Conner's car pulled up to the front of the Avalon. As it did Cheyenne stepped out of the drivers side and walked around to the back passenger door and waited for Deputy Thomas O'Connor to arrive.

Thomas watched the car pull up in front of the club and his mind wondered about the silent ghoul as the woman walked around to rear of the vehicle. The ghoul was as alien and emotionless as Greyson with the possible exception of when the two seemed to exchange sly and knowing smiles from time to time. Both Greyson and Donovan had their own ghouls and Thomas had actually thought about the implications present in that fact, if having a servant was a sign of a properly settled Invictus Kindred and what message he was sending by keeping his own herd hidden and by not beginning a search for a ghoul. Leaving that mental conversation for later, the Deputy leaves Avalon and offers a polite nod to Cheyenne as he enters the car.

Cheyenne gives a soft smile and a polite bow as she opens the back door of the car. Mister O'Connor can see inside the vehicle that Conner is sitting inside. Conner is, as per usual, reading. His brow is furrowed as he reads but says nothing.

Thomas enters the back seat and nods politely at the other Soldier of the First Estate but does not say anything. In truth the former (?) loner and occult investigator had always hated to be disrupted while reading a text and extended the respect he would expect in such a position to the his clan and coterie mate. He did glance at the man to see if the title of the book was visible, after all he was a Mekhet.

Conner looks up and gives his partner a nod. "Mister O'Connor, how are you this evening?" Conner asked politely and with what could possibly be called interest.

"I am fine Mister Greyson." He replies just as politely. "How does the evening find you?"

"I am well. I have something to show you." Conner said and gestured for Cheyenne to start driving.

Thomas was tempted for a half second to make a rather snarky comment about needing to be offered candy first but doubted that Greyson would find the humor in the tasteless joke. The Deputy watched silently as Cheyenne began to operate the vehicle and began to pull away from the popular club. "Is there something amiss?"

"Very much the opposite actually. Mister O'Connor may I be frank?" Conner asks politely

"Please. The decorum of the First Estate is often pleasant but sometimes we need to speak plainly and without reservation."

Conner bowed his head in thanks, "Thomas, you know that Madam Donovan and I have a history. Its not as sorted as you probably think. Madam Donovan and I have a working relationship that developed into something different. I have found myself with a need to protect her. Do you know, has she told you about her sire?" Conner asked, he felt odd using Thomas' first name but right now it was better to be two men talking frankly rather then dancing around titles and terms. If they were to be coterie they needed to move beyond this stand off-ish nature that they have developed.

"She mentioned that her Sire was the Invictus Judex of New York and that he made an attempt to limit her interactions with other Kindred. Also that he told her a number of lies about her new condition that she is just beginning to learn the truth about."

"Hmm..." Conner thought for a moment. "There is more to that, but it is her story to tell. I will say this. That Sire also gave me strong reason to protect her. And it is my opinion that if you were in the same position you would feel the same." Conner said.

"Well call me a sentimentalist but yes I would probably feel the same way. I generally react rather negatively to situations like the one she described to me and those who cause such situations to develop." He remembered his own formative years and in his own issues with a controlling Grand Sire, something that made him feel a strange connection to the attractive redheaded Lord

"I just wanted to make sure that you understood that I do not purposefully show favortism toward her. And I am committed to this Coterie and the equality of it." Conner said with a definite honesty.

"Okay. Then again I could make the same assurance to you, considering that our interactions have always been rather formal and guarded while Madam Donovan and I seem to have been able to open up slightly to each other."

"And that is one of the reasons why I invited you here alone." Conner said, "To help build and furnish this relationship." Conner said as the car came to a stop in front of a house.

Thomas wondered slightly if Conner was coming on to him but that strange thought vanished as he remembered that the other Shadow was probably even more socially awkward than he himself was. The word choice and where the car come to a stop soon clear up any misconceptions the Deputy might have. "I see you have found the house."

"Yes I have. Did Madam Donovan tell you about it?" Conner asked

"No. I have been rather busy lately and generally unable to find time for social conversations."

"Good. Come." Conner says and exits the vehicle before Cheyenne can open the door for him. Conner walks around the house and makes his way up the walk. "As you see we have two garages. My hope was to use one Garage as a workshop of sorts. The two Stall can be for Yours and Madam Donovan's vehicles as Cheyenne will have mine." Conner said as he walked up to the front door. Conner inserted a key into the deadbolt and opened the door. "Come in. I am interested to see what you think."

Thomas smiles as Greyson acts like a kid on Christmas, a show of emotion that seems to slightly make the other Kindred appear as something resembling a human being. He follows Greyson and nods as he speaks about the garage arrangement. Entering the house he looks around with a smile of satisfaction crossing his face. "Looks promising so far."

"Five Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms." Conner hands the portfolio in his hand to O'Connor. "I took the liberty of furnishing the inner havens. Conner says. Here is a set of keys. The first key is for the exterior doors. The second key is for your Inner Haven. Each room is light tight and has its own set of locks on the doors so we all are allowed our own space and privacy." Conner said, "what do you think?"

"It seems that you might have missed your true calling." Thomas says with a friendly smile, finally showing a bit of his true sense of humor to the other man. The Deputy begins to examine the interior of the house, looking around the rooms and nodding. "If were are to establish our academy here, we will need to reinforce one of the extra bedrooms to make it into a training room."

"Downstairs, there is a large open space. It had a pool table in it with the previous owners. We could convert that into a training room. I have left the bulk of the house unfurnished. Only the Havens and the Office and Library have been furnished so far." Conner explained.

"I actually had a thought about the academy idea. We should not limit ourselves to simply teaching the art of combat, I am sure that between the three of us we each have certain skills that would be in demand among the Domain that do not involved stabbing an enemy." He turns to look at Greyson. "Of course these will be limited to selected and important clients but say tutoring for the right price in say investigation or occult theories or even common disciplines such as Obfuscate or Animalism could lead to some political and social benefits as well as an increased reputation of our varied skill set." A reputation that might just scare off the jackals that tend to form around the politically ambitious and try to drag them down.

"Perhaps." Conner says nodding his head. "Trading disciplines sets me ill at ease, but I have thought about talking to Deputy Flores. Perhaps learning the Nightmare ability that Nosferatu are so infamous for." Conner said with a look of contemplation on his face.

"I would not being willing to trade our own family's talents cheaply, and even then the only the most basic of talents. Read the of auras and anything more complex than that should remain closed to the other clans without a very good reason." His tone makes it clear that a very good reason would need to be a very good reason. "However some of the common disciplines are tough to learn for some Kindred but offer great advantage for those willing to make an effort."

"True enough. What disciplines do you know?" Conner asked out of curiosity

Thomas thought for a second, his face becoming close to a mask. "Auspex, Celerity, Obfuscate, Resilience, Vigor and ..." Moment of truth Thomas, do you trust him or not "... and a gift unique to my close family called Obtenebration. However I hope you will respect my desire to keep that a secret from those who do not need to know. While my family is held in good regard by those who know of our existence, we generally wish to keep our existence close to the vest so to speak."

"You hold a wide variety of disciplines." Conner says with a nod. "Your secret is safe with me sir. Could you perhaps tell me what Obtenebration is?"
Roll

Thomas almost replies but thinks better of it. He motions Greyson's attention over to a corner of the house covered in shadow and focuses on the area. A second later the shadows seems to come to life and begin to bend and move, leaving the corner and moving out toward the two Mekhet. "This is a rather basic application of the ability, but it allows us to first pierce the darkness, then control it and eventually become one with it."

"Very interesting...." Conner said, impressed. "I could see how that would be very useful." Conner said.

"It has. What about yourself Mister Greyson, which powers of the blood do you hold a command of?"
(17:52:41) (Conner): "Auspex, Celerity and Obfuscate." Conner said feeling somewhat inadequate at the list that the Other Mekhet had given. "Auspex I have nearly mastered."
(17:54:39) (Thomas): Thomas nods. "Dedication to a craft is a worthy pursuit, especially when it is a power unique to one's blood."
(18:00:55) (Conner): "My goals are nearing, next I will master Obfuscate. It seems I am, what Cheyenne calls, a completion-est. I just see it as attempting to reach the pinnacle of what our family is." Conner says. "But Madam Donovan has begun coaching and assisting me with my people skills. As you are no doubt aware I am not the most outgoing person."

"It has. What about yourself Mister Greyson, which powers of the blood do you hold a command of?"

"Auspex, Celerity and Obfuscate." Conner said feeling somewhat inadequate at the list that the Other Mekhet had given. "Auspex I have nearly mastered."

Thomas nods. "Dedication to a craft is a worthy pursuit, especially when it is a power unique to one's blood."

"My goals are nearing, next I will master Obfuscate. It seems I am, what Cheyenne calls, a completion-est. I just see it as attempting to reach the pinnacle of what our family is." Conner says. "But Madam Donovan has begun coaching and assisting me with my people skills. As you are no doubt aware I am not the most outgoing person."

"It is rather apparent, but it seems to you have accepted that you have a weakness and are working to eliminate it, which is a good trait to possess." Indeed it seemed that Greyson was really making an effort, at least with he and Ariana. "So on what evening will we be able to move in?"

"We can do so immediately. I should inform you that Cheyenne is currently being used as the placeholder on the paperwork. I found it unwise to use my own name as I am sure you can understand." Conner explained "If you have a preference, the paperwork has not been finalized and I am sure we can add yourself or a placeholder of your choice."

Thomas seemed to think for a second. "I've been dead too long to put my name on anything legal and I do not have a placeholder I would trust with something this valuable."

"Very well. If the time comes that you do, let me know and I am sure something can be arranged." Conner says with a nod to coterie mate. "Do you have anything you wish to discuss?" Conner asked.

"I believe that we have had enough of a discussion for one night. I believe that we both should be getting back to our duties."

"Of course." Conner said and made his way toward the front door. "Cheyenne will drive you where ever you need to go. I have some work to do near here and then rounds to make." Conner said.

"Enjoy the rest of your evening." Thomas says as he exits the house. "I was nice to actually speak for the first time."

"Yes it was, good night Mister O'Connor." Conner says closing the door, locking it, and then disappearing off into the night.

End Scene