Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
91 - 100
DISPLAYED
Dashing After A Fetching Girl

Page 10 of 14 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last

Combat Suspended...

As Xerxia grabs sandy, she suddenly finds the woman has fallen into her hands, her back sliced open as bits of twigs and leaves leak out along with whisps of shadow that evaporate in the face of the artificial light of the lounge. The Fetch of Sandra is no more.

"You bastard!" Janey growls from Otto's grip, "She was mine!"

Can Dr. Jack roll 4 dice

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Well, looks like he's one Spring who's combat ready... the Fairest mentally checks off on the newest portion of her duties as the Voice of Thunder. She brushes down her clothes to shake off the leaves and twigs before looking over to Janey.

"And how, exactly, was she yours?" Xerxia asks. It wasn't exactly polite, but it also wasn't a demand. Not yet, anyway.

Jack sends a significant look at Janey as he bends over and carefully examines the fetch's remains. The poor, mad girl actually thinks this... thing belonged to her.

"Actually, I'd say it only belonged to the Thing that made it. Regardless... it sure as hell didn't belong here."

Holding a handful of leaves and twigs that formerly made up the physical form of the fetch, Glamour washes off of Jack as he appears to listen to them as if they are trying to speak to him. Who knows? Perhaps they are.

Inanimate Communion

B
    Beej

Otto tightens his hold, bringing Jany's arms behind her. "Jack kid, you need to be more careful." Locking her wrists, he completes the immobilization. "I can't invite her for a drink and a tumble if she goes to pieces." he says with a wry smile.

"That thing was mine to kill! It was going to be perf..."

SMACK!

The sound of flesh hitting flesh resonates. Katie stands before the immobilised Darkling, red in the face. "Where is Sandra?!" she orders, rubbing the hand that slapped Janey who stands dumbfounded but resolutely remains silent. Katie looks to Jack. "Anything of interest?"

Dr. Jack on the other hand, is getting an image more than a voice.....A figure swathed in insects of various shapes and sizes.....not swathed, comprised.....it stands rakethin and very tall.....a figure of sticks and shadows is given life.....a woman, Sandra, lies unconscious and carried by numerous figures, changelings, who ignore the fetch as it leaves the Hedge.....one face sticks out.....

Can Jack roll Intelligence + Composure

Hey, isn't that...

Dr. Jack instantly recognizes the fae. Its Enzo.

B
    Beej

"You best start answering my friend's questions or I'm going to start asking not so nicely." Otto growls.
    For the Fail!

Jack's voice is somewhere between a gasp and a hiss as he sees the face of his former fellow Spring Courtier.

"Enzo... you loyalist privateering sonofabitch!"

The good doctor hadn't known Mr. di Veyron very well... which, in hindsight, he now considers a blessing. Even before his short-lived defection to the Summer Court, most of the vapid fairest's interactions with others seemed unpleasant... to say the least. His treatment of Alice White alone was enough to earn Jack's ire. However, the last thing the old soldier had heard was that HAL had converted Enzo to the Autumn Court just before cutting the arrogant bastard's tongue out and banishing him from the freehold. Jack wonders just what exactly he's been up to since then. He certainly seems to have fallen in with a bad crowd.

"I believe Enzo di Veyron, a former member of our freehold, helped abduct the real Sandra. I watched him carry her off as this thing was being made out of sticks and shadow. There was some kind of big insect thing with them... I think it was One Of Them."

After watching the beast's feeble attempt to get information out of Janey, Jack drops the twigs back onto the floor and purposefully walks right up to her. He very calmly places the sharp tip of one of the blood-stained knives at her throat, then glances significantly at Otto before staring Janey right in the eyes. Jack gives her a smile that could cut glass.

"And he's a whole lot nicer than me. So, why don't you just be a good girl now, and tell us everything you know. Then we can let you go and put this whole unpleasant business behind us."

Be reasonable

"I don't have a fucking clue where the real Sandy is," Janey said, her eyes widening as she felt the blade dig into her oh-so-soft flesh. "I trailed her after getting a phone call," she said, nodding towards the dead fetch.

Page 10 of 14 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Closed Thread