Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Once Brenn calls the number Max gave her; she'll be instructed by a female voice to return to the Court to meet with the Reeve in his office. The young sounding voice identifies herself as Ms Wylde; and tells the Kindred she will be waiting at the stairs for Brenn's arrival.

Once Brenn makes her way to Court and down the stairs, she's meet by a young woman of Asian descent standing by the coat room. Dressed in a close-cut business suit; Samantha bows deeply as the woman matching the description Max provided her approaches. Samantha does not radiate the Predator's Taint, and is clearly alive; a welcoming smile parting her lips.*

Good evening, Ms Lawrence I presume?

Samantha

NOS
    PRE

Brenn had spent the last few nights drafting announcements, trying to contact her herd, and burning the clothes she wore on the sewer expedition. The stench just didn't seem to come out. Kaylee, her ghoul, had claimed to have smelled nothing but Brenn didn't want to deal with it anymore. Besides, the burn-barrels could always use more fuel...

This night, however, Brenn wore her best Court clothing (black blouse with black jeans) and had taken a decent amount of time to clean and tame her greasy, tangling locks for her meeting with the Reeve. An entirely new pair of black Converse squeaked as she approached the woman, beanie pulled almost all the way to her eyes.

"Um, yeah, that's me. Although Miss is fine too. I know some people get all caught up on Miss or Mizz or whatever but I don't really care. In fact, Brenn is fine too, but I suppose, um, that that depends on your 'employer'." Now that Brenn's been standing still it's clear that the Haunts left shoulder is sightly limp and she stands favoring the right side of her body.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Samantha just smiles, dipping her head slightly.* Thank you Ma'am; but Reeve Heinz has been quite clear on how I am to address individuals here. If you will please follow me? *It was not so much a question as a nicety; as the thin mortal turns on her heels and begins walking towards the Reeve's office.

Once there, she opens the door, steps inside, and holds it open for Brenn.* Ms Lawrence to see you, sir. *She says softly, bowing her head until Max answers. The Reeve is standing, motioning for Brenn to come into the office.

The space itself is spartan, two small but functional desks with computers and high-back chairs, with two office chairs placed in front of the larger of the two desks. The only other piece of furniture in the office is a respectably large bookshelf, stocked with books that look far too out-dated and academic to be of any real use. The flaked gold leaf letters on the well creased bindings proclaim them to be books on history, archeology, and mythology.

It is one of these books Max places back in it's proper spot as he motions for Brenn to come in; Max in his usual outfit: Slacks, wingtip shoes, and a white button shirt tucked in.* Thank you, Samantha. You may wait outside. Ms Lawrence, please, come in; take a seat...

NOS
    PRE

"Of course," the Nosferatu replies, following the ghoul to the Office. Once she steps inside she inclines her head to the Reeve and slowly lowers into a chair, her wounded frame somewhat apparent. She adjusts slightly then, reaching into a back pocket to retrieve several folded papers followed by a case holding a fountain pen.

"Thank you, Reeve Heinz. I admire your library, by the way. Nothing is quite like a solid tome, eh?" Brenn offers, giving a light grin from behind her cascade of still greasy-looking hair. "Er, pardon, I assume you'd like to get down to business. I've written several drafts of the announcement, each in a slightly different tone. I'd also be willing to transcribe an entirely new document based off of any preferences that you would have. What sounds like the best option?"

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Samantha waits for Brenn to walk in before withdrawing, closing the door to leave the two Kindred in privacy. Max watches as she sets, noting the slightly off kilter stance, but making no remarks on it. She wasn't the first Kindred in the city to bear the burden of a broken body, though she did it without the cane Martha did. He couldn't decide if that made her more or less brave.

Either way, it was not his place to remark on the similarities to Brenn and the Keeper; instead the Reeve nods, making his way back to his desk.* Thank you, Ms Lawrence; just a small collection to keep me entertained on slow nights. But yes, I agree; I'd rather have something with a good heft to it. *He sets, silent as the woman explains what she has been up to.*

Let me see what you have written and we'll go from there. Given the make up of the city and the lack of any one over-riding covenant; I would like to keep the wording and tone as neutral as possible.

NOS
    PRE

"Neutral. Very well," Brenn replies, shuffling through her papers for a moment. Finally she takes one out and presents it before the Reeve. Her words are penned in a legible yet spidery script and the page give indications that this is not a final draft.

The Announcement

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max reads the paper twice, noting the verbose phrasing of the announcement. It wasn't to his taste, but perhaps it would serve to inspire the Kindred of Sacramento to action. His own writing style was too sterile to inspire anyone, and the writing would certainly sit well with the Invictus of the city.

He hands the paper back to Brenn with a nod of approval.* Very nice, Ms Lawrence. At the end I would add: "All parties interested in assisting in the coming assault; either by force of arms or the prevention of mortal authorities becoming aware of the events to come, should seek out Reeve Heinz or the Deputies Flores, Grayson, and O'Connor."

NOS
    PRE

"As you'd like, Reeve Heinz," Brenn replies gladly, jotting Max's addition to the bottom of the paper. "If you'd wait a few minutes I'll final draft the document and then you can direct its distribution as you please."

Final Draft

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max gives the paper one more looking over, putting it away into a manila folder on his desk.* Very nice Ms Lawrence. It has something my usual prose lacks. I'll take it to the Keeper for posting. Somehow I think my asking will carry a little more weight. No offense of course...

*He puts the folder off to the side for a now, taking a moment to study the ambitious young Kindred in front of him. He was used to neonates who thought they could conquer the world only to have the unfortunate reality of unlife smack them in the face.

But there was the odd Kindred that managed to combine drive with a passable amount of brains. And it was always a good idea to try and sort any new arrivals into their respective groupings; to know who to watch for treachery and who to watch for a good laugh.*

Ms Lawrence, I thank you for your assistance to the Domain; and you are free to go if you have pressing matters tonight. But, I do like to familiarize myself with new arrivals to the city. If you have time tonight; I wouldn't mind a few words... *He keeps his face neutral, but a quizzical eyebrow lifts at the offer; the Reeve awaiting the woman's response.*

NOS
    PRE

"Oh, of course, Reeve, I understand that I lack the authority to post such a document so, uh, no offense is taken" Brenn paused, clearly how about how she wanted to proceed. A first for her. Then again, it was also the first time she'd lived through a near fatal battle in the bowels of the city. For a moment her face was utterly still, the shadows of the recent past chasing across her features, before she resumed speaking."Oh, and thank you for the complement, I'm glad to lend my strengths to the Domain. I don't have anything demanding tonight, and I do enjoy gabbing about myself, so feel free to request any words," she proclaimed, her tone lighter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread