Previously In New York, Part 3

Lord Bainsworth, Judex of the First Estate of New York City, sits behind his huge wooden opulent desk and looks toward the door waiting for his pet to arrive. He always looked forward to Ariana visiting him. And today she was to come with news of the recent assigned task. Information gathering on a traitor. If this Kindred that she had farmed the duty out to completes the task successfully, then soon this issue would be put to rest... just like the traitor.

Ariana had just finished having dinner with her editor Louie and his boyfriend Blaine. She had stopped off to the ladies room to do the usual after dinner routine. Normally when she was at major functions, no one ever noticed that she did not eat. When she left the restaurant, there was a long black car outside. She cringed and closed her eyes, Lord Bainsworth, she thought. His ghoul was standing outside of the vehicle and opened the door upon seeing her. Ariana nodded and got in the car. As she looked out the window, she wondered if there would ever be a day that she was happy. If there would be a day she would finally be allowed to join the Invictus after all the training she had been doing. All this work for Lord Gregory Bainsworth would hopefully pay off.

As she arrived at his estate, she made her way downstairs to the basement to his most private office. Ariana knocked on the door.

Bainsworth felt the pitiful beast before he heard the knock. he knew who it was, he had made her after all. "Enter." The Judex says. As Ariana enters the Judex rises from his seated position and looked down to his childe. "Good evening Ariana. Come, sit."

Ariana entered quickly and closed the door. Mechanically bowing ever so low, she said in a monotone voice. "Good evening my Good Judex Bainsworth." When she was first embraced, she had called him Priscus. She had made the mistake once of forgetting his newest, additional title. Once was all it took. She rose, yet her head remained down.

The Judex of the Invictus extended his hand to her with a large ring on it. The strength of his inner monster washed over the neonate that stood before him. He smiles as the devil within wants to reach out and ravage the woman.

Ariana's fingers took his hand as she kissed his large emerald cut, purple sapphire encased in its gold setting. The ring which had tore into her face on numerous occasions. She knew Bainsworth made the gesture intentionally as a reminder of what he has done or what he intends to do. Ariana lifted her head slightly, not giving him eye contact. She waited for him to speak as she never dared question his actions.

"Ariana Sit." The Lord says using a commanding but calm tone. Similar to a tone one would use when talking to a small football sized puppy. "Tell me about your new friend."

Ariana takes a seat quickly and mechanically as she has done many times. She sat looking at the front of the desk, not having any eye contact. "I do not know much about him Judex Bainsworth. He appears to be capable of completing the task at hand. From what I know, he is not from New York." She was completely monotone, and no emotion had been given. Like a robot conveying a report.

"He is not of the First Estate? What is his Clan?" Bainsworth asked walking over to a long display case. The case contained multiple swords of different lengths and types. They are his tools, his toys... Just like Ariana.

"He is of the Shadows, My Lord." Ariana replied, sitting perfectly still. In her peripheral vision, she could see him walking over to the case. "His employment will suit the needs of this task."

The case opens... "How many times have you met with him?" Bainsworth asked.

"Twice My Lord." Still speaking monotone.

"Do you love him?"
Bainsworth asked breathing slowly, his fangs grew slowly, extended. His head began to move back and forth, swaying to some music in his head.

She did not make any indication to her thoughts, but she was puzzled at the question. "My Lord, I have only met him twice. I do not know him."

"Ariana... dearest... you do not answer my question." A flash of steel can be seen in the corner of her eyes. A breath can be heard and then... footsteps? Heeled footsteps.

"My Lord, you have forbidden it. I have obeyed." Ariana was confused at why he was pressing the issue, but she would not question Bainsworth.

"Then why did you part your lips, why do you smell like him." Bainsworth says stepping close to her, "You have slept with him already." In his hand is a long, wicked sword, the blade is battle ready and well worn. The heeled steps come to a stop behind Ariana.

Completely confused now, Ariana spoke. "I have not slept with him Judex Bainsworth. I do not know why you think such things. I have not disobeyed you My Lord." What she had forgotten, was that Conner's dagger was in her purse.

"Good..."
the Judex said as he raises up the sword and rests it on his shoulder. "Now, Dance with Natasha." The master says as he points to the herd member standing behind Ariana. She was dark haired and tan skinned. She wore a leather skirt that stopped at the thighs. And a corset cut black leather top. She was barefoot and her hair was in a high pony tail.

Ariana did not let her face betray her confusion. She was not normally allowed to dance, and one Halloween paid the price for such a mistake. "Yes, My Lord." She replied. Ariana stood up and moved toward the girl. She was unsure of what she was to do next.

The woman took Ariana by the hips and began to slow dance with her. They moved slowly swaying there hips. The woman pulled Ariana close...

In her mind, she pictured being somewhere else. Ariana attempted to envision dancing with Arielle when they were kids. How they would mimic their parents in a Viennese Waltz or the Fox Trot. However, this was not the Donovan Estate, and the woman in front of her was not a mirror image of herself. Yet Ariana followed along.

The woman began to move closer, and closer, and closer. She licked her lips and moved in closer. Ariana could feel her breath, could feel her pulse and then... a look of shock on the woman's face. A flood or warmth on Ariana's chest and down her front. And then a stabbing pain. As Ariana looked down she could see a blade pushing through the woman and into her own chest. She could feel the blade, that wicked evil blade sinking in and protruding out Ariana's own back. And then, as the shock of pain comes over her, she hears a whisper in her ear, "Look at her, she is dying because of you, the life fading out of her eyes. Her blood spilled. Learn this lesson, you are mine. Anyone you get close to, anyone you love, anyone and everyone will die. Painfully. And it... it will be all your fault." The Judex says... and then disappears. All that can be heard is a sadistic laugh from somewhere in the Judex's haven.

A single scarlet tear seeped out of an eye that had watched a beauty die before her. Ariana quickly wiped it away in case the Lord came back. The woman hand slumped over the top of her, still skewered together on the long sword. The blade was in at an angle which made everything more difficult, and painful. She tried to push the lifeless body forward, yet it yielded in pain. Ariana leaned forward, the pain of the angle searing through her body. She slipped in the pooled blood that drained below her as she had been leaning forward, and she fell with the woman. Ariana screamed in agony. The sword had been pushed further, as she lay on top of the raven haired woman. Slowly and with great difficulty, she slipped backwards off the long sword. She caused more damage prying herself from the blade, than it did sliding in.

Riddled with guilt, she drank what was left of Natasha's blood from her body. Hoping to at least manage to start whatever healing she could. Thankfully, he left her face alone. This time.

OOC