Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
The Next Step?

Page 2 of 26 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
    L

A stronger Autumn wind joined the one already present, bringing dried leaves and flashes of electricity to the air as Rick slid into the empty seat across from Patrick. He'd been out and about today; and noticed that a small, impromptu little gathering of Lost seemed to be forming. Besides, seeing an author typing at something did always seem to pique ones curiosity. "Working on the next bestseller?"

"I have visited, It is different. Thats all I can say. Personally I like it better here.... You visiting or just passing through?"
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

P
    Patrick Donovan

Patrick glances at the person sitting across from him as he stops typing for a second. Rick's observation receives a smile as the Darkling takes a quick sip of his Coffee and Bailey's as he thinks of the proper reply.

"Well it does appear that I have been busted and my latest work of Twilight slash fan fiction will remain unfinished." The death appearing Autumn holds a straight face for a couple of seconds before laughing at the joke.

"Actually it is just a draft of a short story I have been asked to contribute to an anthology." Pushing his chair to give Rick his attention he takes another sip and then places the cup on the saucer. "So how are things?"

B
    Beej

QuoteQuote:
    "I have visited, It is different. Thats all I can say. Personally I like it better here.... You visiting or just passing through?"
    "Visiting, at least. A friend of my mentioned there are companies and lobbying groups here paying good money for Japanese translators. I picked it as a kid so I'm hoping I can make some money while I'm here."

The mention of Japanese translators made Kaitos eyes narrow in suspicion. Her eyes quickly move to look at the location of Patrick and Rick. They swiftly move, looking at all the people sat in the bar.

Kaito was a Japaneese name, it was the name her keeper had given her. She knew all too well her keepers fascination with Japan. Was this one sent to try and bring her back.

"I see. Have you met the correct people?"

L

"Well it's a good thing you're not actually doing that Twilight slash fiction stuff...I'd hate to have to fry your computer to make sure it never saw the light of day." Because, really, that wouldn't even be all that hard for him to do. "As for things, I'm resting a lot easier knowing that Tickle isn't running loose anymore. Though there's still the matter of undoing the damage he's done."

B
    Beej

QuoteQuote:
    "I see. Have you met the correct people?"

"Uh..if you mean the..uh..'franchise', uh no I haven't."

Otto cocks an eyebrow at the woman's reaction to his admission about knowing Japanese. "Now that's weird. Maybe she's from my time?"

"I got in two days ago and have been riding a bachelorette train ever since." Otto paused at the now suddenly awkward feeling to the conversation. "Speaking of the..franchise, where would one find the franchise manager to touch base?"

P
    Patrick Donovan

Patrick smiles at Rick's hopefully playful threat and nods at the mention of Tickle no longer being able to threaten the Freehold. However the Darkling remembers his conversation with Mrs. Rosemary held in the kitchen of the hotel just before the Spring Revel.

"Actually I must wonder if Tickle is the sole cause of those conditions. A little while back Kaito, Kathleen, a couple of others and myself rescued a small child who had wandered into the Hedge from Capitol Park." He remembers the little girl entangled in the thorns as the Hedge seemed take on the affectation of a 1950's B Movie.

"The thorns were attempting to pull the child into themselves, after seemingly luring the little girl with a type of fruit called "Nevernips". Kaito and I spoke with Mrs. Rosemary about them, and were informed that they are blended and usually created rather than growing wild. That a large Hallow and a good working knowledge of both gardening and goblin fruit."

The Darkling was glad that they were alone in their part of the bar and able to speak freely. "If Tickle wishes to keep the Hedge closed, why would he lower the barriers to say attract a wandering small child? Why grow addictive blended and dangerous fruits? Why have the Thorns attack our kind whenever we exit the Hedge?"

Was he really calling the freehold a franchise? Did that mean that spring were the actual business... that all the other courts were subordonate to their own and by extension the freehold? Perhaps it was a poor choice in code words.

"Well, I would not exactly call it a franchise."
    Kaito said icily. "You have come to the correct place though. I would suggest you speak to the Hotel Manager. Mr Bates. He is the clubs welcome comittie."

B
    Beej

QuoteQuote:
    "Well, I would not exactly call it a franchise." Kaito said icily. "You have come to the correct place though. I would suggest you speak to the Hotel Manager. Mr Bates. He is the clubs welcome comittie."
    Otto's raised eyebrow turns into a frown. "Well pardon me for not being hip to the local ligo sister." he thought as he pulled out a ten note and tossed it on the bar. "Thanks for tip Miss Kaito." he said curtly. "You might want to get something a bit warmer to drink. Its a little chilly in here if you ask me." With that Otto turned and headed off for the front desk and the Hotel Manager.

Page 2 of 26 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread