Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Dashing After A Fetching Girl

Page 4 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

Jack looks sideways at Otto.

"As far as I know, a fetch just looks like plain old regular folk. If she reacts to seeing what we really look like, or anything else hinky... well, then we start turning the screws."

Before anyone can reply, the door to the house opens and a woman of a similar age to Katie stands in the doorway, pulling a sweater over her head. Light spills out from inside, illuminating her bare legs and feet and its obvious that her dark hair is ruffled.

"Katie?!" she asks, her voice more than a little confused and even more surprised. "Where have you been? I've been trying to call."

Katie simply shrugged and offered a smile. "Oh, you know, just had to get away for a bit, get a different perspective." Katie glanced past the woman and frowned. "Not interrupting anything, Sandy?" the redhead asked as a whiff of weed seemed to futter from the open door.

Sandy didn't reply but instead looked towards the three Lost that were with her ex-housemate. "Who're your friends?" Sandy asked. Katie didn't answer, instead looking towards them so they could introduce themselves.

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Putting on his widest grin, Doctor Jack steps forward and thrust a blood-stained hand in the young woman's direction.

"Hi!. I'm Jack. You must be Sandy."

"Hello, Jack," Sandy replies, holding out her own hand. "How do you kno-" she begins but stammers.

The interior light catches Dr. Jack's hand. Sandy quickly releases it and gasps. "Oh my God! Are you hurt?" she says, looking around suddenly before grabbing a scarf that hung nearby and moving towards the Wizened, still staring at his bloody hand.

B
    Beej

"And the evening takes a turn..." Otto thought. The only way the girl could see the Doc's blood was if she could pierce the Mask. Or the Doc's mask was failing. But he was pretty sure the chance of the latter happening was not very likely. Otto looks back toward the street, scanning the block for anyone who might be watching them. Things were probably about to take a very bad turn and he didn't want witnesses.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Well, there's the proof, unless she's ensorcelled or is among those 'special' people that can see through our Masks... All indications seem to be no on those, though, the elven woman thought, not really wanting to take a chance stepping into the light and causing any more ruckus, even though her form is far less jarring than some of her companions'.

What did she want us to do about her, though, once we confirmed her suspicions? I should have asked that question sooner... Time to make up more stuff as we go, I guess *sigh*...

Seizing the opportuinty, Katie steps forward, clutching at Jack's arm.

"We got a puncture," she lied, "Jack was changing the wheel when he slipped. Can we clean up inside? I'm sure it looks worse than it is?"

Without hesitation, Sandy hands Jack the scarf and rushes back indoors, waiting for them to come in.

"Katie knows where the kitchen is," she says, obviously worried and looking paler by the second.

Lying

B
    Beej

Otto touches Xerxia's elbow softly and leans into her. "What do you say we let her see us, freak out and call the cops? She gets hauled away babbling about monsters and we have a few days to go over her house at will?" Or do you want to grab her with me and gag her?" he whispers hers.

"Thanks. Do you have a First Aid kit?"

Wrapping the scarf around his hand, Jack strengthens his Mask as he steps inside. Although the changes are subtle, his companions will notice that in addition to the blood disappearing from his visible hand, he also loses his worn and ragged appearance and now looks like any other average businessman on his way home from work. He shoots a glance at Xerxia and Otto, hoping they will take the hint and do the same. The old soldier wishes to keep any element of surprise that they might still have.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

The Fairest nods at Jack, then whispers back to the Beast, "I like his idea."

Although it is hard to tell in the dim light escaping to the outdoors, the elven woman begins to grow just a little in more ways than one. While not as lithe as her Mien, she fills out to more or less human proportions while maintaining her athletic build. Lastly, her ears shrink and round until they are hidden back beneath her curly brown tresses.

As the hardening approaches completion, Xerxia steps inside to follow the good Doctor, Katie, and Sandy.

-1 Glamour

Page 4 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread