Conner was the first to arrive at the private room in the Avalon. Conner had felt it wise to meet on neutral ground. He was not exactly pleased to be back here so soon after the debacle at court but there was one good thing. Conner new his weakness now, and it was his range. He knew it always to be a weakness but it was more now then it had been for some time completely obvious. And the dog. The fucking dog... Anyway Conner walked over to the round table and sat. rather unceremoniously sat. But he sat none the less. He waited for his partners to arrive and as he did he dropped the blush that allowed him to look human. it felt good to just be what he is supposed to be. Not fake a heart beat, or a pulse, or even breathing. All of those were useless now anyway.

Thomas had wished for the meeting to take place sooner however the duel between Dirge and Greyson made that impossible. Making his way into Avalon wearing one of his normal black suits and tie that identified him to his fellow Kindred of Quality as a Mekhet, he quickly makes his face down the stairs with a purpose. He moves towards Greyson and nods to his fellow Deputy and Coterie mate.

Anton arrived in an slate gray, off-the-rack suit in a modern cut. His movement is a little stiff an guarded, but he maintains a courteous demeanor as he takes a seat. The Haunt nods to the other two Deputies. "Good evening."

Conner stands as the two men enter and nods his head to both of them. "Good evening Gentleman." Conner's ghoul closes the door and, as before, waits outside the door for her betters to finish. "Deputy Flores. Deputy O'Connor and I thought it was wise that we meet and discuss our duties." Conner sat down and looked to the Weathered skin of the Nosferatu and could not help but wonder the battles that the scar tissue came from.

Anton nods, laying a palm flat onto the table. "That'd be wise, Deputy Greyson." The Haunt's cadence loosened as the ghoul left, accent creeping back in. "What did you have in mind?"

Thomas nodded to Anton and took a moment to think on the situation with a gesture that one would almost call a sigh, could a kindred be capable of such an act. "With Von Schusten gone, Reeve Heinz away from the Domain and Lord Culler withdrawn from public affairs, there has been a complete turnover in the law enforcement of this Domain." He looks at both the Haunt and his fellow Shadow. "We're almost starting from scratch. With the loss of experience Kindred in the Domain it is up to us to begin to identify the issues that could become a source of trouble for the Domain and to focus on the elimination of those issues."

"I agree with Deputy O'Connor. So let us start, what threats exist that we are aware of. I do not mean hunches either. Ones we have Solid proof of that we can work to eliminate." Conner says looking to his partners with a solid look of confidence that the three men can work together to do what needs to be done.

Anton nods. "There's those homeless in that shanty-district out in the barrens. That's the First Tradition, run through." The Haunt speaks with disdain, felt largely for the length of time the problem has existed. "That's a tangible thorn in this domain, wouldn't you say?"

"Indeed. One that has been put aside for too long already."
The Mekhet pauses for a second before continuing. "Those tunnels under the city and whatever crafted them is another issue. Also the evidence Deputy Greyson's group found in Amber Hills at the conclusion of their part in the recent Blood Hunt. Deputy Flores are you familiar with either a Kindred named Kisten Maze or Muir?"

The Haunt furrows his brow, he was familiar with Maze. "That name rang out some years ago, the first time I arrived in this city, under the recluse. Foresworn, as I recall. Ash now."

"Hmmm... interesting, we found a picture of her with Dr. Lazarus and Set's things at Amber Hills." Conner explained to the Haunt, filling him in. "Which either means she was a person of interest to them, or involved in their doings."

Anton nodded. "Too strange to ignore. We could peel the right of it from Lazarus, were we able to find him. I'm confident of that."

"Lazarus is Dead. Set to Ash by the blades of my hunting party." Conner said deep in thought now.

"Nothing is ever that simple, I suppose."
The Haunt believed that Damnation continued after Final Death, but he didn't believe the dead could be reached via the Dark Miracles. "The picture, was it blurred in any way?"

"No, it wasn't. So either she willed herself to have the picture taken or it was taken before her embrace" Conner said remembering the clearness of the picture and how he hadn't thought of that little aspect until now.

"I'm more concerned by the research into MK Ultra he was conducting. Set consumed a former Priscus of the Nosferatu, O-Yama Hatori, in order to have the strength of blood to rip Lazarus from Torpor for that reason. While both Set and Lazarus might be ash, if their plans were successful we could be facing a serious problem."
His face is concerned.

"Deputy O'Connor, could you explain to us what MK Ultra is please?"

"Experiments conducted by the Central Intelligence Agency during the 1950's and 60's that used various methods including drugs and some elements of what would be considered 'brainwashing' to manipulate and influence brain functions. Ways to control or condition a mind." He was tempted to cite the Manchurian Candidate but the Deputy believed that neither Kindred would be a fan of such popular culture. "They were usually conducted on unknowing subjects. They were drugged or exposed to mental or physical torture to study the effects on the mind and to see if the proper responses could be effected."

"And we know from paperwork that we found that Doctor Lazarus was involved in these, and I use the term loosely, Tests."
Conner says confirming suspicions.

The so-called Samurai had been diablerized for 'that'? Anton had never been fond of Oyama, but saw no reason to mention this. "This would suggest that Maze and Lazarus may be linked via the Foresworn, and that Lazarus' research may be used by the Belial worshipers." The Haunt paused in thought. "Tell me, how credible do you believe Lazarus' research to be? What was found at Lazarus' bolt-hole."

"Please forgive the stupid question but Foresworn?" Conner asked

"I apologize. This is what the Brood call themselves. The Lance generally refers to credible threats as Foresworn, while the pretenders are merely 'Brood'."

"Ah, Thank you for the clarification."
Conner said with a nod to his fellow Deputy.

"Credible? Most of the CIA's experiments were failures. However with certain powers of the blood and the amount of knowledge Lazarus could have gained from his Requiem's work, I would say it is something that, despite it mainly being theory at this point, needs our attention."

"My knowledge of Doctor Lazarus is limited but I can say this for certain. While in his haven, and talking to the others, that Doctor Lazarus was not one to do anything related to his research half way." Conner said with confidence.

"We need to speak with some of the Kindred who have been apart of this Domain for a long period, if only to gain more background information about the parties involved and their abilities. It would gives us a solid base to begin a more focused investigation from."

"It would be imprudent to dismiss Lazarus' legacy," Anton agrees. "As for long-term residents. Few remain, thanks to the Lost Nights. The only ones here these nights, that I can recall from my last stop through here are Culler, Twist, the Prince, Ishani Naetesh, The Regent of Citrus Heights... others, possibly."

"Agreed Deputy Flores." Conner said, "But, we should remember that Doctor Lazarus is gone, as those who would continue in his work are unknown. And that unknown makes them unpredictable."

"Well it is something that demands our attention." He couldn't quite shake the feeling that Lazarus was brought out of Torpor for a purpose and so far they had little idea if that purpose had been ashed with him.

"What remains of Lazarus' Haven?"

"Destroyed, By order of the Seneschal and the Archon." Conner said with a sullen tone.

Anton frowned. "This is less than ideal."

"Agreed..."
Conner paused before saying, "Lazarus Had ghouls. Two of them. They may still be at Amber Hills."

"It's a starting point and better than nothing."

"Is is," Anton agreed. "Assuming we find them, I'm confident that I can extract any knowledge they have concerning their old regnant."

"Deputy Flores. May I ask you a question?" Conner asked politely

Anton looked as though he'd been taken off-guard somewhat. "You may," the Haunt replied.

"You have used the word 'Extract' twice this evening. I must say I am curious at what you mean by 'Extract'. We three are to be partners it is only wise that we know about each others specialties. That way we know how we may best work together."
Conner said looking to the other deputies for there agreement. Conner and Thomas knew each other well but it would be only wise that they share at least some of there talent with there partner.

"Very well. It's a euphemism I use. You see, I spent a raw while as an Inquisitor to the Lance; once in Juarez, and then again in New Mexico some years later. I've learned a thing or two about loosening tongues, though I don't claim to possess any supernatural means."

Conner nodded, "A talent I respect." Conner said, "I am a skilled knifesmith as well as a skilled in the ways of Obfuscate and Auspex. I will admit though, I am ... socially... gifted."

"Gentlemen." Thomas said with a smile. "We should locate this ghouls first or at least learn of their fate if they were killed with their master."

Anton entertained the idea of commissioning a blade from Deputy Greyson, but that could wait. He turns to Deputy O'Connor. "Seems a wise course of action. Do we have names?"

"Harold is one. I am unaware of the others name." Conner said

"Well if need to speak with Elders of the Domain about Muir, Maze and Lazarus' abilities we can also ask about the ghouls."
He looks at each Kindred. "So the homeless, the tunnels and the legacy of Lazarus."

"Has Mister Staley left the Domain?" Conner asked Anton?

"He has," Anton affirmed.

"Hmm... I thought he would be a good knowledge resource on this. I will speak with Regent Brady and see what information she can provide."
Conner says to the men.

"Excellent." Thomas offers the two other Kindred a polite smile. "Is there anything else we need to discuss tonight?"

"I have nothing further." Conner said.

"Not at this time," Anton answered.

"Very well. Good night Gentleman." Conner says and rises to bid him fellow deputies good night

"Goodnight Deputy Greyson, Deputy Flores."

The three Deputies make there way off into the night.
End Scene