Ended
Watch

Werewolf Recruitment 6

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Kevin Swift

PRE

I'm really beginning to wonder if the Gauntlet is thin here... Kevin muses as yet another woman of the People appears in the wake of the blond, who's name is really bugging him as he's sure that he's seen her face somewhere. The newly arrived Iron Master to the city merely smiles at Widowsight politely, after all, he doesn't want to get on her bad side as then he won't be able to come to her to learn more rituals. They were both Itheaur after all.

"It's always nice to meet a fellow Itheaur. My name is Kevin Swift, I am of the Farsil Luhal and an ex-pack member of the Thieves Grid of San Diego."He says in way of introduction.

The newest arrival nods at Rebecca's question. "Name's Elektra Powers. Umm... Irraka, Ghost Wolf..? I intend to join the Iron Masters, though... I kinda went through my first change not terribly long ago, so..." she let's that last sentence hang, figuring that everyone there knew what she was talking about with the confusing-yet-comfortable feeling associated with that event.

L

Chantay blinks once, surprised at Kevin's question. Then she re-stated what she'd just said in her last sentence. "The Anshega are on the other side of the river." Then she turned once, twice to take in the two newer arrivals who'd just arrived. Both of whom were given a nod and a smile in greeting. And then opted to address her question "This is Tur, neutral ground where violence is forbidden." Even if she'd once feared she'd be torn apart on this very ground. That particular encounter, memory, still haunted her from time to time. "The packs here have been using it for recruitment."

There was a pause as she considered the tone of Elektra's voice, the other woman's body language. And her own tone softened a bit to something gentler, more comforting. "How are you handling the adjustment?" She certainly remembered how overwhelming that had been...even with a pack taking her in immediately.

Elektra's lips curl ever so slightly towards a smile of thanks. "A bit better, now. It took a little while before I even accepted this 'new' bit of myself that moonless night, and even then, it took another few weeks before it felt totally right." She shifts a strand of hair behind her ear before continuing, "I'm sure that once I join a pack, it'll be easier to adjust to the actual life laid before me. Helping with the... Hisil, and everything."

W
    Wyldside

"I can remember how lost I was when the changed happened." Rebecca seems to take the comment in and a wash of sorrow fills her face. "Once again we are greeted with a new face so once again I say I am Rebecca Williams Cahalith of the Iminir."

Rebecca takes a bow of respect to the new wolf.

Rebecca now looks directly at the one who recently changed. "The change can be rough, but I am confident that you will adapt to your new life and not only adapt but become great in time."

Turning back to the most recent entry

"You have mentioned that your pack is in need of a new member. I will not say your need is not pressing but if you will look through the mothers' lens of portents, you will see something strange. There are three of us here that all need a pack. It just so happens that three is the number needed to create a spirit bond with a totem. It seems obvious to me that the mother intended for a new pack to be born from this fruit. Rebecca looks to the new wolfs and to the elders.

"I can not claim perfect clarity in the mothers' logic, what wolf could? How ever this does seem to be a sign, wouldn't you agree?

U
    Ursula

Kamaria nodded with a smile at Kevin's introduction, before perking up with interest at the Irraka's name. "I've heard that name before, somewhere... I think. At the Gym they always have ESPN2 on with those alternative sports..." Widowsight cut her words short when when she realized she was getting sidetracked, embarrassment flashing briefly across her face. "Er, yeah. Anyways..." She now turned to face Rebecca, listening to her reasoning before shrugging her shoulders.

"No." She answered almost instantly in a neutral tone. Widowsight heavily doubted that this was some sort of sign, but she didn't have to be a dick about it. "You're in your right to form a new pack, but look at it this way - when I came to Tur, there were also three wolves, so it's not so unusual. Also, if this was the will of Luna, would she not have brought five together, of each auspice, for a blessed pack? And finally, while I don't pretend to know what's goin' on in the other packs, the others border markings seem... fainter, lately, as if they've lost packmates. Why would Luna wish for a new pack, when the present ones desperately need fresh faces?" The idea just didn't seem logical in her mind.

Kevin Swift

PRE

She really is enthusiastic about forming a pack... It also wouldn't hurt to respect that Widowsight's request. The Low honoring the High is part of the Oath after all. Particularly as she had just finish a story about Oathbreaker getting their just desserts.Kevin thinks to himself upon listening to Rebecca's answer and signs softly at Widowsight's own reply.

He turns to regard the Irraka and wonders if either Rebecca or himself were capable to guiding someone that new to their world. While he could be hopeful they could, he can't help but think otherwise, particularly as Rebecca and himself might have more then a few issues to deal with if they do decide to form a pack. While Kevin does like bluntness but only to a point. Might not be such a bad idea to hear from the other packs to see what roles they are lacking before forming a new pack.

"Perhaps we should check around to see if any of the locals need a certain role filled." Kevin says and holds up his hands when they turn to look at him. "I don't know about you yourself, Rebecca, but I don't think I'm ready to act as a guide for a freshly changed member of the People. I know that my time with the Thieves Grid proved to be rather eye opening and being so firmly established, they didn't have much in the way of internal conflict by the time I joined that they had time to give me the kind of attention that I needed. If we do form a pack with Elektra, we might not be doing her any favors as we'll be busy with dealing with the business of setting up a territory, with all that entails be it from marking it physically to dealing with local spirit grumblings of us just being there."

Kevin turns to Elekra and says, "I don't doubt you could help with in time but we might not have the time. I'd feel a lot better forming a pack with those that use to be part of a pack previously and have a bit more experience under their belts. And you would benefit from a pack that can give you the time you deserve."

Upon saying his piece, he studies each of those around him as they respond to what he has said.

L

Chantay nodded slightly at Elektra's words. "It does. I was lucky enough to be taken in by the Ascendant Crescent Brotherhood the night I changed. Their guidance and advice was invaluable." Bull Rush, Starseeker, Casey...by Luna she missed them all.

And she was a bit taken back by Rebbeca's...fervor. She'd never seen a newcomer grasp so desperately at possible reasons for starting a new pack, where none of the members would know much of anything about the problems that faced the city and it's spiritscape. "There is wisdom in Kamaria's words, and Kevin's. As Elodoth I always seek to understand all sides of an issue. But starting a pack composed entirely of newcomers makes no sense, and is a path fraught with unnecessary uncertainty and danger."

Elektra nods in agreement with the consensus. "I don't think I would've wanted to join a new pack, anyway... There are very few things that you should jump straight into with little to no experience or knowledge, and this seems like one of them."

U
    Ursula

That seemed to settle it, then. "Many wolves are always comin' to the city, so if you are truly set on forming a new pack, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a more experienced newcomer. You could leave contact info here for others to find you. Still, I think it'd be best to join up with one of the current packs, if only to get to know the city."

With her advice given, Widowsight turned to face the group once more. "The Heart of Darkness has every auspice but an Irraka." She looked to Elektra. "If you'd like, you could run with us for awhile, to see how the whole werewolf thing works. Also, our only male member is away on business, so it could lessen the... awkwardness of shifting that many pups feel if you're not wearing dedicated clothes."

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last