Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Heart of Darkness

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Technique

Emily trudged through the recovering Hisil, Dalu bulk fitting almost invisibly, had she not also been covered in hair and about 6 inches taller. She wore practical, dedicated clothes well suited to an extended hike. Her brown hair was pulled up into an efficient, practical pony tail. She was hefting along a hiking, steel framed backpack - also dedicated - stuffed to the brim with canned goods. There are even a couple cans of Dog Food, because Emily never tried it before and figured it would probably taste as bad as any of the other canned crap they had. The extra pockets were loaded with 1 liter bottles of water, and she even had a map of the physical Sacramento and a compass, incase either were needed. As always, her fathers sword is attached at her belt.

Once sufficiently upstream, and out of the wolves territories that separated her former packmates territory and the rest of Sacramento, she shifted into Urshul. This was a howl for a new pack, a new day. New beginnings and new allies. Cheerful, but ready and determined, the Cahaliths howl sings through the Hisil landscape, calling for her brother and the two FNGs.

However, she is still a young Cahalith

PRE

Matt had shaved and taken a shower before throwing on his dedicated outfit and his pack. He had dedicated the thing loaded up with MRE's and bottled water he had picked up from local surplus store, hopefully it would be enough. He sighs as he slips on the pack and begins his trek towards the meeting point.

As he nears his Dalu formed sister he smiles. It hadn't been her best howl but Matt always prided himself on being one of those big brothers who found the best in everything. She's a bit taller than him as the Elodoth was still in human form.

"So Jimmy teach you so good marching songs for this trek or are we stuck singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic for the whole trip?" Well it was good enough for the Union Army.

U
    Ursula

Kamaria, herself, was fresh out of the shower (who knew when she'd get another chance?), slipping on simple outer wear designed for durability and strapping on a large backpack filled to the max with various sorts of food, water, and a disposable cellphone. She lingered only momentarily outside her hotel room, contemplating the fact she would be detached from humanity for days, probably even weeks. Hell, she even had a higher chance of dying then usual, but the work had to be done, and she couldn't let the People down, thus, with one last deep breath, Kamaria headed off without a single look back.

Once within the Shadow, she dropped to all fours, her dedicated pack seemingly melting into her figure as she shifted into the bigger Urshul form, ears twitching as Emily's howl was heard. Look's like I arrived just in time. Bounding ahead, Widowsight greeted the pair with a nod, a predatory glint shining behind yellow eyes. She was ready to start this thing.

A
    Aynie

Shower done, Morgan had spent the remaining time going over her duffel, taking out what she didn't need. What was left was what had been dedicated in the duffel before she'd left Washington. At least a dozen MRE's, the same amount of bottled water, about six clips left for her beretta, and an extra pair of clothes.

She zipped up the bag again, and headed out the door. She made her way to the locus that Matt had shown her and stepped through, relishing the tingle of power that came with crossing the Gauntlet. She falls onto the large paws of her Urshul form as this Shadow was new to her.

She follows the howl to where the others were, a large reddish-furred wolf that ripples into the Dalu as she pads forward. Wearing what she had worn at the Tur, she offers the group a grin that shows fang. The duffel bounces against her as she walks.

PRE

Matt is still in his normal human form as he nods a greet to first Widowsight and then to Morgan. A smile forms on his face as he considers the situation.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers ... err brothers and sisters and Sister.

"So introductions. Emily, Widowsight this is Morgan Storm Lord Rahu. She was crazy enough to think this was a great idea so I figured she'd fit right in."

A
    Aynie

"See, crazy is my sort of gig. I mean, when it's crazy, it's bound to be a story to tell. If it's normal, well, you're better off staying at home catching up on Days of our Lives, right?" She gestures to the duffel she's carrying. "I think you guys also have food covered, but I've got some MREs if we're really desperate."

Technique

Emily was slightly surprised when her Pack Awareness doesnt work as she expected it to. It must something to do with a totem. That needs to be fixed. As a result, her 'packmates' arrivals startled her, even though she was waiting for them. As Matt introduces Morgan, she nods to the Storm Lord. "Nothing like figuring it out on the run, huh?" she says, hauling the backpack off the ground and getting it situated on her shoulders. "Everybody ready?"

U
    Ursula

>>Ya gotta be at least half-crazy when you're dealing with the spirits, so it's good to have you joinin' us, Morgan.<< She replied with an approving grunt, lips curling back in a toothy grin, which, to your average bystander, probably just looked like a giant pissed off wolf with very sharp teeth. But they would know better. >>I'm ready to head out when y'all are, so just give the word.<<

A
    Aynie

"Well that's good to know then," Morgan says to the large wolf. She still had moments of, it wasn't clarity, but it was an odd sense of I'm talking to a Wolf and now I'm going to go become a Wolf every so often.

"And yup!" She looks back to to Emily. "All set here."

PRE

Just like Stand By Me. The Elodoth smiles at the thought, a touch of humor to keep the thoughts and pressures of responsibility away for another second or two.

"Hey Emily, I flash of inspiration when I heard you howl. I've Shakespeare on my brain a bit lately and every time you sound off I hear that line 'Cry Havoc and Let Slip The Dogs of War' in my head." He looks at his little Sister. "You need a proper name and 'Cry Havoc' certainly fits you."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last