Previously In New York, Part 1

Conner stepped through the doors of the Court. The Court was immaculately decorated as always. The Prince was again showing his opulence in the decoration of the room. Conner, wearing a black suit and tie with a gray shirt made his way across the court to the blood bar. Conner was not excited about this court. He had finished his task, and killed his father. He knew he needed to return to the city of his birth and begin his actual training into the world of the kindred. Perhaps the Lady Naetesh would take him under her wing. Perhaps not. But one could hope.

Ariana had just finished a meeting with the Harpy regarding the new opening of once of the clubs in town. She wanted to relax a little and listen to the latest gossip. She was wearing a snappy deep purple business suit with a skirt and heels. Her hair had been pinned up for her meeting. As she sat down at the bar she, she pulled out the pins and tossed her copper hair a little.

Conner looked over to the woman as she sat and could not help but admire the features in her face. Such interesting bone structure in her face. Conner watched as she did the small toss of her hair and gave her a small head bow as a greeting, but as his way he says nothing. Conner turned and watches as a member of the Prince's herd is stripped bare and laid out on the bartop.

Ariana caught the slight bow from the man in the black suit. She thought he must be new in town, as she had not seen him before. She looked in the direction to which he was looking. She laughed a little and spoke. "Sir, if that sort of thing interests you, I know of some other clubs in town you should probably check out."

"Thank you Ms. Donovan but I am unsure of how much longer I will be in Domain of New York." Conner said as he continued to keep his keen eyes on the room at large. Conner thought for a moment as he looked at the blood red curtains of the color of his father's blood as it ran over his hands. Arterial blood does have a interesting color, especially with its spray pattern.

Ariana is completely puzzled. "Sir how is it that you know my name, and I do not have the pleasure of knowing yours?" She asked with a smile.

Conner gives a small grin, "Conner Greyson, Clan Mekhet." And perpetrator of Patricide. "You are well known due to your writings and your contacts within the city."

If Ariana could blush at that moment, she probably would have. "Oh come now, I just do my job, keep the peace and attempt to stay out of the way." She was rather impressed with this Mekhet.

"We all have our jobs to do, do we not..." Conner said, not so much asking a question as confirming what she is saying.

Ariana wondered if he was going to sit, or if she would need to offer him a seat. She looked around a little hoping her Sire or his affiliates were not there. Since they were not, she spoke in a bit of a throw away tone "Perhaps you would like to have a seat?" She gestured to the stool next to her at the bar.

Conner looks to the offered bar stool and wonders what this woman was thinking, wondering what was in her mind. Wondering if the woman would abuse him and attempt to take advantage of his youth. Conner did sit though, he did take the seat as he gauged the beautiful Ventrue.

Inside, Ariana was a bit nervous. She did not always speak to complete strangers unless she was assigned. He looked so intriguing, and handsome and yet she could not help but notice that he was slightly troubled by something. "Tell me, what brings you to the Big Apple Mr. Greyson?"

"I had a task that needed to be completed." Conner says as he looks to the bartender gesturing for him to get them two drinks. In this case a cocktail of water with blood poured into it. As the bartender bled the woman into the shot glasses and swirled the water. As hands the glass to the woman he can't help but realize he is unemployed. As the business of revenge is over, that contract expired.

"Thank you Mr. Greyson." Acknowledging the drink she was handed. She tried to keep her questions to mere curiosity and less journalist like. "If your job is completed, what will you do now?

"Return home more then likely." Conner says in his normal, reserved and quiet tone. Conner knew that he had debt to pay and needed to pay it before he was allowed to leave the domain. But for now he would sit, talk, and make polite conversation before he was summoned. Conner took a drink of the blood cocktail.

Ariana could not help but think that he was not interested in talking. This happened all the time with her. She thought she should clear things up. "Mr. Greyson, I hope that you do not think I am attempting to interview you." She wish she fidgeted, as usual, but nevertheless she sat there waiting for his reply and sipped on her cocktail.

"It would make for a boring interview Ms. Donovan." Conner said finishing his cocktail. "Perhaps one day a story will be done about you." Conner said. Very possibly stating his longest sentence of the evening.

"Mr. Greyson," she laughed gently, "I assure you, there is nothing interesting about me." She looked away from him for a moment and took a sip of her drink. "I am not even close to as interesting as Lois Lane, and there certainly is no one to save me." The last sentence was said with a slight air of disdain in her voice.

"How do you know that there is no one who will save you." Conner said. Was he flirting? Doubt it.

Ariana now wished she would not have said the last statement. She took another sip from the glass slowly and pondering. Still not looking at him. She was thinking, because she was nothing to anyone but her Sire and maybe Louie. "Mr. Greyson, I would just call it a hunch." She quickly wanted to change the topic but she did not know what to say. "Tell me why you would be such a boring interview, Mr. Greyson?"

"Because I am illusive." Conner said and turned to walk away from the woman, and the bar. Knowing that his summoning would be soon.

Turning quickly on her stool, Ariana said, "Will I see you around again?"

Conner does not answer her. He merely continues walking away. It is not because he does not want to. It is not because he is ignoring her. It is because he does not know. And despite all of his sins. Despite every crime he has committed Conner still did not lie to women. At least... if he could help it.

Normally, Ariana would attempt to chase down someone that walked away from an interview, such was not the case with this mysterious man. She was slightly frustrated but decided to shrug it off. She would probably never see him again, she thought. Ariana finished her drink and left to go to the New York News for the evening to work. Hopefully no one saw her speaking to Conner that would clue in the person she dreaded that would be informed.