Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Werewolf Recruitment 5

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

PRE

"Are you sure that those are tribal competitions, because they could also probably double as song titles for The Cure." He offers a smile to show that he was just playing.

"Then again I'm not one to talk. I think that I've made more than one attempt to translate 'I kick ass Like a Boss' into the First Tongue while keeping the proper context. So far no dice but I'm not giving up easy."

A
    Aynie

Morgan leans forward conspiratorially, "I'll clue you in on a huge secret: The Cure are the Iminir mascots. Shh, don't tell anyone." She leans back and just laughs at his First Tongue translation.

PRE

"That explains so much." He shakes his head at the image of a shapechanging Robert Smith.

"So have you got any questions about the city or anything about our current situation?" Matt asks like a Tour guide.

A
    Aynie

"Doesn't it?" She thinks on his question. "Questions, huh?" She frowns in thought, and absently taps a finger against her thigh. "I'd like to know a place to crash without stepping on someone's shoes mainly. Beyond that ... anything that'll help me settle down in the area. Who's who. Where to go to eat, where to avoid because of certain death ... oh! And the best scenic overlooks. I'm no professional, but I enjoy photography."

PRE

"Okay so first things first, there are five packs in the city. South of here are the Justicars, over there" He points to where the Tur ends and Seeker territory began "is Shadow Seeker territory, their Beta Sally owns a Greek restaurant called Gypsy's if you're looking for Gyros. North of here is ACB territory. Off to the North East are the Sworn and the HOG are on the Eastern Front." He takes a breath to make sure she was keeping up.

"For the most part the interior of the city is unclaimed since the biggest threat are the Pure on the other side of the River. All of the packs have the River as one of their boundaries." Matt takes a moment to think on some stuff, trying to remember the address of that great Chinese food place.

"There are a couple of good Pizza and pita places near Sacramento State and a solid Chinese food place downtown that does some great beef chow mien. I had some there with a Maxim cover girl back in September." Nobody ever believes that story.

"There are a few good cheap hotels in town, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for a couple of weeks, but if cash is an issue we can find you a place to crash."

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Gwen wondered sometimes exactly why she'd been chosen for this job. It was an interesting meditation subject. Why, why why. She hadn't been able to come up with a satisfactory answer yet, and recently the more practical concerns of the world interfered with that quiet time. Like now. Pack business came first. There'd be time for thought later. (Or 'intense navel-gazing, as she'd heard it called once)

So she walked into Tur, headed for the two wolves already present. She'd never come to neutral ground just to be there and brood or whatever it is some did. No, this was a place to speak to the others. So she started to approach the pair, with the intent to speak. Get the pulse of the land, the heartbeat of the people. Ugh, Vinnie, was so much better at this. She doesn't move straight into the conversation, preferring to let them finish whatever business was immediately at hand without her interruption.

A
    Aynie

Morgan's interest turns almost immediately towards the new wolf approaching. She looks up, then up some more, her own eyebrow arching in response to the girl's height. For a moment, her own wolf bristled at the sign of another predator, one that could possibly be a threat.

She tenses until Matt finishes his explanation of the packs and the sights before she lets out a breath. There was no need to square off. This wasn't her city, or even her territory. When Matt pauses, she gives him a smile of thanks and then stares to the tall girl.

She doesn't speak, but it's clear that she's waiting for Gwen to go first.

PRE

To say that Matt is slightly frustrated as Gwen arrives and steals the attention of the other wolf as the Elodoth was filling her in on stuff that was need to know is a bit of an understatement. While he was not usually a prideful guy, Matt still had a bit of a chip on his shoulder regarding his first month in the city. Well considering that he had more dates with Maxim cover models (1) than call backs from packs (0), he felt slightly justified in holding a bit of a grudge. Yeah it was childish.

He stands up straight, all barely 6'0 of his lean muscled frame that he'd worked hard to improve after arriving in the city. He crosses his arms and breathes deeply, counting down from 10 to calm himself down. Matt waits until 1 before speaking politely, looking first to the Alpha of the Sworn.

"Gwen Barty, Alpha of the Sworn" he turns his attention to Morgan "meet Morgan, Rahu of the Iminir." Part of him wanted to be a jerk but he was able to the Asshole part of his nature repressed for now. He'd always made an effort to help out the new arrivals because of what happened to him, to make sure they found a place for themselves where they could make a difference. He also was a Beta now, Beta to a Blood Talon Rahu Alpha. His job was to be cool, to keep a clear head.

He stands there with his arms crossed. Stands there cool. Stands there Steven McQueen level cool.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

"Thank you, Matt," she tells Matt. She inclines her head in what she imagines a gracious motion. "And, please, just Gwen will do." She was determined not to let any of this get to her head. That was the key, really. Or at least, she thought it was.

"It's a pleasure, Morgan," she says, offering the Rahu a hand to shake. With an encouraging smile, she adds, "Welcome to Sacramento." Her posture is at ease. As relaxed as any Forsaken could be here and now. She took comfort in knowing that this was a safe place (well, relatively safe), and that she held something of its strength. Matt's way of speaking and acting doesn't go entirely unnoticed, but Gwen doesn't associate it with her presence.

A
    Aynie

Matt's reaction doesn't go unnoticed by Morgan, but either she has enough tact to not bring attention to it ... or she might empathize with the Elodath. Either way, she steps forward and grips Gwen's hand when it's offered. She can't help herself, or her Iminir teachings: the handshake isn't just a friendly gesture, it's a gesture that reinforces Morgan's place as an Iminir, and as a Rahu. The grip is strong and assured. Through the sunglasses, she locks her gaze on Gwen.

"Thanks." She states, pulling back once the handshake's done. "Matt's been telling me about the city, and the issues with the Pure on the northern border. Your pack has the north-east section, yeah?" She asks, the tone almost casual.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last