Ended
Watch

(1103) Eternal Court XIV

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 48 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

Sidor's eyebrow quirked in the blackness, the movement half-formed. He wondered quite what deserved that oddly poetic response about the moon. Had his English been poor? No... Kharoshii vecher... Good evening. Hm. Perhaps it was an American thing.

"Miss Lawrence, you were the one who was shouting about religion, not I," he said, with a little shrug. "I am not entirely certain where you got this strange impression of me as a screaming, violent maniac. I certainly never raised my voice; anger is a waste of time, as is holding a grudge over someone possessing a temper."

NOS
    PRE

Bloody vampires, Brenn thinks to herself, wondering what sort of game Sidor might be at. That was the thing she hated about talking with her kind, it was hard to tell what their game's were.

"First of all, spite is not anger, or necessarily associated with maniacal behavior. It is the intent to cause strife and in the meeting that is all I saw going on. Although I must admit that now, as we have this civil conversation, it seems I was incorrect. Secondly, I did mention religion. If you call me a pawn, something which is gravely insulting, then I must point out that any follower of organized religion is beholden to the beliefs of others and their spiritual dictates. I.E. their world view is not their own. Since I was angry, I attributed that to being a pawn because I was insulting back. In truth that is an oversimplification and I will apologize for that folly but I won't apologize for anything else."

K
    Kazakin

"Neither am I asking you for an apology, Miss Lawrence," Sidor said simply, his accented voice sounding light. "What is done is done. But I think you misheard me. I did not call you a pawn. I told you it was unwise to make yourself into one. Perhaps my grasp of English was not perfect, but I believed I was accurate enough to make myself clear."

"No, I believe you said 'you would do well to remember, Ms. Lawrence, that you are more than a pawn...' That would implicate that I was one at the time. If that's not what you meant to say then it was just a miss-communication. In the future though, please don't recommend I remember something like that. There is a reason why I am Unbound. I've done the pawn thing once and I'm never going to again."

K
    Kazakin

"As you say. The words do not necessarily imply that in my language." Sidor shrugged. The nuance seemed clear to him. He had protested to someone behaving as if they were an All-Powerful Leader who none may dare to speak against. Perhaps it was simply a failure of English.

"I believe very strongly in the future of the Nosferatu clan. Thus I am making an effort to get to know all the Haunts in the domain," he said, his voice never wavering from careful and polite. "If you should require assistance, I am always available." He gave a dry laugh.

"Although perhaps I still need to improve my English. If I were speaking Russian, I fear I would be far more eloquent."

NOS
    PRE

"Or maybe I'm just oversensitive," Brenn replies with her own shrug. "I appreciate that you've tried, and succeeded, to clear the air between us. If I do need assistance then I'll be happy to contact you: I'll have to see how my foray with Ms. Malloy goes first, though. Oh, and you said you wished to get to know all the Haunts in the Domain, pardon me for the lack of Introduction. I'm Brenn Lawrence, of Clan Nosferatu, perpetually Unaligned, a brawler, poet, and otherwise Freedom Writer. Pleased to meet you."

K
    Kazakin

"My name is Sidor Rurikovitch," Sidor said, his voice pleasant. Of course, he didn't seem to be rattled by very much, so that was hardly a surprise. But then, he was serious about performing his role well. "Former hired killer, for my sins. Russian born, although I am sure that is hardly a surprise to you."

NOS
    PRE

"Nope, not quite a surprise," she agrees, more relaxed now. "I'm America born, myself; Californian through and through. Perhaps when we next meet as a Clan we'll have less issues outside of the discussion to resolve. Oh, but I'm sure there are other things you'd rather discuss at this court though, so I won't take up any more of your time." Brenn wasn't really sure where else to go in the conversation so it was probably best to wind it down.

C
    Conner Greyson

"I would like to have his room done for him before we begin the transition. Rather then it still needing work." Conner explained. "I do not wish to give him a half built gift. It may... reflect poorly." Conner said after a short pause.

"I have no problem with you conducting your work in the house. I will not be having the same restriction on the basement of the new haven as I did on my personal one. I do, however, recommend that any guests be kept away from there." Conner finished his words and began to again take notes of his thoughts on the living quarters.

K
    Kazakin

"Undoubtedly so. The meeting was... heated, it is true. It is a shame our newly elected Priscus made such a poor decision as to refuse to take criticism," Sidor said after a moment. He looked almost rueful, but the expression seemed distant and shaded, as if he couldn't focus in the darkness.

"If she had but let the discussion continue... Rather than attempting to transform it into a religious debate that bore no relevence. It is not as if we were suggesting it is against our religion to run someone over, after all, only that the act itself was ostentatious and would engender a breach of the Traditions. But no matter- she made her decision." He shook his head. "A great shame. Perhaps once the issue of these homeless Kindred slaughterers is behind us, she will prove to be a more level-headed leader. It was clearly a highly personal issue, since she is responsible for letting it linger for so much time."

Page 3 of 48 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread