion ...

B
    Beej

QuoteQuote:
    "Welcome," she said with a genuine grin. "I'm glad you were able to find out about the event being new to town. You didn't have any problems finding the place I hope? This meeting should give you a great chance to meet the other members of our court once they arrive. Oh, I'm Alice by the way."

Hi guys, my name's Kathleen Rivera, nice to meet you.
    Otto shook the Snowskin's offered hand. "Thank you kindly miss. I met that monkey thief, Al at the 4Seasons. He told me about today. He said he's was the prince, I take hit he's staff officer since he's a prince and you're the queen?"

Pausing he doned his hat and smiled at the Fairest newcommer. "Ms. Rivera, nice to meet you."
    Digging out his hip flask he wags it at the Spring Queen and smiled mischiefly. "Can I tempt you? Sailor J and coke is quite delish"

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Doctor Jack pulls up in his Lexus and parks on the other side of the beat up jeep. He retrieves a picnic basket from the trunk before joining the others by the water. As he walks up, they notice that he is wearing a light blue shirt with khaki trousers and suede boat shoes.

"Heya. How's everybody doing? I brought some wine and stinky cheese if anyone's interested."

Actually, Jack has brought a basket full of an assortment of cheeses, fruit, cold cuts, fresh-baked breads, and a few bottles of a particularly crisp and fruity Arneis. He gives Alice a slight bow as he sets the basket down.

Juno pulled up in a borrowed car and looked around. She wasn't entirely happy that she had to step away from a design work-up which had otherwise commanded her attention. Still, a social obligation was a social obligation and she felt that it would be over soon enough and she could go back to her studio.

In the meantime....? It wouldn't hurt her to put in a couple hours' worth of appearance.

Not a speck of color was to be found in her outfit - black jeans with a wallet chain, black t-shirt with the logo for Thyrfing emblazoned across the front in grey spidery lettering, and black Vans skater shoes. Apparently the Fairest didn't really care for a lot of color - and since she was wearing a short sleeved shirt the intricate black and greyscale death-metal inspired designs which composed her sleeve tats were on full view. Combined with the trimmed goatee and intense blue eyes she looked like someone people would cross the street to avoid.

Taking a deep breath to steady herself, the Manticoress removed the bag containing chips and bottles of soda and started walking towards the others. Reaching the dock, she paused, studying the others for a moment, then, "Hello everyone. It's a nice day for this sort of thing, isn't it?"

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seeing Kathleen Alice gave her a welcoming smile. "Hello Kathleen. Thanks! I thought having it outdoors would be in the spirit of the season and set the mood. I'm glad that you could make it. This gentleman here is Otto Fischer, I'm Alice."

"The Prince of Joy?" Alice asked as she turned back to Otto. "Al's a good guy. I realize it isn't a typical title for our court, but it really fits him well and is a measure of respect for the example he shows others."

"I'm sure it is good," she began chuckling. "Thank you, but maybe a taste a little later?"

Then Alice turned and noticed the new arrivals approaching and gave them a big wave. She waited until they were closer before addressing them.

"Hey Doc, Juno. Good to see you both. I'm not sure who knows who so Doctor Jack, Juno, this is Kathleen and Otto." She paused for a moment listening to them and nodded in agreement to Juno's comment concerning the day. "Cool, I've got burgers and dogs as well. So with all the food everyone brought we should have enough for everyone. We might give people a few more moments. I'm not sure if Al or anyone else is coming."

B
    Beej

QuoteQuote:
    "Heya. How's everybody doing? I brought some wine and stinky cheese if anyone's interested." "Hello everyone. It's a nice day for this sort of thing, isn't it?"
    "Doc, great ta see you again." Otto said saluting the Wizened with his flash before taking a drink. His face twitched as the alcohol burned down is throught in its familiar and lovely way. Taking another drag on his cigarette he turned his attention to the Manticore. "This is gonna sound...well...your name's Juno and ya got yourself some whiskers so....you're supposed to be a?" Otto trailed off, feeling ackward having to as what he or she was supposed to be.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"HOOOOOOOOO"
    Al-Adin takes a huge breath of air, apparently having been trying to hold his breath for as long as he could underwater.
    Al-Adin, master of running, was not a master of procuring rides for himself.
    Hooray for Alice, that she had provided him a ride.
    "Hey everybody!" He calls out, before swimming back to the lakeshore. He is wearing some red swimming trunks, and without a shirt the only way to properly describe him is "Cut."
    "Is Rosemary coming? She always has the best food!"
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.