Ended
Watch
231 - 240
DISPLAYED
The Next Step?

Page 24 of 26 First ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Last
    C
    Calrabjohns

Tommy nodded, appreciative of getting a name from someone there as well as a run-down on everything going on. He felt confident in his previous offer until a flashier ogre walked in and proceeded to put on a bizarre show and display of his...talents? He wasn't about to judge. On the contrary, he leaned over to whisper to Sebastian, "Is this the right way to meet people? He seems so sure of himself."

Sebastian had curled into himself as tightly as he could. The barb from Otto didn't go over that great for him. That was nothing though compared to the utter madness of those few minutes. Sword-wielding tigers and one of the potential band of Hedge walkers looked and sounded like something from a Hunter S. Thompson book, who of course planned to lead. He'd refer Tommy to "How to Win Friends and Influence People" if they ever get the time. He whispered as low as he could, "When you get to the end of a rainbow, it produces a scary afterbirth like this. Not a pot of gold."

Tommy could tell from the tone it wasn't a compliment, but he couldn't continue this back and forth. He wouldn't be able to sneak around as well as Sebastian, and he did remember that cat girl being leary of helping the redhead. Being an outsider, he knew what it was like to be the minority and she spoke up when she thought it would help her friends. That was more important than anything to him right now, even at the peril of the Hedge being crazy. "We're going with the windy guy, Chuckles, and whoever else. You can be mad later."

Tommy could be as rigid as the pebbles that crumble forth from him, so Sebastian wasn't going to keep arguing. This new confidence was not timed well. He resumed cleaning himself sullenly. Their path was set.

L

It was one of the times where he could have just kissed her, it really was. Unfortunately that probably wouldn't quite be appropriate given where they were and what was going on. So he simply nodded in affirmation. "One group to use stealth and subterfuge," Al could certainly be surprisingly stealthy. Granted he openly proclaimed himself to be the fastest thief in the land, but given his exuberant personality it was still hard to believe until you saw him in action. "and I imagine the other could take a more social approach. I'll leave you guys to sort out the exact details on your own, but remember to coordinate through Terri and Xerxia. We don't want everyone running off and doing their own -"

"Thing" was presumably going to be how he concluded the statement, but it was cut off by the rather flamboyant entrance of the new Autumn...which Rick has absolutely no idea what to make of. At the very least, he supposed, the Leaden Mirror would have a Fool of the First Frost. "Umm...right, the Hedge. Like Tommy said, you're going to want to come with me then." Which would give him three people confident in their ability to brave the Hedge, two of whom certainly looked as though they could handle themselves well in a fight. Of course, you could never underestimate a Fairest either. He'd seen what Nightfall was capable of. And he had little doubt that, when it came time to actually venture into the Hedge, Marcus would be there with them too. That was certainly a core of a group he could feel comfortable with.

He glanced briefly between Tommy, Sweet Tooth, Abigail, and Patrick before looking to Mr. Bates. "If you could lead us to where Tickle is being kept then, please?"

PRE

Irea had gone over to watch Sweet Tooth's performance, enamored with his display of antics. It was refreshing to see something so forthright and whimsical, especially after witnessing the dour, circular argument from before.Rea clapped softly for the Clown and shot him a grin before excusing herself and twirling on her heel back to face the remaining Lost. Hopefully things would become more productive now that some semblance of Leadership had been established.

"Perhaps, Miss Terri, Mr. Al, and Miss Xerxia, it would help the three of you decide on groups if you knew more about each of our talents. If nothing else I'll list my own, assuming no one minds? I'm new to the City, and have only been three days since arrived, so while I know nothing of Fairweather, or his past, I know that the reverse must also be true. That might come as an asset or as a detriment; I know not. I'm skilled in mimicry but I do favor a discreet, unseen approach, especially when the sun isn't overhead. If needs must, I can fight as well; I am a member of the Silent Arrow...Who would like to go next?"

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Boring!"

Al-Adin called out, frustrated and tired of the fact that no one seemed to be listening to anyone. He also seemed bored out of his mind. This was worse than getting caught with the too-big flat screen TV and the gardener showing up at 5 in the morning and having to sneak using the dawn to hide in the sun.
    "Me and Terri and You."
    He points to himself, Terri, and Irea. "Are going to go exploring now. If you want to come too, then leave now. Goodbye everyone! Come on you guys, we got to get going!" And with that, he leaves.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Doctor Jack

Doctor Jack

PRE

Jack simply raises an eyebrow at the newcomer's clownish performance.

What the... damn. Clowns really are creepy.

The good doctor suppresses a shiver as he mentally declines Rick's offer to investigate the Hedge. He certainly would not be joining Mr. Pereg on that particular assignmant. Instead, he looks at Xerxia and gestures toward Katie.

"So, does that leave us to help this young lady?"

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

The Sun's Tongue looks up from the pictures at the 'bleeding' Wizened, then at the shy, scared woman, and finally back down to the pictures. I guess it's as good as any place to start. I'm not sure if her plight is tied into this Fairweather business, and even if it isn't, maybe some sort of reward will come of it or some treasure will be around for looting...

"I believe so,"
    the elven woman replies. Her steely eyes turn to Katie as she smiles wearily and extends her hand, "I'm sorry that your predicament seems to have been handed around so much tonight. My name's Xerxia among our kind."

Looking around at those who said they would be helping either herself or the woman with fiery tresses, she calls, "Let's go ahead and move off to the side and get a bit more organized before determining a plan."

K
    Kazakin

Rook watched the social confusion and wondered if the clown had just wandered in from a full frontal lobotomy. This was absolutely ridiculous. They'd had a pretty solid plan down and then that Goddamn Autumn had reorganised everything to the point where no one was sure of what they were doing. Perfect.

Must've been middle-management before he was taken.

He shook his head slowly. Normally, he'd have volunteered for the more dangerous task of going through the Hedge, but that meant going with that Goddamn Airhead, and he wasn't feeling like being micromanaged today. Thank God he'd not been asked. He drew a short breath through his teeth.

"I know how to move quietly to a degree, and I'm not the worst with people. I don't care which group I'm with; we should just stop over-complicating this and get going," he said with a shrug to Leo. Not the best either. That was the price. Really, the only time he felt plugged in was when he was playing. He ran his thumb across the badge in his pocket.

S
    Smoo

Sweet Tooth returned Irea’s grin with a cheeky wink and a grin of his own. Then rocking back slightly on his feet he contemplates the words of Al-Adin and Otto. Well you can please some of the people some of the time but you can’t please all of the people all of the time and no matter where you go there’s always at least one heckler in the crowd. He looked towards Otto. And heckled by an otter of all things their my favourite animal at the zoo. I could sit and watch their antics for hours. But cute as they are you can’t let a heckler have the last word. “Sorry pal I can see you lips moving but all I’m hearing is Wa Wa Wa I’m a cranky Enhydra Lutris.” He said with a grin.

Philistine wouldn’t know the value of good art if it punched him in the nose and this is one crowd that looks like it could use a ray of sunshine. Sparing the comments not another thought the clown strides over to Rick grabs the Elementals hand and gives it a firm and vigorous pumping, like a puppy dog wagging its tail. “Hiya storm bird glad to make your acquaintance. Lead on kimosabi and I will follow.”

Before Rick has a chance to reply he steps over to the table Sebastian is curled up on. “Awesome a talking kitty. Hey there Salem where’s Sabrina hiding?” He says. Then reaches down and gives the cat a friendly scratch behind the ear if it will accept one.

Melaine
    Storyteller
    Anasztaz Veres
    Nosferatu, Ordo Dracul

Blood Potency ••
    Striking Looks ••
    Status (Ordo Dracul) ••

Melaine
    Beast (Hunterheart)

Melaine looked aside and rolled her eyes back. Her patience was thinning dramatically, she hardly could put up with so much pussyfooting after a full day of trying to get her life sorted. She had been called, she had answered. It should have been as simple as that. Deranged as they were, with the Gracious Ones it was at least easy.

"I can seek and find, stalk and hunt."
    she says as she brings her gaze forward again, pursing her lips. Quite the CV, she knew. She had said that before many times although not with the exact same words, and not on this side of the Hedge.

They should have just left the room on the spot when the call had been made for Winter to rally.
    Melaine | Beast (Hunterheart) | Presence ••• (Bitter) | Winter Mantle • | Glamour 5/10 | WP 5/5 | Freehold Oath

Player of the Month

Mr. Bates

The Wizened Autumn was about to approach the smoking fellow when the Legate of Mists asks for him to show the Hedge group to Tickle. He gives Sam a look that informs the Bartender to deal with the situation and moves to where Rick waited, a look of distaste for the chaos on his face. It is the look of a food critic who finds a hair floating in the broth of a highly overpriced soup.

His usual polite smile has returned by the time he has reached the Hedge group.

"Follow me please"

Sam the Bartender

Sam makes his way over to the Otter, trying to avoid the whole three ring circus going on in his bar. Seriously they even had a bloody Clown now, he thinks to himself as he shakes his head.

"Hey friend, this is a non-smoking establishment. So unless you're going to pay the $1000 fine from those State of California Health Nazis, mind keeping the cigarettes outside?" Noticing in the beer in the man's hand Sam sighs.

"Also 4 bucks for the beer. Mr. Bates doesn't like it when people take advantage of the hotel and I don't think it's a good idea to mess with a hotel manager named Bates."

Katie

The redheaded girl smiles at Xerxia.

"Katie." She seems calm. Well as calm as possible under the circumstances and certainly more in control than many of the other Lost in the room.

"It is impossible to hear your own thoughts, we should move to a quieter part of the room."

She stands up, still holding the picture of Sandra, and moves to the other end of the barroom which was empty and seemed to promise a return to sanity from this whole mess.

Page 24 of 26 First ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Last
Closed Thread