Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Hunting the Copycat's Duplicate

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

PRE

The green VW bug was almost overflowing with passengers and fast food containers. Paper bags from In and Out, plastic sacks form Taco Bell, drink carriers, and a lone Subway sack floated around the cramped space, filling the air with the overpowering smell of fried potato and ground beef. Irea had claimed a sub and was proceeding to demolish it as while they sat in the University's parking lot.

"So," she managed, around a mouthfull of food, "how do we go about finding we're this Fetch is? Just show a picture and say we're family visitng, but can't get in touch? That we're stalking him and desperately want to know where he lives? Heh, maybe we could bribe someone with food."

Leo picked a gross square of processed cheese from his burger, balled it up and flicked it out of the window. He stuffed greasy sundries between meat and bun, diligently squashing it down into something he could get his mouth around before he realised he was being spoken to.

"I was gonna make fliers, but the family thing sounds better. I bet I'd be pretty great at that."

The Mirrorskin starts to stuff his face, unable to chew too fast.

K
    Kazakin

Rook wasn't exactly eating so much as he was inhaling a burrito, giving the impression of someone who'd gotten a weirdly good handle on eating while stuck in a small car. He wiped his mouth on the napkin almost idly as he thought.

"Should be easy enough for Leo to look like his own cousin or something," he said thoughtfully. "Gotta figure out who the rest of us are if we go the family route. Relatives from the non-related side?"

PRE

'Rea had been staring at Melaine, waiting for her input. She never blinked as she studied the Hunterheart, but finally she turned back to Rook, quirking an eyebrow at him.

"A relative on the non-related side?" she asks confusedly. "I...No, that is not what we'll be. Leo shall be a cousin from around here, you can be one far removed, and I can be a foreign one. The not-Leo missed a family reunion and we are checking on him since he has not been contactable either. Agreed, yay?"

Leo tapped his temple, thinking.

"I dunno, the foreign relative thing might be hard to sell. Why don't you be my gold-digging continental fiancée, I'll be young money, Mel can be the frigid born again one and Rook can be the uncle who's done time? I think that'd work pretty great."

K
    Kazakin

"That's pretty much what I was going for," Rook commented, after Leo. "For a start, no one's going to buy that I, a man who looks about fifty, and you lot are the same generation. Never gonna happen. I look old enough to be your father." That wasn't a line he'd expected to ever have to say. Of course, it was always hard with Changelings, when it came to time. Time had no meaning for Arcadia.

"So, yeah, I'll go for 'uncle who married Leo's maternal aunt' or something. Not a blood relative that way." And as long as nobody asked him directly, this wouldn't be a problem.

"It might be better if someone else does most of the talking, though."

PRE

"Ah, I see what you mean about an un-related relative. Although I wasn't meaning that you would have to be from the same generation. I hav--had many cousins who were at least 20 years older than myself. A few sisters too," Rea explained, her eyes staring off into some unknown distance. "But never mind that, your plans will work fine. Give me a sec, if you would."

The Darkling's eyes close in a moment of concentration and soon the tattoo on her shoulder disappears into a squirming mass of milk-white flesh. All trace of the ink is gone and for all intents and purposes it looks like Irea never had a tattoo to begin with. Then, miraculously, a spill of color begins to spread sporadically over her, staining her skin to an olive tone so that it looks like she's seen quite a bit of the sun.

"There you are, Mr. New Money, a continental gold-digging fiance."

Mirror 2 used twice

Moving it forward to the University....

Its pretty late as the Fetch-hunters arrive on the University's campus with but a few people walking from building to building, no doubt up to no good. Student life these days are full of drink and co-eds, or so they say.

In any event, the changeling's should be able to fit in....hopefully.

K
    Kazakin

Rook felt pretty certain he stuck out like a cop at a mobster convention. It wouldn't be the first time, or the last, he figured. But then, he'd been taken later in life, and the Durance hadn't been kind enough to wipe away the traces of the years on him.

He figured he could probably pass for a professor, if people weren't looking too hard and he didn't have to say anything. It was still probably best to let the Winters do the sly part though.

"So... where's our search radius, fearless leader?" the Metalflesh said lightly.

"Ok, Honey ... Uncle Merle ... Hortence..." Leo slurped the last of his coke as he assigned everybody their aliases. "Let's see if there's like an info box or a map and find the dorms, I guess."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread