Ended
Watch

Werewolf Recruitment 6

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    L

Moon is Half

Tur, ground both neutral and sacrosanct by werewolves everywhere. And one could be found almost anywhere the Uratha were able to boast a significant population. And the avenues to reach it were often marked. It was rarely too difficult for new arrivals to find them. Sacramento was no different, and the local packs knew that they could often meet the newcomers here. It was always interesting to see who'd show up.

Same general rules as last time. One representative for each Pack, and try to stay focused on recruiting and such as opposed to discussing the plot and such.

u
    ursur5

Alex strolled into the park, determined atleast to make contact with one of the other wolfs of the city, he gave it a few days before making a return. ...Dont remeber it being this hard the first time around... Heading toward a tree nearby he opts for the benchs, throwing his jacket over the back as he sits.

W
    Wyldside

Tired and covered by the dust of travel, a woman walks to a nearby bench. She sets the bag down with little grace. Letting it fall more to be exact. She lays on the bench and takes small note of the man a bit aways. She waves faintly but the wind drifts a scent to her. The man is one of the people.

A flicker of emotion shots into her face and a small grin appears. "I made it, finally!" She reaches down and opens the bag to retrieve her note pad. After all she was the singer of howls and dancer of deeds. You could never know when you would find someone who could appreciate a good story.

Lost in thought to the possibilities of stories to tell, she has forgotten to even introduce her self. She flips through the note pad looking for a good one. Sitting up with mind racing and hopes a floating.

Discripiton

Blue is external dialog

L

By comparison, the next woman who enters the park seems to be perfectly clean, her hair even seems to still be slightly damp from a recent shower. Though that is, admittedly hard to see with black hair against dark skin. And after a short time wandering through the park she catches sight of another African American woman, and her scent. Another one of the people it seemed. Her eyes, apparently not at all hindered by the darkness, also note the pad held in her hands. "Taking notes on the city, or looking something up?"

W
    Wyldside

"Looking up a legend." As Rebecca turns another page in her note book the realization that the voice speaking is female and not the male she was expecting kicks in. There is a brief look of puzzlement that flashes across Rebecca's face, but then she places the note pad down and stands up. She can smell the woman before her eyes can find her.

The scent of being one of the people is always the first thing one notices, but there is the smell of soap and shampoo fresh on the body. "When meeting one of the people its always advisable to remember the Oath of the Moon, the low honor the high and the high respect the low." With that thought flashing through her mind, it can some times be hard to know how much higher or lower a person was in relation to you. "Best to treat new wolfs as higher than you until other wise corrected."

Rebecca bows deep and says "With honor and respect I greet you, I am Rebecca Williams Cahalith of the Iminir." When the word Iminir is pronounced there is a measure of pride in the word. "May I have the pleasure of knowing to whom I speak with?"

OCC note

L

Well she was certainly respectful, and humble. Which was a pleasant surprise. Luna knew that a few of the Iminir that had drifted through Sacramento over the past few years had done so with sticks stuck so far up their ass they must've needed a surgeon's help to get them there. Give her someone grounded over that type of individual any day.

She waves off the bow, one of those small "you don't have to do that" things. "I'm Chantay Jones, Elodoth Meninna and Alpha of the Ascendant Crescent Brotherhood." She was also a bit curious as to the legend Rebecca was referencing. She knew which tale was probably first to mind for a lot of individuals here, but it was possible that stories of other deeds had drifted out of the city since then. "Flame of Man, or is there a different tale you're looking up?"

W
    Wyldside

"Flame of Man?" The wolf turns her head slightly in a quizzical look. "Ah yes, I have heard of that tale but I do not know it, well at least not well enough to retell it." The young wolf thinks for a second. "I have heard a few tellings during my journey of course but as with any oral tradition I try to remember that things get lost along the way or changed even if the teller does not mean so."

Rebecca picks up her note book and opens it to a well worn seem. She reads something quickly and say "The legend I was looking for was this one, "Jerick the Wanderer and Patrick the Young" I was told this story by the first Cahalith, I met. I will not presume to know how much time you have but if we have a minute and you are inclined., I can tell you the story."

L

"I don't think I've heard those names before." But one didn't turn down a tale from a Cahalith when there was nothing urgent pressing. So she sunk down to take a seat on a nearby bench, flashing the other woman an inviting smile. "But I'd love to hear the tale, there isn't anywhere I have to be tonight."

W
    Wyldside

"Very well." Rebecca looks around and seeing no one in the park but them shifts to Dalu. She extends her self and spaces her feet. Taking a moment to clear throat, and breathe deep she begins the sing/song howl.

"In 1306, a wolf name Jerick lived in Leeds when he heard news of Wallace's defeat. Filled with pride at his country men, he decided to visit the defeated lands. He wondered to and fro, as he traveled he picked up the name the wanderer and to Glasgow he wonder. As he neared the unfamiliar city he spotted a boy herding two cows toward the city. Hungry he pounced upon them in wolf flesh. He killed the cows and ate them there in front of the owner. After his meal was finished, he then realized the boy was one of the people. He demanded the boy lead him through the city. The boy said that he would and took him into Glasgow. While with in the city walls Jerick teased the boy about his dead cows and as pretty girls passed he told of how dinky the members of Scottish sons were and how large English ones compared. He made great effort to mock the boy. Once they were on the other side of the city the boy turned to the wanderer and said that he should follow him to a near by hill as it was a land mark of the people. Jerick agreed wondering what could be so special about the hill. When they got there Jerick could see that many bones laid about the hill. Some seemed old as if bleached by time and sun, others were fresher. He asked the boy what the meaning of this was? Patrick stated "This sir, is the hill of the oath breakers. It is here where the people converge to punish those who break the oath and it is here where you will like wise be punished for your crimes. Jerick raised him self and spoke down to the young boy, "oh and what crime did I commit small pup of ill breed stock?" The boy looked up and spoke with perfect calmness, "Sih Sehe Mak; Mak Ne Sih, if I was lower than you. You should me no respect, and if I was higher in station you showed me no honor. You have broken the laws of our mother and now will be punished your trespass. Jerick laughed at the boy and told him he could try if he wanted. Patrick pulled off his tunic and it was then that Jerick understood the severity of his mistake. Yes the boy was younger that Jerick possibly twice his junior but he had lived as a wolf for twice as long as Jerick. He could see the many renowns that had been branned into flesh. With that Patrick unleashed his rage and Jerick fell with broken body and wounded pride. Here our tell differs in outcome some say Jerick now humbled preformed the rite of contrition and became a valued member of Patrick's pack others say he bleed out from his broken body and joined the bones of the Oath Breakers."

After the sing song howl ends, Rebecca takes a minute to compose her self. She mentally noted that it wasn't the best telling she had ever heard or preformed but it was as good as she could do being as tired as she was. "As a wanderer the tale has been my favorite for long time."

Telling a story

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin had scouted around the park a day earlier and now, he has chosen to check it out during the night. The young Iron Master thought he could hear something, voices, coming from within the park. As Kevin begins to move towards the park, he feels rather edgy about entering it, particularly as he hasn't met with any of the local People.

[Quote=Shape-shift to Urhan]

Kevin continues to advance in his Hishu form in a slow, cautious manner. The voices, two of them, seem to get easier to make out along with making out what is being said. He arrives just as the tale ends and studies them, total of three. Well, well, well... Now what should I do? For all I know, they could be Pure here to 'thumb' their noses at the local Moon Tribes. The twenty-one year old thinks with a slight frown.

Deciding to keep some distance between them, Kevin pipes in, "I wonder what other endings that tale could have... Maybe he was staked there after the beating? Kept from getting food and help..." He pulls his hands out of his jacket pockets, holding them up and out to show he doesn't want trouble. "I'm Kevin, Kevin Swift. I don't you don't mind my intruding here, it's such a lovely night after all."

His smile is rather strained but then, he doesn't know what kind of welcome he can expect. Although his 'tour' of the area around the park didn't bring up any symbols of ownership, it didn't really mean much as they could have been erased by humans within the last few days.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last