Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
A Decent Drink

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Modern communications being what they are, Rust is only mildly surprised when he notices the time stamp on the text. It is dated from long ago. In fact, he might even realize that it must have been sent while he was in the Hedge for the Ash Run. Whatever it is, it's old news. Swilla sidles up next to Xerxia and orders their drinks.

"I need a vodka martini so dirty it'd make your mama wash your mouth out with soap... and a Guinness for the lady."

The big man smiles at the young woman with them and nods to the other Lost present.

"S'up?"

PRE

Rust frowns, but his mantle breaks cold again as he rereads the text, and then the time-stamp.
    Fucking Hedge, and fucking machines. His nature being what it is, Rust can't help but blush at his own reaction and the apparent truth.

He takes Martha's slip and then Juno's card. "False alarm." he replies to Juno's wariness and Xerxia's inquiry. "It was the alarm company, but it was handled already."He nods to Xerxia and Swilla as they approach. And gives a short wave to Juno as she departs.

It felt much better to have one of his own around.
    "Martha, Where do you hold these lessons? If you said before I didn't hear."

Juno nodded, then, "That's good. I have to go take care of something at the studio before I can go home, so...good night everyone."

And with that the Manticoress gave a small wave of her own and slipped out of the bar.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was on her way to leave when the new comers arrived and the question came at her. She smiled, nodded respectfully to the new arrivals...briefly checked out Xerxia's shoes and nodded a farewell to Juno...adding a wave to Juno as she hastily replied to Rust, all respectful and meek; "Oh...private tuition, sir...at the students home...or my own if there is a need and they lack a keyboard or piano, sir." a shy smile, wide eyed.

Martha Villiers

PRE

After making happy and enthusiastic small talk for a while, and trying to encourage people to take up her offer of music tuition at very reasonable rates, Martha smiles...settles any outstanding debt she owes with the bar keeper and makes a very polite and careful exit: wishing the bar patrons and staff a sincere good evening.

[exits scene]

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia bids the short girl farewell, then grabs the Guinness Swilla had ordered for her before turning to Rust Mane again. She speaks in a low voice to try not to upset the croc-like man any more than he already is, "We grabbed pictures of some of the Freehold's Fetches from Fairweather's establishment. When we were leaving, we found out that the Empty O. was being renamed..."

PRE

Rust watches the strange woman leave a sigh. And then work came. Rust tunred to Xerxia and almost told her to beat it and to take her responcibilties with her.

BUt the two empty glasses on the counter just might have influenced such a choice. So Rust holds back the bile.
    And is glad he did once the full tilt of Their discovery is understood.

"Wait, Whaait."
    Rust swings an arm out like an umpire calling 'safe'.

"I thought you two where..." Rust catches himself mid sentance, then looks around at all the other crunkards int he bar. Suposed drunkards.

"Outside. Come on."
    Rust leaves the change from earlier on the bartop as a tip. then hops off his stole to stomp outside. Tail dragging the ground behind him.

Rust leads the way further around the side of the building away from any passing traffic. "Um. Fairweather is the dude who bought the Empty O right? I thought you two were going to a book store?"

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia sips a little more from the beer on Swilla's tab before setting it down on the bar and following the King of Summer outside. She adopts a confused look herself at Rust's confusion.

"Well, first, yes, as far as I know, Fairweather is the guy who bought the Empty O. - now named Maxine's," the Fairest draws out the name in a disgusted manner, making a mental note that it's weird that it was being named after the head manager rather than the owner. "Second, didn't you get my text to update you? You asked for updates as often as I could give them, sire.

"And we never went to a bookstore, we went to Xian He's. It's more of a thrift/gypsy store than a bookstore, in my opinion, with the often mentioned bonus for our kind as a place to get crafted Tokens."

PRE

Rust had thought Kian's place was the book store where Terry was attacked. "I'm so behind." He pull sout his cell and checks down. "Yeah. I got it. I missed it though...." Rust almost looks sorry. "Alright. So Fair-guy is taking pictures of the fetches. Why?"

Rust tries to think up a reason. All he can consider is leverage against the Freehold. "He already has leverage, he can dangle that shitty bar like a carrot. What's he need dopes for? His own army?" Rust grunts a sigh. "I'm so uninformed X-attack." And drunk. How many beers did he have while chatting with the weird lady?

Swilla remains seated at the bar as Xerxia follows her drunken lout of a King outside. The Winter Courtier was impressed with the young Fairest, despite his original bias. Get her away from the poor influence of her current Sovereign and he thinks there might actually be some real hope for her. Swilla can see that King Mane lacks Discipline, and all Xerxia can ever learn from him is mediocrity. The reptilian man takes another sip from his dirty martini as he considers what he will say to his Queen about the Sun's Tongue.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread