THREADID
DISPLAYED
(1105) Alice Brown and Sidor
May 8, 2011 - May 8, 2011
(1105) Brenn Lawrence and Conner
May 7, 2011 - May 7, 2011
(1105) Amelita and Anasztaz
May 8, 2011 - May 9, 2011
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 84 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... Last

Anton wondered what slight Sidor could be speaking of which could affect the entire clan. He'd seen his clan met with outright antipathy in a few Domains. The Haunt removes his hat and locks eyes with Sidor.

"Please. Continue."
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

K
    Kazakin

Sidor nodded slightly, accepting the permission he'd been given. The memory of the night in the park brought his temper to his throat, and he slowly half-closed his eyes as he brought it to the front of his mind.

"A few nights since, I was passing the night by exploring one of the parks a little to the North of the Communal grounds. Nothing but curiousity. As it was, I stumbled across Regent Brady. We began to have a discussion when we were interrupted by Alice Brown," the Haunt's lip curled. "Or should I say, I was interrupted. She imposed on the conversation rather forcefully, lied poorly about her presence there and stated that I would be more at home in a sewer with the rest of my kind. When the Regent instructed her to apologise, the words out of her mouth were 'I apologise that you had to witness my rudeness', directed at the Regent, of course."

"At which point we both acted; I attempted to inflict a punishment on her for her words, she assaulted me with some power I am unfamiliar with. I was unable to complete my ritual, she proceeded to insult the Nosferatu again, and turned to leave. I told the little whore to run for her existance and she pulled a gun on me, panicked, dropped it and fled. It is still in my possession," Sidor spat the words with raw venom in his voice. "Ah, and as I entered this evening, she attempted to apologise. When I asked her if she understood why what she said was offensive, she agreed with me that she did not. It is clear this antipathy is not directed at myself personally; I had never met this cretin before. She bore me nothing but scorn from the moment she saw my face."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled and nodded to Thomas, she took a few dutiful seconds to watch which kindred had arrived and who was pairing off with whom, then placed her attention back to Thomas, with a smile. "Indeed it has been too long, Deputy! You look well though, sir, if I may say! But...what an interesting theme for Court, sir!" she says, carefully briefly pointing her furled parasol to a poster showing Clara Bow. "Were you a fan more of the foxtrot or the Charleston, sir? Miss Clara Bow or Miss Mary Pickford?" she asks playfully, her questions perhaps genuine, though her mood is light.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

PRE

"Pickford of course. She was America's sweetheart after all." In truth he'd been young during the Roaring Twenties but Pickford was sweet and wholesome and married to Douglas Fairbanks, the hero every boy wanted to be when they grew up. Thomas had not understood the attraction to Clara Bow until puberty hit.

"How about yourself? I bet that you were a big Chaplin fan." He says with a light smile, his mood improving already.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Mr Chaplin? Oh, yes...he can be very amusing...but there were an awful lot of very amusing music hall acts in Fred Kano's company!" she pauses, blinks and smiles, "Mr Laurel, of course...a clever man that..." she "good friend of Mr Chaplin. But those Chaplin's...always in the theatre...like the Boucicault's." she giggles and sighs, eyes wide at recollection of the music hall.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

PRE

"I never got to go out much back then. Mostly day trips to Fenway Park so we could watch the Red Sox lose. My brother loved to see the Yankees but me, I liked the Washington Senators. The Big Train Walter Johnson on the mound, he was unhittable." It just kind of slipped out, a remembrance of the past. Day games in the hot Boston summer, heckling the lackluster Red Sox and cheering them on when they actually managed to win.

"So what was the inspiration behind your outfit?"

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice nodded. 'Wonderfull ideas you have, I'll do that Mister Grigoriev. Then you go enjoy other's company and be blunt, then we'll both do what we can do best.'

She smiles friendly. 'Thank you for your time, it was a true pleasure, as always.'

The end.

No, scratch that, he called me classless.

To be continued.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha tried to follow Thomas' recollection, but it was filled with a jumble of names she couldn't understand: but it was something she would explore later...so she watched with interest. His question, however, caught her by surprise. "Oh...exploration, sir...the ongoing endeavour to see what is out there, sir! To explore the new and the novel, or find new ways of understanding the old! I was fortunate, sir, to be able to accompany father on a few safari...and, well, he was something of an amateur explorer, sir. It seemed to be a true hallmark of the times and theme commonplace back then, sir...The Future and the hopes and possibilities it can bring for the good of all Mankind." she tries a shy smile as she hazards some personal information, clutches her parasol close to her chest.

Listening to Sidor, Anton frowns. Not only at the behaviour of the Daeva, but at the pettiness of it all. He pulls his cousin aside, whispering.

"I advise you remain calm, Brother Grigoriev. Alice Brown's thoughtless scorn is no threat to our family so long as she's unable to present herself as a victim of our ugly anger. Don't allow her that advantage."

The Haunt glanced around for anybody listening and raises his voice a notch or two.

"And let's not be coy, Brother Grigoriev. We each know the root of Alice Brown's prejudices. I understand you spurned her advances, yes? Being that you're a creature of Purpose. Now she stabs at our family with that wounded pride you gave her. A shame. But understandable. I have little doubt that the Domain would understand."

Anton looked at Sidor with a degree of amusement. He had no intention of allowing petty conflict to escalate, or elevating a nobody like Alice Brown to 'clan nemesis' status. The Bishop places his hat upon his head and locks eyes with Sidor once again.

"Do we understand each other?" Anton asks in a quieter, colder voice.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

K
    Kazakin

Sidor had expected a caution to remain calm; it was the reason he'd brought it to Anton quietly rather than making a scene. The relief of hearing the Bishop's words was a balm to the blazing temper inside him.

"You are correct, of course, your Grace," he said, his voice level, although he did feel another flicker of good humoured, hollow amusement as the Bishop spoke slightly more loudly. "As the wounded party in this instance, I of course sought your advice before taking any action beyond turning her down. I would not demean our Purpose by doing otherwise." He inclined his head respectfully.

Page 4 of 84 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... Last
Closed Thread