Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Next Step?

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    Player of the Month

It was another mundane weekday night at the 4Seasons Hotel. While not as busy as it normally would be on a weekend there are still are fair amount of people out and about the main areas of the hotel. Staff moving carts with the bags of guests or room service food from the excellent on site restaurant mixed with the bustle of guests entering the hotel from a long day of meetings or leaving it for a long night of adventure.

The bar was mostly quiet except for soft music coming from the piano and a few customers nursing drinks at the bar. Off in the corner at a table by himself a rather deathly appearing fellow with the mantle of Autumn sits typing away at a laptop. About once every two minutes he takes a small break to sip from the Irish Coffee that rests on his table.

Yes it's another night in the Freehold of Sacramento.

This is an Open scene for any and all Lost toons and probably a good place to begin for new players who have missed the Spring Festival. Feel free to join in people.

B
    Beej

The elevator doors slid open with a ding, disgorging a rather pained looking Otto Fischer. Staggering into the hotel lobby, Otto to most people looked like a man in his mid thirties who had already have a very long day with his rumpled suit and 'Barchelorette Gone Wild' shotglass dangling from his neck. For the select few who could see past his Mask, his the swimmerskin otter Mein looked equally hungover with his drooping whiskers and fuzzy ears. He cast about for a moment before spotting the hotel bar. Grunting, the swimmerskin made a beeline straight for the bar. Sitting down heavily on the padded leather bar chair, he waved at the bartender. "Texas speed ball." Otto paused and rubbed his face. "Thats a black coffee and a beer." he explained quickly before someone might think he was asking for drugs.

The door to the bar swings open and a shaft of ice cold air whips through the bar. The other patrons don't even seem to notice as a small blue woman enters the bar. A flurry of snowflakes whipping around her body.

She walks up to the bar. "Vodka and coke please" she said pulling out a crumpled up $10 bill.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

B
    Beej

QuoteQuote:
    She walks up to the bar. "Vodka and coke please" she said pulling out a crumpled up $10 bill.
    Grimacing at the thought of vodka, Otto turns to his right at the sound of the woman's voice. "Winter." was the first thought that popped into his head when he saw the snowflakes and skin of the owner of the voice. Another thought occurs to him and Otto turns in his chair, sweeping the bar with a glance. Off in a corner one those ghoulish Darklings was tapping away at a laptop. Groaning, the swimmerskin turns back to the woman. "Four Seaons, you've got to be kidding me."

The barman handed Kaito her drink, slowly taking a sip she smiled and turned to Otto. "I guess you are new around these parts?"

B
    Beej

QuoteQuote:
    The barman handed Kaito her drink, slowly taking a sip she smiled and turned to Otto. "I guess you are new around these parts?"

"You would be correct ma'am."
    Otto replies. He pauses and nods to the barman as his beer materialize. "Otto Fischer, Seattle Spring." he introducs himself before taking a long drag from the bottle.

"Kaito." She holds out her hand, any indication of her court is not said allthough her Mantle was a pretty massive clue.

"What brings you to our city?"

B
    Beej

Taking the woman's hand it gave it a shake. "Miss Kaito." Downing the rest of his beer he sets it on the bar. "I miss California. I'm hoping the pasture is greener down here than up there." Snapping the plastic shotglass off his neck, he places it on the bar and picks up his cup of coffee. "So for its as friendly as I remember it."

Kaito was unsure if up there was an analogy for Arcadia. Sadly it was one of the problems when speaking in code in public.

"It is once of the advantages to living in a small town. People seem friendlyier. I lived in Los Angeles for a breif period and it is suprising that two places in the same state can have a completely different feel."

B
    Beej

QuoteQuote:
    "It is once of the advantages to living in a small town. People seem friendlyier. I lived in Los Angeles for a breif period and it is suprising that two places in the same state can have a completely different feel."
    Otto smiled crookedly at the woman calling Sacromento as small town. "Good God," he thought. "she's call this place a small town?" Taking a sip, he sighs at the task to nice strong black coffee. "Los Angeles? I'd love to see it again, but from everything I've heard its not how I remember it. Wouldn't mind seeing Catalina again, what with all the buffalo."

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread