Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Lighting the Forge

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Fu
    Fu

PRE

"I was a kid. I don't remember anything else." Fu rumbles as he stands too still for a normal person. Crossing his arms he apparently doesn't feel like sharing anything else.

"What beer you got?" The stone head turns to look at the walking suit of armor.

S
    Spartan

"I was a child as well. I have been back for 4 years."

Or is it five? He thought that part to himself.

Spartan nodded to the Summer Stone Dog as he asked about the beer. Spartan gave a list of american standards and some microbrews like New Belguim beers and a few Rogues.

K
    Kazakin

The words worth retaking echoed through his head, and Rook vaguely wondered if there was some Freehold obligation to view all Fetches, no matter what their circumstances, as pointless and disposable. He'd never thought his decision to leave his Fetch alone was that weird; it wasn't that it hadn't pained him, and still did, to think of Laura with another guy, even if that guy was him, but some of these guys seemed to be raring to kill anything that even looked like a Fetch.

"It's a dangerous game, trying to get your old life back that way," he said instead. "It's not like you won't have both changed a Hell of a lot in the interrim. Could be you don't even recognise how your copy could be acting like that, and that'd mean anyone in your life wouldn't recognise you."

Marcus Evan

PRE

"I remember."

Marcus' face is inscrutable as he moves over to the bar and grabs a bottle of Rogue Dead Guy. He nods to Xerxia as he flips the cap off.

"Mine's still at uni... Sac state. Should be about to graduate."

Something about the Metalflesh's voice sounds particularly hollow as he talks about his fetch.

S
    Spartan

"I have no Fetch." Spartan admitted to the group. "The Demon who took me was a Collector of One of a Kind things. I was told that I am the last of a bloodline and she would not make a duplicate." Spartan paused for a moment before saying, "My mother believed I was kidnapped or ran away."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

"Sure I do," she answers offhand to Rust's peculiar question. She doesn't volunteer more than that. A moment later she looks at him straight on. "Wait, why the hell're you singling me out?" A (very) small part of her worries about exactly what Rust meant by that. But most of her is indignant that he might have meant something.

She listens to the others tell of their experience, of their life. Both here and back There. "F**k. If I was looking for group therapy I'd have gone to an AA meeting." It's said with a very clear rolling back of the eyes. It's not exactly true, of course. The AA meeting wouldn't have had booze. There's a temptation to ask the others to move on to business, but she stops herself from asking.

Fu
    Fu

PRE

"One of the Rogues that you like, never had any of those before." He looks at Faith. "Heh therapy." Fu cracks his neck and waits to see where this conversation was going. Hell he doesn't even know if he has a fetch.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus takes a swig of his beer as he sidles up next to Fu. He gives his long-lost brother a nod and smile in order to mask his scrutiny of the stone dog.

"Been a while. Glad to see you're on the mend."

PRE

If Rust is upset that Faith isn;t sharing, he doesn't show it. He grabs for a beer and gulps down. "Therapy is shit. I want you all to remember." Rust's matle crackles. "We lost something, or we were cursed with something. And if there is any way of changing that, it's not by pretending it didn't happen." Rust gulped down again. "Know your not he only one who lost something. We all did, and not just our Court. Everyone has a grudge and that unites us"
    Rust frowns hard at Faith "Therapy over."

"Lets talk about the shit we are dealing with. We have some outsider making deals with Winter and Autumn, We have his secretary holding pictures of Fetches. We have a fucked up Hedge, and the Ear is still out there somewhere, I'm sure. Add HAL's Treason and Katrin's warning to Spring's instability and we have a right fuck storm coming into my reign. Maybe Alice has her ducks in a row, Maybe Rick will fill HAL's void with ease, Maybe Katrin has enough muscle around her to keep her safe." Rust sighs, for a moment looking rather strained. It passes as he rolls a shoulder blade and swigs again from his beer.

He turns a hard look on Marcus. "What don't I know?" His tone leaves room for anyone to answer.

Faith was already wondering. If anyone had doubts about Rust's leadership. They would be quashed today.

K
    Kazakin

Rook privately thought that he had so little information, he might as well keep his mouth shut and listen. He had no idea exactly what had happened in the Freehold before he'd been here, and he figured the only way to find out was to keep his mouth shut.

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.