Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Just After Closing Time

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

PRE

"First and foremost we need to make sure that the Theme and location are out there, without a Harpy it is difficult to get the word out to anyone." She shakes her head with more than a hint of frustration.

"Decor and atmosphere. I'll get some proper period art and hopefully get a band that can play Jazz in another, separate room. We'll also need to dress up the Herd and maybe ply them with Gin, Whiskey and Champagne for the proper feeding effect."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha briefly claps her hands happily to acknowledge Alice's joy at the telephone call...and then she watches Alice make her way over and, a little warily at first, as Alice rests her hand on her shoulder. A shy smile as she timidly tries to grow used to this friendly familiarity. "That...that all sounds most splendid!" she smiles meekly. Clutching her cane close. "And activity? Dancing! There must be some more of that sprightly Charleston!" she giggles happily. "What about deck games? As on an ocean cruise or a Rockefeller owned yacht?" she sighs, a little wistful, smiles at Alice and Sarah. "Or...ragtime too! Maybe a foxtrot? That was popular!" she adds with a happy, wide eyed, smile and eager grip at her cane, a little daydreaming, her mind wanders and she starts to offer ideas and thoughts; "Boxing? Wrestling, even? They were very popular...like rowing! Goodness, the thrill of the Inter-collegiate at Poughkeepsie!"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

PRE

"My dear Martha are you secretly a Vassar girl?" Sarah smiles and laughs in a friendly manner. Oh Edna St. Vincent Millay, would need some her work too ... and Langston Hughes as well.

She tried to remember if Vassar was experimental sister of the seven. Well in her experience it was all except the girls of the two Boston schools that enjoyed a good roll in the sack. Those girls were always trying to fetch the attention of Harvard men. Oh well after all it was not a shock that Yankees were odd.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vassar girl, what's that? I'll have to ask that later.

Alice looks serious to Sarah. 'Girl, don't take too much on your plate. How about you do the music, I'll do the living drinks? And the decorations can be done together.'

'And I'm not sure if boxing or wrestling fits our concept, you know, in a theatre?'
    She gives Sarah and Martha a questioning look. She wasn't disapproving, she just needed futher explanation if it was a good idea.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha didn't get time to reply about her Vassar Girl status, offering a small smile she came to the defence of the boxing. "Oh, I only meant to say that they were popular pass-times, ma'am...back then...like safari or...the Model T and detective stories." another shy smile.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

PRE

"Boxing was rather important during that time period, wrestling ... I believe that most wrestling was done in private." She shrugs, willing to play peacemaker between the two women. "Except if what half of Henry James wrote about Paris was correct. Was apparently pretty public there."

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice didn't want Martha to feel uncomfortable, so she shrugs as well. 'We're planning it together, if you two think it's cool, I'd love to hear it.'

Then she smiles to Sarah. 'And about Paris, more than wrestling can get pretty public. Oh I wish I was still there sometimes, share the pleasure of le Moulin Rouge.'

Those were great times.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles warmly and happily to the two ladies. Bright eyed she casts her mind back to her last visit to Paris and all the chaos that accompanied it. Gripping at her cane tighter she nods in general agreement. Twin tails bob as she tries hard to think up a happy activity to help mesh with the 1920s theme.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread