Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
A Decent Drink

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

PRE

Rust's ears go flat with each sir. But what is done is done. "Is there alot of money in that?"

Juno's tail curled slightly as she listened to the girl.

Very interesting indeed....why, she's very passionate about what she does. If we were in any other place besides this one, I would be quite tempted to.....it isn't very often one stumbles across a person who seems to be wholly satisfied with what she is getting out of life. I can almost taste the Glamour from her enthusiasm.

"If I may, what style music do you focus upon? Contemporary or classical?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listens to the questions directed at her with interest and replies with enthusiasm, to Rust first, as he seems to be some kind of local Boss; "Ah, it is not lucrative at all, sir...but...it provides just enough to keep a very modest roof over my head! I supplement that income, when I can, by playing occasionally in hotel bars and such like..." she giggles, "I was always fond of Chopin, but...I confess to a growing admiration for the works of more modern artists: the work of Nyman is interesting. It should sound the blandest thing in the world, yet is does not...John Barry wrote some interesting instrumentals...I enjoy jazz and Blues too!" another increasingly happy smile. "If I may ask, please: do any of you gentlemen play and instrument or sing too?" she looks to each Man in turn, sincere in her interest and clearly eager to know the answer. Martha risks a sip at her beer, blinking and flinching slightly as the unfamiliar bitter taste is encountered.

Smudge

PRE

As the conversation turns to the finer points of art, and music especially, Smudge finds that he is suddenly extremely uncomfortable and heads out without a passing comment, taking his toxic atmosphere with him.

Smudge exits scene

Juno studied her glass for a moment, then, "No, I never learned how to play an instrument because my parents couldn't afford private lessons and the school systems classes weren't really geared for beginners. So I've come to appreciate what the talents of others bring to the world in terms of music, and enjoy it on that level."

Her eyes followed the unfamiliar Lost as he left the bar, wondering who he was and why he left so quickly. The Manticoress considered that perhaps he had reached his social saturation point for the evening or just had other things to do.

"Still, I wouldn't mind trying one day, but I think maybe it's something you have to learn when you're younger."

PRE

Rust's pocket goes sounds and he responds without hesitating. He almost replaces the phone in his pocket, but the last line stops his heart(what ever was left or it) cold.

And then the bar seems to grow ten degrees hotter for poor Juno. Thunder arcs an electric blue ring around his head and shoulders. When Rust stands, his face is almost void of expression. "I don't play much, but I'm told I can sing. I always wondered how well, do you have a card or number. I'm going to have to jet. Something came up and I'm late in knowing about it."
    Suspicious eyes fall on Juno, and then on Martha, Rust says nothing more as he waits for any reply.

Where did puff-daddy go?
    Rust could almost feel the target on the back of his neck. His tail twisted from the agony of holding calm while it seemed the floor was beginning to fall out from under his feet.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods meekly, toys with one of her bunches a second; places down her beer and...using a cheap ballpoint pen from her satchel, notes her cell phone number on a scrap of paper for Rust and Juno...offers it to them with a small and respectful curtsey.

"I hope all goes well, sir!" Martha offers to Rust with wide eyed and obvious sincerity.

Her plans thwarted, she nods respectfully to Juno too. Eyes wide and back to Rust...almost as if awaiting command or dismissal from his presence.

Juno had been momentarily distracted - she was trying to get the bartender's attention so she could settle her bill - when it suddenly felt as though the heat in the room had shot up. Looking around, then over at Rust, her eyes grew slightly wider at the visible signs of Wrath which were dancing around the other Lost's upper body. The expression on her face was indescribable - for a moment it looked as though she wanted to ask, what did I do, but thought better of it.

She took the scrap of paper and studied it for a moment, then, "I don't have a personal phone number right now. I do, however, make use of the one for the studio." With that she produced a couple of cards from a pants pocket and handed one to the student and the other to Rust.

Her brow furrowed slightly as she looked at Rust, then, "Take care and be safe; this isn't the best neighborhood in the world." It was a neutral enough civility, but at the same time she found herself wondering if she was going to get 'invited' to accompany the Summer Sovereign.

Inwardly the Manticoress was very, very concerned as to what had set off Rust in that fashion....and she was just this side of paranoid enough to try to convince herself it wasn't anything she had done.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Tiny Martha settles Juno's bill with a happy smile...and accepts the offered info from Juno - nodding obediently to Rust and Juno.

Sensing things are fast moving out of any sort of sense, Martha bobs a curtsey; "Ah, it was a delight to meet you all! Truly! I should very much hope to meet you all again...I should be on my way, however." seemingly sincere, Martha gathers her belongings and, adding another curtsey, and she backs away from Rust, smiles meekly...and hobbles out into the night.

Wide eyed and, once out of the door, eager to get away from a very confusing encounter and find somewhere private to vomit up the rather bitter and fizzy beer.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia hops out of Big Swilla's car and leads the way for her sullen partner in crime into Harry's bar. Immediately, she feels a bit more at home. Rust getting charged up about something and the generally larger Lost customer base, all far more welcoming than the more uppity feel of the Empty... Maxine's.

Noting that there was someone without a Mien or Mantle, and having not ever met the little woman before, Xerxia approaches her electrically-charged king, making a small nod that he would recognize as a bow if not for the apparent Muggle. "Hey there... What has you all fired up?"

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread