Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Sanctified Meeting

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Anton smiles back, cold and slack.

"You misunderstand me, Sister Scherbotsky. That I speak to you of the condition of our congrefation as Deacon is a courtesy. I intend to appoint myself the Bishop of Sacramento. The Sanctified of this city can not continue without leadership. I've seen more Parishes rise and fall; walked the path of the Centurion longer than most Damned. I've seen Sacramento under two Princes. And so I lay claim to the title of Bishop. Do you contest this?"
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

Katrinas tone and expression don't change. "I do not wish to be Bishop if thats what you mean. However Brother you are a deacon. You can not be Bishop as you have not been Anointed. You have to be Anointed to be Bishop and even if you could be you could still not perform the Apostolica. I am sorry but the law is clear on that."

She paused. "I wish we could bend the rules on this one, some rules we can. Others like this we can not. I hate to seem so negative on this Brother. I remind you of this for your own good, in gods eyes and in the eyes of the inquisition. If they were to find out..." Katrina shuddered. "No, we will have to find another way."

"I think I'll take my chances, Sister. I've been anointed," Anton answers. "Been an Inquisitor, too, in this part of the world. I've been a lot of things, Sister, most of them Sanctified, over a raw while."

The Haunt steeples his fingers.

"There is no Inquisition for me to fear. Not one with any stake in, or concern for, the Domain of Sacramento. If there were, I doubt we'd be in the position we are in."

"Have you been anointed? Because if you had been you would be a member of the clergy. The roles you listed can be done as a lay member. If you were anointed you would be Father Anton Flores and not Deacon. Even if you performed a Deacon role you would still use your clergy title which takes presidence over lay titles."

Katrina frowns. Was he honestly trying to pull the wool over her eyes. The fool was going to get her into trouble too.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Anton rolls up his sleeve and undoes his cuff, displaying the extent of the ciphered missive missive of wounds and old ink which snakes up his wrist into bloodless carvings marking a florid cross. The Haunt speaks calmly.

"Sister, only as a dutied Legate have I left the limits of a City and still held onto the title I acquired in said Domain. If somebody calling another Domain their home wants come here and question me on how I was anointed, and what I decide to call myself in a given Domain then I'll have a few questions of my own to ask them. Mostly on where it is they've been and what they've done lately for Sacramento."

Katrina Grins. "My apologies, I hope you understand that I had to be sure. I take my faith seriously."

"I can respect that," Anton nods, "and usually I'm loathe to grasp at titles like the vulture, circling the condemned, but I am aware of how a loss of leadership can lead to spiritual decay." He'd heard of Mariel too.

Anton fastens his cuff and rolls his sleeve down.

"I intend to hold a small ceremony soon. A formality. What troubles me more is the lack of services. I intend to hold regular services, to make clear the Path of the Centurion. There is also the matter of maintaining feeding rights within the West Jackson area."

Katrina could have Kissed Anton... could have... but she would never, in her opinion the nosferatu were allways creepy. Anton smelt like something burning, like burnt grass.

"If I am honest with you I have not been to a service in about a year now. Moved from town to town so never had chance, came here to find out that they were as and when. I am glad we will have a regular service. My suggestion would be monthly." She pauses

"I think Heathcliff was paranoid, the old church burnt down. He wanted to keep this one a secret so there were no arson attacks. As for the matter of feeding rights I think that is also the right for our church to be here. I think it was on condition that the Lance patrol Regent Culler's domain. Heathcliff took most the patrols himself. I think we were going to come up with a system but... clearly something was more important."

"Monthly services seem adequate for the place the Sanctified are at as a covenant. Mass will be held. It will be held openly to the Damned, so that those those seeking Purpose can find it on the Centurion's path."

Anton moves onto the matter of feeding grounds.

"I mean to continue Staley's arrangement with Culler, using West Jackson as a site for us to perform works and punish poachers. Patrols shall be divided between you and I and Brother Grigoriev, should he decide he belongs in this Domain. We will review the arrangement as our number changes."

"That is a good thing Brother. The way staley worded it was that it was an agreement between Regent Culler and the Church. But it could have been a more personal interest."

With that settled Katrina waited for the next order of business.
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread