Immediately following: Deeper Into You

Conner walks down the hall and steps into the bathroom and looks down at himself. His skin pale but alive. His heart beating in his chest, his lungs expanding and contracting as he takes in oxygen and exhales carbon dioxide.

Conner takes one last long breath before letting the blush fade. His skin pales even further, his heart in his chest comes to a stop and his lungs shrivel back to there dormant state. Conner stands there, dead again.

The Mekhet turns on the shower, removes his pants, and steps into the shower. He lets the water run down his chest and head, wetting his hair and covering his body in warm water. Showers are one of the few pleasures of humanity Conner Greyson allows himself.

Conner takes down the bottle of shampoo and begins to wash his hair.

"Your Ignoring me..."

"I am" Conner says in affirmation. Conner is speaking out-loud not bothering to hide his conversation with his other self.

"Your mad at me."

"Correct."

"Why? If I wouldn't have done that you wouldn't have had that Kodak moment."

"You should not have interfered."

"And if I didn't she would have never known what you did for her."

"Sooner or later Madam Donovan would have found out that Bainsworth was gone."

"Yeah but not that you did it."

"And that is my decision to make."

"Our decision. And I made it for us."

"No, not our, Mine, you are a part of me. Not independent of me."

"Yeah I know. But I ain't going anywhere. And you wouldn't exist without me. And you wouldn't be where you are now."

"I am aware of this Grey."

"Good, as long as you don't forget."

Conner took down a wash cloth and a bar of soap. "You are not to interfere like that again. You nearly drove her to end her requiem."

"A calculated risk. That paid off. She loves you man. And now you can tell her how you feel."

"That would require me to feel."

"And Again, that's why I am here..."

There is a silence now as Conner lost himself in the heat of the water. Conner thought of nothing for a several minutes, letting his mind go as the rhythm and the sound of the water put him in a near trance.

"Hey Conner..." Grey interrupts

"Yes Grey."

"Do you ever think about when you were a kid. You know, before me."

"No I don't"

"I do. You know I can remember that right?"

"You have access to all of my memories. I do not have the same."

"You make it sound like I'm reading your journal. You're not some teenage girl."

"Yes I am aware."

Another silence, another relaxing and quiet few moments under the burning spray.

"Aight so what are you gonna do now?"

"Finish my shower."

"No stupid I mean with Ariana."

"I know what you meant."

"Well?"

"I have no idea..."

Conner reaches down and turns off the water. He takes a towel and begins to dry himself. "Grey"

"Yeah whats up?"

"Can you do me a small courtesy?"

"Sure whats up."

"Unless our requiem is at risk, do not interfere like that again."

"When you say our, you mean the three of us don't you."

"I do."

"Sure on one condition."

"And that is."

"Start smoking again..."