THREADID
DISPLAYED
(1105) Alice Brown and Sidor
May 8, 2011 - May 8, 2011
(1105) Brenn Lawrence and Conner
May 7, 2011 - May 7, 2011
(1105) Amelita and Anasztaz
May 8, 2011 - May 9, 2011
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... Last

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

It's a bright night, with the moonlight shining on Ballo Della Notte. The old theatre is ready for an important night, the Official Court in the Domain of Sacramento. At the entrance lays a long red carpet on the floor, with two men in black suits waiting at the start for any guests to arrive, offering welcoming words and a lead inside where necessary. At the end of the red carpet stands a good looking blond, better known as Alice Brown.

Alice will greet everyone with a curtsy, those Acknowledged in the domain hear their full title. Then she will give a short explanation of the whole evening. An evening that starts in the lobby, where the drinks are for free and only the best mood is allowed.
    The first thing that touches the senses of a Kindred as they approach the Main gathering area is the music, the light notes of old Jazz welcoming the approaching Kindred as they arrive and announcing a return to a different time. The music seems to whisper in one's ear, seeking to compel them to lower their inhibitions and allow their passions to rule. It is a touch, a gentle promise of pleasures unknown, and only the first sense to be so played with.

Upon entering the main gathering area the decor of the room becomes more pronounced. Pictures and art work from the period of the Roaring Twenties, posters from the seminal films of the era are intermingled with the prints of the high art and even a few pictures representing the popular culture of the time. Babe Ruth, Douglas Fairbanks, F.C. Fields and even Charlie Chaplin watch the mingling Kindred.

Present are a number of Herd of the local Daeva, some are dressed as dashing gents in their pinstripe suits and beautiful girl in the outfit of a Ziegfeld Girl. A couple are dressed as famous celebrities from the period, Rudolph Valentino, Clara Bow, Greta Garbo and Mary Pickford all there offering the assembled Kindred a taste of greatness.

Speaking of tastes, a few of the "normal" Herd even have signs attached to them. "Whiskey", "Gin", "Champagne". After all what would the Roaring Twenties be without the fuel that sparked many of desire's fires.

What Alice is wearing

A part of the Herd
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa Clarke
    Mask of Tranquility

Asa arrives, dressed as an iconic figure of the Twenties.

A neat shirt and tie is covered by a light tan lambskin bomber jacket, and jodhpurs complete the look. The only difference from the inspirational photograph is a white cloth rose at his lapel.

He returns Alice's greeting with a smile, foot absentmindedly tapping in time with the music as he begins to look at the collection of pictures and costumed Kine.

Lucky Lindy
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Anton Flores

Anton enters dressed in a reasonably well-heeled suit. The hat had been a bitch to find, but most of the ensemble had been in the pack he'd roamed into town with. The Haunt's face is unamused. He recalled some time ago when somebody, possibly Culler, had complained to him of the costumed gatherings of Sacramento. Anton supposed it was part and parcel of the whole courtly game. He didn't intend to enjoy it, however.

The Suit

Amelita Cardoso

Amelita had taken a cab to Ballo Della Notte. The whole costume ball thing was newer to her than the broader concept of court had been not too long ago. She tried not to show it. Her outfit's a froofy, budgeted stab at 1920s fashion, pieced together from halloween costumes. She eyes the herd with a hint of unveiled distaste as she passes the threshold and finds somewhere to sit.

The Outfit
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Melissa arrived not long after, keeping herself as always braced for another night of her Beast going berserk from exposer to new ones.

She was not too sure how this Court was different from the one usually hosted, up until she saw the red carpet and eventually the decorations. "Really went all out with this didn't they?" She muttered to herself as she looked over the 'refreshments'.

What Melissa is wearing

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

For Anasztaz, the complication wasn't as much finding a period costume and acquiring it as getting his most outdated garments out of his storage and having them cleaned so they didn't have that very characteristic smell of long-stored clothing.

All in all, wasn't much different than his usual getup; It was simply held together more formally. The jacket and pants were pinstripe, the vest black along with the tie, with a white shirt. A black hat that matched, worn over sleeked-back hair, as well as a walking cane.

He approached with the usual muted confidence that hung around him, all smiles and polite nods in greeting.
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

Presence ••
    Blood Potency ••••
    Domain Status •• (Respected)
    Gangrel Status •• (Respected)
    Dog

PRE

Dog
    Blood Potency ••••

Dog arrived, dressed in his Courtly 'frippery'. Whether it was for the 20's or 90's, it was what he had for wearing when it was time to play dress up, and he'd yet to hear a complaint about it. Mostly because his expression preemptively conveyed that he wouldn't give a rat's ass about such a complaint, but he was a man of ends rather than means.

He gave the hostesses a bored nod, then went in.

Seeing the Kine with signs, he stopped before one labeled Whiskey, and without preamble, sunk his fangs in.

S
    Steven

The Triumvir

Ariana’s dress was a 1920’s inspired dress. She did not really do flapper or roaring, she wanted something elegant. Thankfully Felix had an eye for clothing. With silver gloves to her elbows, and her Invictus watch on the outside of her gloves she walked the carpet. She still wore her Triumvir ring, it was just not visible. Sometimes she wished all her jewelry and her mother’s did not end up in the possession of Bainsworth. A necklace may have complimented her dress.

Excited for the evening, Ariana was accompanied by her two distinguished Deputies. She thought they both looked quite handsome. She hoped that this evening would not turn out like the February court. She was never a fan of violence. Ariana gave a polite smile to Alice as she walked through the entryway. Ariana had a smile on her face, she was ready to enjoy a nice evening. Nodding to the Prince as she walked in, she headed to the items on display to have a look.

Ariana's Dress

Thomas heard the Jazz Music as the trio neared the main hall and smiled. For some reason an appreciation for the music of his youth had always stuck with him even during the long decades after his Embrace. As bitter and withdrawn as he had been at some points, the thoughts of Charlie Chaplin, the writing of Hemingway and the sweet sounds of all those great Jazz musicians always managed to touch some part of himself he had kept hidden from the world.

Not that tonight was really any different. His face was stuck in its usual reserved and stoic expression but his step was just a bit lighter than usual as he entered, nodding politely to Alice as she greeted the Coterie and offering the Invictus Daeva a smile. Well there was something different, his 20’s style suit was sporting an excellent set of cuff links which betrayed the touch of someone with a bit more fashion sense than the Deputy usually possessed. After all they weren’t black.

Thomas' Suit

Conner Greyson, Deputy of the Domain, Priscus of Shadows and Soldier of the First estate, inserted his cuff links into his shirt and then slipped on the long jacket. He was prepared for the evening and looked forward to it. He checked his watch and verified his timing. Conner attaches his sheath with a stake in it to his belt and stepped out of his bedroom. The sheath was well hidden by the jacket. He assumed that Ariana would disapprove of his weapon, but security was part of his charge as deputy of the domain. Hopefully Thomas would back him up on this. Cheyenne checked him over and fixed his lavender pocket kerchief.

A short time later...

Ariana, Conner, and Thomas walked into court together again. They are three abreast with Ariana one step ahead and the gentleman flanking either side. Beauty must lead the beasts. Conner looked to Thomas and gave him a nod as they walked. Conner was pleased with their arrival and was also happy with there show of unity. Conner found it very interesting that the Prince was already there, and without either the Good Judex or another, less distinguished, woman.

Conner gave a polite nod to the Daeva/Door Keeper. Conner took notice of those who were there, and took notice of those who are not. Conner face remained stoic despite the pride he felt as he watched the ghouls and herd part as the Triumvir arrived.

Conner's Suit

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

Noticing Ariana's arrival, Anasztaz detours to join her. Choosing an approach from the side, where she might see him coming from the corner of her eye. It was simply polite to not sneak up to someone from behind.

"Madam Donovan, good to see you again." he says, with a slight, polite nod to follow up his greeting.

"Might I compliment you on your attire? I hadn't seen such a display of elegance for a long, long while now. It brings back good memories that I thought lost."

Ariana looked at her two Mehket companions and gave a slight nod to excuse herself. She smiled as she saw Anasztaz approach "Good evening Mr. Veres. Thank you kindly." She always did wonder when other Kindred made comments as such, exactly how old they were. She never dared ask.

"I must say, your attire is quite dashing as well. I do like the hat." Ariana looked to the cane and said, "That too, is a wonderful touch."

"Trinkets I thought I'd never get to use again without looking out of place. I cherish the chance." Anasztaz says, motioning to his hand as to invite her to walk aside with him after she had excused herself from the rest. It wouldn't have been polite to continue the conversation right there.

"I had been thinking on our last conversation and I figured I'd extend an invitation of my own. Do you ever fancy classical music, piano, perhaps?"

"Well I am glad you have the opportunity this evening. It is a shame some things get frowned on in public." Ariana began to walk with Anasztaz, not far from his side. "I just hope we never do a 90's theme." She laughed softly.

"Yes I do recall our last conversation. I adore classical piano music." She wondered how many times Conner watched her dancing around without her watching. "Frιdιric Chopin, Johannes Brahms and Antonio Salieri are just a few that I enjoy listening to frequently."

Anasztaz turned to beam widely, he was obviously and overtly pleased with her response. He had expected her to agree, perhaps, but not to be a connoisseur, nor to share a few favorite authors with him.

"I am a pianist myself, or was. It was the focus of my classical education in life and my first great love."
    he explains as he walks, aiding himself with his stick.

"I was thinking in picking it up professionally. But more to the point, I figured it might be something you'd enjoy."

"Why do you look so shocked?" Ariana asked with a sweet smirk. "I never played, but in my Mortal years, I was brought up to appreciate the arts."

"I would enjoy it listening very much."
    She paused in thought for a moment, as if pulling up some internal list. "There are a few piano bars in the city. Not to mention, there are always hotels that are looking for someone to play in the evenings."

She turned her head to the side a bit, as if bemusing on what he actually said. "Unless you had something else in mind."

"Not shocked. Glad. I expected you to like classical piano but peripherally so. I hadn't expected you to share some favorite authors with me either." Anasztaz shakes his head, clarifying on his own previous reaction.

"But indubitably. Assistance looking for a venue would be definitely welcome, and a word of recommendation more than I could repay at the moment, but it was not what I had in mind when I approached you."

She beat him to it, ultimately he would have liked to count on her connections to get him in business, if she had been pleased with his performance. But that was only part of the reason why he had approached her now.

"I could perform privately, or in one of your functions, for a few of your acquaintances. Either way, it wouldn't be much of an invitation if I simply sought to have you assist me get a show."

Ariana laughed softly, "Just call it my cunning reporter skills." She added a slight wink. "I did not assume that is what you were after. I am a little too down to business at times."

She smiled and asked, not to implying anything. "When you say privately, where do you play?"

"My home, but no, it is not where I meant. It is an old place that time hasn't treated well and I would be ashamed to take you there." Anasztaz says, waving his free hand dismissively. He found some fascination in keeping his usual haunts wrecked, he felt his own beauty was accentuated by ruined surroundings. He suspected she might not like visiting an urban ruin, however.

"Perhaps a club, or a smaller venue. I am uncertain. Anywhere you frequent where there is a piano?"

"Your place is at your discretion. It would not bother me though." Ariana said honestly.

She pondered for a moment, thinking of a few places she had been to so far. "There is a motel that is not busy Monday through Wednesdays. I do believe a few of the ballrooms have pianos in them. Perhaps they would be willing to indulge us for an evening." She smiled. There was one particular hotel that she had given an excellent review who wrote the paper a thank you, that would be where they would go, she thought.

"If I may ask, do you have any favorite composers that you play?"
    She said with a smile of curiosity.

"Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Bach. All the masters, I guess. It comes and goes in moods, and it depends on the piece. As an example, recently I have been quite close to the Moonlight Sonata, but if I had the chance now I'd play Nocturne." Anasztaz says, after pondering it for a moment. It had clearly been a complicated question to respond to, but ultimately he had found the reason why - it was as mercurial as his fancies.

"If it is truly not a matter, I'd much rather play at my home. At least until I build confidence again. I know my piano and its particularities. Soon enough after I'll be ready to face a full audience again."

Ariana thought through some of the music on her computer. "Do you happen to know Nocturne in E minor, Op. 72, No. 1? It would be amazing to hear it on something other than a digital recording." Sounding quite intrigued.

"Honestly, Mr. Veres, it is not an issue. If you would be more comfortable playing there, then I would love the opportunity to listen." She smiled and continued. "I would prefer that play where you are inspired the most as you ease back into such avenues." Ariana added, "Besides, I am sure it would be a nice change from hearing yet another version of Wind Beneath My Wings that I have heard on many occasions in the city."

"Certainly" Anasztaz nods, in reference of his knowledge of the piece. He had studied Chopin's work thoroughly as his moods often drifted towards his works.

"Then it is settled. I won't hear any feedback regarding my choice for decoration, however, you have been warned."
    he grinned wide.

"It is an open invitation. Whenever you find the time to come and join me, just let me know and we'll both go. We can make an evening out of it. Afraid I don't have much to offer in the order of hospitality yet, no herd to speak of for one. Something I wish to eventually address."

Ariana waved her hand a bit, "Oh please, do not worry about it. I am easy to please."

She continued, "My position at the paper has changed. I will able work when it suits me rather than when I needed to be somewhere." She turned her head conversationally to change the subject slightly. "If I may ask, Mr. Veres, how has your stay in Sacramento been so far?"

"I am quite satisfied with the city and its society, albeit I am still somewhat of a stranger. I am doing my best to also make amends to that." Anasztaz says, smiling warmly and narrowing his shoulders slightly.

There was much ahead on that regard. For one, he hadn't been able to get things rolling with the Ordo at all.

"Busy days for a newcomer, very little time to indulge in the little pleasures and enjoy the night. I may be able to give you a more interesting report once I have had the chance."

"By all means, I would really like that." Ariana smiled warmly. "I am always curious to know what path the new arrivals take when they have become established in the city." She laughed a little. "It was not too long ago that I was also new."

Not entirely sure what he meant by pleasures, Ariana replied. "I am sure you have the chance to see the city soon enough."

"I truly hope so. To meet the people, to hear of their lives and to taste them. To hear its music and see its sights. I can barely wait to have the time." Anasztaz sounds truly melancholic in his wishes, he was a hedonist at heart and it seemed as though it had been long since he had been able to indulge.

"I apologize if I sound somewhat decadent. I just feel as though lives as long as ours are hardly worth living if we don't enjoy all the little things. It is easy to get caught in the cycle where everything is business."

"Actually, its rather refreshing to hear someone impassioned by their interests and desires. Enjoying the little things is something I also need to indulge on more." Now that I do not have to look over my shoulder anymore, she thought.

She laughed "I know first hand what it is to be completely over worked and caught up in business. Hopefully that will change soon."

"I admit I had pictured you differently, and I don't mean it as an offense. I was afraid I would have to be all business when dealing with you." Anasztaz says, relaxing his demeanor somewhat and turning a smile. He continued his steps, tapping forward with his cane.

"It is a good thing to be wrong, sometimes."

Ariana smiled, his comment was much like how most Haunts came across to several. "What is that old saying Mr. Veres?" She paused for a moment. "Never judge a book by it's cover."

"No offense taken."
    She added.

"Very glad to hear it." Anasztaz says, nodding.

"Now, I won't take more of your time. This is Court and I am certain it would be bad etiquette to keep you all to myself, others would be quite unhappy with that and grow to resent me."

He glanced around and chuckled, although there was some veracity to his concern behind the words.

"Until our next meeting, then?"

Ariana smiled, "Yes, I look forward to it Mr. Veres." She looked around at the other Kindred arriving. "We should make our way around the room. It was a pleasure talking with you once again."

Anasztaz escorts Ariana back around the room before he gives his goodbye with a brief wave, before departing from her side.

It was odd, to see a reflection of the 20s from the mirror of the present era. Humorous, in some way. He enjoyed it nonetheless.
    Anasztaz Veres | Presence ••• (Pleasant) | BP •• | SL •• (Androgyny) | Nosferatu (Alien Beauty) | Vitae 4/11 | WP 4/4

NOS
    PRE

Brenn Lawrence arrived in a yellow taxi cab and walked up the red carpet with a deliberate shuffling walk, her shoulders set aggressively in the pin-striped suit that she wore. If it wasn't for the fact that her suit was a costume, and that she was a woman, she would have looked exactly like a mobster-thug stepping straight out of the Public Enemy film. She was ugly enough, after all. Indeed, for the first Court since Brenn had arrived she kept the greasy hair out of her face and even gave a lip-splitting grin to Alice as she entered. Looking around, Brenn decided too sample a Champagne labeled herd member, also for the first time. It felt good to be an active part of a Domain.

Brenn's Suit

Player of the Month

Sarah LaFleur

The Daeva was already in Court, making sure that the the Herd were either properly dressed or properly refreshed, when the guests began to arrive. She allowed the Invictus socialite to play hostess, it was a role that Alice had given herself and frankly one that she was rather good at. It was something that both focused her attention and yet offered a new sensation as every few minutes a new Kindred arrive to captivate her.

Sarah on the other hand left the members of the Herd and began to roam the room, fixating a touch on the artwork and decor. Her attention is drawn to one picture in particular, a poster for the film "It" starring Clara Bow, the "perfect flapper". The blond Daeva smiled at the thought as she turned to see who had arrived so far.

Sarah's Outfit

Thomas O'Connor

Watching the room the Deputy can't miss Ariana wander off with someone he had yet to meet. For a second he feels a tingle of an emotion and tries to place it. It takes a few seconds since it is one he's not experienced for a long time: a touch of jealousy over a woman.

Ajax and Katrina

The Gangrel couple enter court together, Ajax looking around at art on the wall and smiling when he finally saw a picture of Babe Ruth and the Murderers Row of the '27 Yankees. You know confirmation that there this wasn't just gonna be a big party for the fashionable ladies and gents of the Domain, that some thought was given to the culture other than drunk writers and even drunker flappers.

As for the big Gangrel he decided to go realistic, having been watching HBO and thus seeking the ... real side of the time period.

Ajax's Outfit

Meanwhile Katrina goes with a modern throwback to the period and manages to still look as beautiful as ever.

Katrina's Outfit

Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... Last
Closed Thread