Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Haunt Meeting

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

NOS
    PRE

"Mmkay," Brenn said patiently, "I would like to re-explain in more detail if I may. What my current thoughts on what we would need in a Whip is, primarily, experience on this world, in this existence. In some measure a Whip is the disciplinarian of the Clan and thus they must be disciplined themselves. Since the Prince allows no breakers of the third tradition to live in his domain, Sidor has obviously gained strength for his Beast through the passage of years and obviously survived that long by disciplining himself and being just plain strong enough too. Secondly, I look for someone who know the politics of our kind and, more specifically, this domain. Sidor has resided here longer than myself, Mr. Scott, or Mick and thus has an infinitely better grasp of the flow domain compared to us three. Oh, and he also has a voucher who can, assuming based of whats been said, vouch for his person based off of experience. My two requirements have been met by Sidor and consequently I cast my vote with him. Now I would love to place myself in the queue but it would be a poor move to do so as I, unfortunately, do not meet my own requirements for the position."

Anton turned to Scott, addressing him coldly.

"It's true. I vouched for him. Did you hear me? I went on to offer my reasoning, but I don't recall mentioning the length of his acknowledgement."

The Haunt was curt. Who likes being ignored?

"Would you like the position instead?"
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

N
    NoMoshing

"Easy, cowboy," replied to Anton, has hand up in a placating gesture. "I don't mind admitting that I'd be the worst choice for the job since they made Kindergarden Cop the damn governor. I'm just more concerned about whether Mr. Sidor has the skills to do the job than putting someone in a job they can't do just to show how play-nice we all are."

K
    Kazakin

Sidor didn't jump in to accept or decline at first, simply watching the reactions. Nothing from Dirge, but then she was probably assessing the situation as well. He drew a finger down his jawline, however, when Scott broke in. He apparently didn't like the idea of a Crone and Lance show of unity. In truth, the Russian Haunt wasn't entirely certain it was something he liked either, but pragmatically, it had to be done. Their clan needed to be taken seriously. The shadows gathered on his brow.

"Perhaps you feel, based on two consecutive minutes of meeting me that I am incapable, Scott." The over-familiarity of first name terms felt like ash on his tongue, but he forced himself to crush the discomfort. "In my Reqiuem, I have served the Sanctified and my Clan. I will serve again without pause. What more would you ask of me? Discipline? I know discipline. I know strength. I believe in the solidarity of the Nosferatu clan- I believe that we are more than disfigured, weak little dog-soldiers to be used and pitied by those who were fortunate enough to embraced whole and unmarred by the Beast. Our disfigurement makes us stronger, not weaker, because we alone wear what we are on our bodies, on our faces."

He paused, looking over at them as the shadows shifted across his skin, making him look hawkish and predatory with the faint impression of feathers.

"If anyone here doubts my devotion or my skill, let it be said and I will prove him wrong."

B
    Burned

Mick waited, closing his eyes and thinking, though unsure of the relations between the Crone and the Lance, he supposed that he could accept Sidor as Whip, and it seemed the matter was settled, but Scott seemed to be pushed a little too much here. He groaned and then opened his mouth again, sounding a bit frustrated but keeping his voice managable.

"I'm sorry to say this Scott, but I'm trying to decide whether you're simply being overtly cautious or simply being an ass. I hope it's not the latter. Anton has vouched for Sidor, neither you, Brenn or I are really suited for this position yet, and I believe it is not unreasonable to place some faith in Sidor for now. If by chance it turns out we are wrong, we can revisit this another time. But right now, let's declare Dirge the Priscus and Sidor the Whip and MOVE ON."

N
    NoMoshing

Scott glanced from face to face in the room, and somewhere it in the back of his head, the voice of his father seemed to speak. Better get with the party line quick, kiddo. So he nodded to Sidor. Once he spoke for himself, he seemed to have the right idea. And the others were right, it's not like there was anyone else.

"Yeah, okay, you're right," he allowed, trying to sound amicable, "Nothing personal, guess I was just waiting to hear some kinda title or fancy form of address."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"Thank you all. I accept the position," Dirge began after long moments of silence. She wasn't sure exactly where those of her clan felt that they could declare her whip for her, but she let the conversation run its course curious where it might lead.

"I appreciate all the kind suggestions regarding who I might pick for the position of clan whip. Fortunately Anton, all of you, and I share a similar view. I think it would be beneficial to for us to show that differences can be set aside to work together in a civil fashion. The Lance et Sanctum and the Circle of the Crone have tolerated one another as long as I have been in this city and there is room for both as far as I'm concerned, for it would be a shame for it to change now. So if I understand Mr Grigoriev correctly it appears that he would be inclined to take the position of whip. If that is the case I would be happy to welcome his service to the clan."

After waiting to see if there would be any objections from the man himself or anyone she continued.

"If that is settled moving on I think the discussions on the table at the moment are a Necropolis and resolving this homeless threat once and for all. Our clan's honor has been tied to this homeless issue for some time beginning with the former reeve's refusal to see the threat for what it was. Now the easiest solution that would get results would be to target the leadership and the public speakers attempting to recruit more homeless for this private army against our kind. This should be our primary focus and if we can make noticeable progress in dismantling their operation we will have significant credit with the Prince and his court. I think enough to get him to ignore or even ok our clan's goals."

"There are a few people we will need to target. to disrupt the homeless and make the remaining foot soldiers easy to be rounded up and dispersed by us or the proper authorities. The Rev'rend must be eliminated. Several of his prophets must be removed as well. One of them is a middle aged black man, who is blind, and travels with a large mean dog. He goes around spreading news of our kind among the homeless and a man that he saved from a sloppy feeding attempt from kindred. The man sharing his story among the homeless is Jimbo. He is being aided by a woman who claims to be an emergency room worker that treated him for blood loss but states he did not suffer from internal bleeding or any visible wounds. There are several homeless shelters that I can point out that are common meeting grounds. If someone could verify the targets physical appearance, perhaps with a photo, everyone would be able to look for these individuals or have them followed. The emergency room worker will need to be discussed directly with the prince for permission to take action against her it might warrant an investigation to see how much the emergency room personnel know as well.

Lastly I have a means to contact the Rev'rend directly to set up a meeting with him. If I can set it up in an area and have everyone laying in wait, we could ambush him before they knew what happened. It is far too dangerous to try and attack the squattaville camp directly, the homeless have had too much time to build up traps, defenses, and they will be difficult to root out. That said when the time comes and the leadership is killed and in disarray we can bulldoze the place to smash through their defenses and scatter them. A pickup truck with a snow scoop on the front, a large truck or two, maybe rent some construction equipment if needed. If we can use all that fire in the camp against them perhaps we can burn down their little settlement. Have ghouls deal with the fire, and the rest of us in positions around the exterior to mop them up as they flee the flames I think would be our best bet. However, an attack against squattaville will need more than us i'm afraid so we need to focus on something we can do and that is taking out the leadership. If we are met with success there, it may get us pull to get more resources or people for a large scale plan."

Dirge went on to describe in great detail the Rev'rend and the main people she encountered that were key pieces in the homeless scheme.

"Anton I know you said that you had some information relevant to this discussion. If you would be so kind as to share it with us. Also are there any questions or news that any of you know regarding this?"

Anton leaned back in his seat, weighing up the proposal.

"A few months ago I went down to their squat and shadowed the place with some binoculars. Their shanty-town isn't perhaps as well-populated as it might appear. In the centre? Scarecrows in empty tents. Could be they're a soft target.
    Amelita Cardoso|Striking Looks •• (Curvez)|Presence ••• (Miss Thang)|
    |BP •|Vitae 5/10|Slave of the Ordo Dracul|

NOS
    PRE

"That's interesting," Brenn piped up. "I wouldn't really expect that from them but then again I wouldn't really expect such a militant faction to pop up. I don't know anything about the Shantytown but during Court I managed to strike up a conversation with the Gangrel Priscus. Seems that she, with some others, is going to scout some way into their establishment and maybe try to take the head off the cobra. I pledged my help, not to her, but to helping solve the problem. If we manage to accomplish anything successful I'll write up a report and give it to Priscus Dirge...and the Deputy, of course.

N
    NoMoshing

"There's an idea," said Scott, gesturing at Brenn while looking at Dirge. "If we could join up with the Gangrels, would it, uh, help us regain our honour anyway? Plus, we'd look like we were working with the Gangrels to everyone else- even if there's no, uh, permanent partnership, it'll give anyone who wants to fuck with us something to consider." He then grinned. "I'm fine helping people disappear- that's no problem for me. But if we send a big gang and just totally annihilate these guys, well, that sends a certain kind of message, don't it?"

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread