Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max doesn't speak as he watches Brenn relive the events of nights past. He knew the look well, having his own collection of less than pleasant memories to reflect on. He gives the Nosferatu the time she needs to clean her head, then continues.* Well, just the usual: Where did you live before coming to Sacramento, what brings you to the city, and what do you hope to accomplish here?

NOS
    PRE

"The usual it is," Brenn grins, her cleft lip parting delightfully. "Well, as I'm sure you can tell I haven't been in this, um, existence for long. In fact it's been barely over to years. I was killed and embraced in Los Angeles, where I was born and raised, in both cases I suppose, and besides Sacramento that's the only city I've ever lived in. Now, unlike here, LA is a maelstrom of political backstabbing, land struggles, and the ever-present competition of who can be the most-malevolent-piece-of-shit-alive. Er, un-alive, I guess. What I mean is that it seemed that everyone I met was mentally putting price tags on everyone else, judging their worth as an asset, and not one, not ONE of them did anything to improve the Domain," the Haunt paused, the light of fervor shining like embers in her eyes, before she continued, her voice animated.

"I sat back and watched them dance around in swirling waltz set to the cries of the city and I decided that I wasn't going to stay silent about it. So I wrote. I wrote through the night, using ink to yell what would make my throat collapse, and I guess I hit closer to the mark then I thought because soon it became lethal just to stand inside the city. So, my ghoul, Kaylee, and I left to seek a more hospitable climate for the rest of Eternity. Sacramento looked good, and I've found that it is, and here I am."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max is silent as the woman talks, keeping his face neutral as he digests what she said. And what she said worried him. Having been Embraced so recently, her inexperience could pose a threat to the other Kindred of the city; or the Masquerade. Her take on Kindred politics also interested him; she said she was unaligned but she certainly had the ear marks of a Carthian.*

If you dislike the infighting in Los Angeles, Ms Lawrence, you would do well to stay in Sacramento. I'm afraid it is the rule rather than the exception in Kindred society. Sacramento is an oddity in that regard. As long as I have been there, the city has been politically stable. There have been small, private squabbles; but not the bitter, open warfare that rocks some cities.

The Lance and the Crone have co-existed so far, though that may be due to the low membership of both. Even the Carthians and Invictus have kept their knives sheathed. It has been disquieting at times, to be honest...

*He brings his hands together, intertwining his fingers as he regards the woman. Time to dig a little deeper...*

How are you getting along in the city? Have you found a properly isolated home, or secured a reliable source of Vitae? Two years is a very short apprenticeship to a Sire, I just want to make sure you have everything you need...
    *And keep out of sight. A hungry, or inexperienced Neonate, could be a major thread to the Masquerade. And the last thing Sacramento needed was more proof there were monsters patrolling the night...*

NOS
    PRE

"That's what became apparent to me very shortly after being acknowledged into the City; the stability and general peace between its Kindred inhabitants," Brenn readily agrees. "The Prince's Laws are fair and most of the Residents are most agreeable. I attended my Clan's Meeting, met the Gangrel Priscus, and have spoken to several other inhabitants of the Domain in some meaningful ways. In fact, I'd say that Sacramento is putting it's spell over me and that I'm falling head over heals.

"Now, I believe you asked if I had a herd or systematic and s
    afe way of feeding? Well, I have started maintaining a herd but I'm still figuring out how else to obtain vitae, as we all do. I have started maintaining a herd, though. You see, I've got some cash to spare, so I've offered a small, select group of street people places to stay, money, food, and the like. In return I ask that they open themselves up enough so that I can trust them and we build a rapport that way. The Kiss then helps mask what comes after, that being the fact that I'm feeding off of them. They just think I'm comforting them, or massaging a hurt, or...well, you know. My ghoul takes care of anything they might need during the day and keeps in touch with each member, thus reinforcing my image of being a "caring soul". She's a bit unstable upstairs," Brenn explained, twirling a finger by her head, "so they look at our relationship as a charity thing; which it is, in a way, but I think its more mutually beneficial. Oh, um, that's the overview I suppose, which I'm positive you were 'subtly' requesting."

Thankfully, she pauses, formulating her next thoughts. "Um, and you asked about an "isolated dwelling" or some such? I, uh, haven't found one actually. I've been meaning to find one, and Kaylee won't shut up about it, well...that and subway," she offers as an aside, "but I've had to cement my place as a Resident of the Domain first. I'm staying in random assortments of cheap hotels at the moment. Sleeping in the bathtub, actually."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods slowly as the woman explains her situation within Sacramento She seemed put together enough to take care of herself, though the talk of an unstable Ghoul worried him. Max knew the power of the Blood changed all those that drank it, but there was a difference between eccentric and dangerous.*

Very well Ms Lawrence, it seems you're settling into Sacramento quite nicely. Two final words of advice: One, avoid the sewers and subways as resting places. There are... things down there that you do not want to get involved with. And secondly, keep a close eye on your Ghoul. No matter how loyal they may seem, an unhinged assistant can be a threat to your existence far greater than the Brood...

I won't keep you any longer; I'm sure you have other matters to attend to tonight. But if have any questions about the city, or any other matters, feel free to ask. I do try to provide services other than hurting people...
    *The Mekhet smiles at the female Nosferatu; whether that was a joke or Max simply telling the truth would be up to her to decide.*

NOS
    PRE

"Please don't be concerned Reeve Heinz, Kaylee get's along well enough and I do make sure that she's doing alright," Brenn says, clearly concerned about whether the Reeve see's her ghoul as dangerous. "I mean, she survived on the streets long before I found her but she's not quite suited for normal society because she can't hold down a job, has no family, and no real skills. She's not a liability despite her limitations.

"Oh, um, I don't have any questions for you, really, Mostly I just have to keep stumbling around the Domain
    and getting the feel for it." The Haunt gave a shrug and carefully stood up, using her right arm to stow away the paper and fountain pen. "I'm sure you also have things to do so I'll go ahead and leave. Once again, thank you for the opportunity, and may the Night give you shelter."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max laughs softly at Brenn's worrying.* I'm not concerned, Ms Lawrence. I won't be the one carted away in a vacuum if something goes wrong with her. Just a word of warning.

And do be careful "stumbling around"; the homeless aren't the only dangers out there at night. But, I will bid you farewell, Ms Lawrence...
    *Max walks to the door, opening it for Breen.* I hope you have a pleasant evening...

NOS
    PRE

Brenn nods and gives a slight smile, perhaps unaware of what that exactly does to her lip, and steps into the hallway. "You are most right, again, Reeve. After all, some of the most dangerous things lurking in the night won't be found sitting around burn-barrels in cast off clothing but will instead be found, as often as not, speaking politely in the electric glare beneath the floors of the Avalon. Nevertheless, I'll be ready to help the Domain whenever the meeting is called for the Homeless or for anything else that I see. Good night to you, as well." With that last parting comment, the young Haunt leaves.

Ciara Maskelyne

End Scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread