It was a beautiful clear night when Ariana had left Conner's house. She was in the mood for a fun bite tonight. So much was on her mind. Conner, the coterie, various court issues, Thomas, Martha, and Alice but they all kept running together. She never let anything like this seep in before. Perhaps because Lord Bainsworth kept her away and all she had to worry about was doing his bidding and her job. I miss Louie, she thought to herself.

When Ariana arrived at the club where she met Oz a not long ago. He kept sending her text messages asking her to meet here after the first night she met him. All of her replies usually revolved around work, which was mostly true. When she walked in her eyes combed through the crowd at the dance club. Her black dress with gold accent across the her cleavage was form fitting and the heels she wore made her legs look amazing. She takes a seat at the bar and orders a glass of red wine, for looks as usual.

Several men came up to her saying similar things,"Well hello there beautiful." or " Do you know karate? Because your body is really kickin'." That one would definitely go in her cheap lines journal. Ariana had her mouth closed while she ran her tongue over her fangs, listening to the sad pick up lines. She was waiting for Oz though, he was only a few minutes late so far. As yet another man was laying yet another cheesy line on her, a voice said, "Guys, really, I'm sure she's lactose intolerant." Ariana laughed at his dry sense of humor.

"Thank you Oz." Ariana said still grinning from his snappy come back. "How are you this evening?" Oz was wearing jeans and a sport coat again classy yet casual, she enjoyed it.

"You're welcome. Sorry, unfortunately some of those dudes are buddies." There was regret in his voice. "I am well this evening, sorry I was late. The parking out there was terrible." Oz definitely had the look of irritation on his face.

Ariana thought she would change his mood quickly. "Well then, in that case, I will buy you a drink." A quick exchange with the bartender and Oz received his drink promptly. They talked for a while, mainly his ranting about basketball but she pretended to be interested. The music had changed to more slow dance music, yet still upbeat. Ariana's foot was obscurely keeping the beat.

"Would you care to dance?" Oz asked Ariana sheepishly.

She doubted he could dance well, but she would make due. "I would enjoy that."

As they got to the dance floor the song changed to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis. Ariana stopped in her tracks. “Oz, can we skip this song?” She said faking a laugh and cringing inside at the love song.

Smiling Oz leaned in and whispered in her ear. “Humor me, please?” Oz took Ariana’s right hand with his left and put his hand on the small of her back. Ariana quickly reached back and lowered his hand slowly below the small of her back. It still bothered occasionally to have anyone touch her back for a length of time. She placed her hand on his other shoulder. She could tell he was trying to make an effort to impress her, she kept his pace though. Ariana did not want to out do the man and hurt his ego. He took a big step and spun her once. Seeing how well that worked, he did it a few more times during the song. She was rather impressed how well he could meld to the song.

The song changed again this time to something very sensuous. “Oh I love this song.” Ariana swooned. It was Closer by Nine Inch Nails and she had not heard it in years. She stood closer to Oz this time, their matched hands between them as they moved to the music. Her chest softly moving along his as his hand rested below the small of her back and her arm around the back of his neck.

As the music heated up, Ariana turned so his back was to his chest. Shifting her legs and letting her hips move to the music, Oz put his hands on her waist. He leaned in and whispered "Do you know how bad I want you?" Ariana laughed to herself, the bulge was quite evident without him saying a word.

She whirled around quickly and leaned in close. Playfully licking his earlobe as the song ended, she whispered "Shall we go?" Oz nodded and then walked to her car.

Ariana knew what he wanted, it was definitely obvious. Still she feared what she would do to him. They pulled up outside of his apartment complex. Oz took off his seat belt and leaned in to kiss her. She reciprocated and his hand slinked its way over to her thigh. She moved to kiss down his neck her tongue feeling the blood rushing beneath his skin. She could not resist any longer. As her teeth sunk in Oz moaned slightly.

As she finished drinking, and licked her teeth marks to seal them. Oz seemingly dazed spoke "Wow, that was incredible. My head is still spinning."

Ariana replied in a lower yet soft voice. "I think you had too much to drink tonight." Or maybe I did, she thought to herself.

Oz laughed a little, "Yeah that must be it." Yawning he spoke again "I'm so tired too."

"You should go up and go to bed. I will hail a cab home."
She smiled encouraging him.

Ariana walked him to the front door and she watched him slowly walk up the stairs. She turned to walk down the street. Ahhh to be mortal and naive again, she thought.