Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
121 - 130
DISPLAYED
Dashing After A Fetching Girl

Page 13 of 14 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last

"Whoa there, buddy!" Janey says, holding up her hands in defence to Otto, "What's what I do got anything to do with you and yours?" When Jack speaks, Janey simply nods, not taking her eyes off Otto.

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Jack nods back at the fetch-hunter. The old soldier has gained a bit more respect for the woman. He understands that hunting down such creatures must be difficult and that the strain had to wear on her after a while. To choose such a life... He doesn't envy her. Looking at Katie, the good doctor wonders if there is anything else to be accomplished in this house of death and decay.

"So... we done here? Shouldn't we start looking for your real friend?"

Jack has one word on his mind... Enzo.

B
    Beej

"Fuck entitlement. When you run ops in someone else's yard, you check in with the people who own that yard. Because if you don't," Otto jabs a finger at Jack while keeping his eyes lock on Janey's. "You end one sneeze away from getting your throat cut. So tell all your self important, self appointed hunters, when you come to Sacto, you check in. And if I catch your people hunting without permission, Jack won't be here to stop me from teaching a lesson."

Otto feels a gentle hand touch his shoulder and looking around, sees Katie looking at him with calming eyes. "Otto, come on, let's leave. We've got all we can here. Maybe you should try some of that weed you got," the red-headed Fairest joked. Janey however, had apparently had enough, her resolve breaking. "Fuck you, dipshit! Who do you think you are telling us what we can and can't do? We do what no-one else has the balls to. Just ask that big muthafucka, Swilla...."

Janey stops dead as she name drops, eyes going wide and hair tendrils shivering. She gulps, hard.

"Uh, ignore me. Highly strung and all that, m'kay?"

Rolls

B
    Beej

Otto's scowl turns into a cold smirk. "Watch your mouth little girl. There's a thin line between love and hate. And I'm a fellow that can reach into your pretty little head and make you head over heals in love with fetches. Best hope Alice approves of you being here." Turning, the Beast heads for the front door. "Lets go get some mojitos."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

... "Fuck you, dipshit! Who do you think you are telling us what we can and can't do? We do what no-one else has the balls to. Just ask that big muthafucka, Swilla...."

Janey stops dead as she name drops, eyes going wide and hair tendrils shivering. She gulps, hard.

"Uh, ignore me. Highly strung and all that, m'kay?"

Xerxia pauses in the middle of her search when she hears the name drop before continuing where she left off.

So that's why he wasn't hesitant to tell me to just kill my own Fetch... Maybe I should keep him out of the loop when I get back to snooping her... me... whatever... out until I determine whether it's worth it to take my life back.

Katie turns also and follows closely behind Otto, giving a final glance to the remains of the fetch on the floor. Janey, looking rather quizically at Jack, asks, "Who the fuck is Alice?"

"Alice White is the Queen of the Spring Court... our Court... I mean, me and Otto's. I'll ask her to have a word with Swilla about all this. Then again, we might just go straight to Katrin, the Winter Queen. I mean, Swilla's one of hers, after all."

Jack sends a wicked smile at Janey as he follows Otto out the door.

"Stay outta trouble."

The four leave the house, leaving Janey and the remains inside, and walk towards the car not far up the street where it seems the neighbour's dog has finally gone quiet. Reaching the car and Katie simply sighs out loud before cursing.

"Sorry, sorry," she said, looking around, apologizing for her profanity. "I really wanted to be wrong, you know? I simply wanted Sandra to have gone a bit off the rails." The Fairest takes them all in, composing herself. "So, where to next?" she asks, obviously considering hunting down the real Sandra or at least whomever it was responsible.

B
    Beej

Otto shrugs and pulls out his cigarette case. "Can't help you much there. I'm good at hitting things but Hedge work and whatnot isn't in my bandoleer." the otter hitches a thumb to Xexria and Jack. "These folk probably know gumshoes in that department."

Page 13 of 14 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Closed Thread