Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A crane to lift a mystery

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith took a deep breath as she parked the car across from Xian He's place. The keys, out of the ignition, the ear-bud, out of her ear and into her pocket. A few moments later, she's across the street and at the door to the shop. With a sigh, she pushes open the door, and stepped inside. The Flamesiren whispers a single word under her breath. Her favorite, barely audible. She drums her fingers against her pocket, and the now-familiar weight of an orange sphere hanging there.

There had been temptation to bring a certain strangely-colored rose, too, but that was less important. There was something about the subject of her visit that meant she needed an answer. Here's hoping, she thinks.

Faith finds Xian He behind the counter of his little shop. He smiles as he watches the Flamesiren enter.

"Ah, hello again. How may I help you?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith stops short of the counter, and frowns, puzzled. "Again?", she asks, memory failing. Haven't been here, haven't seen him. Have I?

She waves a hand through the air, dismissing the question. "Oh, screw that, not important." Her other hand digs through her pockets, and comes up with the small orange ball that came from the not-Owen. She puts an elbow on the counter, and leans forward just a tad. "I was hoping you could tell me a story." The Flamesiren holds up the orange candy-ish sphere between her and the crane man. "Ring any bells?" She already knew a little from what Birdboy told her, but she wanted to hear it here, too.

The crane merchant squints at the brightly-colored object in her hand.

"Hmm... possibly. But, as with all things worth having, the truth comes with a price."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith sighs as the crane-man says roughly the words she didn't want to hear. With a single motion, the trinket is back in her palm, and her closed hand is on the counter. "Why did I see that coming?", she asks. It's probably a rhetorical question. Probably.

A roll of the eyes, and she answers, in her ever-polite style, "Fine. Name it." The rolling back of her eyes can practically be heard.

"Practically nothing. Just a small errand. A trifle, really. But, I will tell you what I know about this... object. In return, I only ask that you deliver a message for me. How does that sound?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

"Sounds too good to be true," Faith answers slowly, warily. It probably was. She drums her fingers on the counter-top for a moment, considering options. They were few. 'I'm not an errand girl', she wants to say. But on the other hand, that he was asking her meant something. She didn't care what, but it still registered. "Fine, I'll do it." After a moment, she adds, with a finger pointed at the crane's nose, "Just so long as you ain't asking for a delivery on the other f**king side of You-Know-Where." The capital letters are clearly pronounced as such. It's not just a normal place.

The crane merchant smiles and nods his head when Faith agrees. If the elegant beast takes objection to her crude language, he certainly doesn't show it. Moving over to one side of the counter, he rummages through many small drawers for a few moments. Pulling out a long strip of yellowed paper, he quickly writes down a message in Chinese characters. Using one of the decorative incense burners, Xian He sets one end of the paper strip alight before dropping it into a clear vial. After quickly stoppering it, trapping the smoke within, he places the vial into a small, intricately carved lacquer box... along with one of his business cards. After closing the lid, he slides the box across the countertop toward Faith.

"Now you must promise to take this to Edna's Boarding House and give it as a gift to a woman there by the name of Moira. Trust it to no other and make certain that it is she who opens the vial. If you promise to perform the errand on my behalf, I will tell you what I know."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Faith watches the crane man go through the strange procedure, interjecting with a startled "Hey!" as he starts burning the paper. She doesn't continue further once she notes that it's probably intentional... No matter how weird it is. Once the box is slid her way, she rests a hand on top of it, and drums her fingers on it for a few seconds. Her expression is thoughtful for a moment. Finally, she pulls the box towards her, and takes it off the counter, putting it under one arm.

"Fine," she declares finally. "I'll be back." This had better be worth it, she adds to herself. Unless the Asian Beast has anything to add, she starts to head out the door.

When she agrees to his offer, Faith feels something akin to a hand clasping her throat. Even though it only lasts for a second or two, the Fairest recognizes the brief sensation for what it signifies. She is now Oathbound to deliver the vial to this "Moira" person. As Faith turns toward the door, Xian He cocks his head and gives her a rather quizzical look. He clears his throat in order to get her attention.

"We have an agreement now, yes? Do wish to me to tell you about your item of curiosity now, or when you return?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread