Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
A Decent Drink

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Smudge

PRE

The tension drained away as Smudge was certain he heard the schoolgirl offer to buy them all a drink....and then she was being hit up on her age. However, when the new coins dropped on the bar, Smudge nodded, gathering his own and returning them to the void of his grubby coat pocket.

"Thanks, they call me Smudge, sure as sure."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nodded to the bartender, slightly surprised at the challenge...but is unhesitating and very compliant and...with a timid smile, she rummages into her side satchel. A moment or two later, the bartender is presented with a smile and a suitable form of ID: verifying her age to be at least 21.

"There you go, sir...I am sorry if I caused any distress..."

The bartender took a long, hard look at the ID. He'd been caught out before but for all he knew, this girl was over 21.

Which meant she wasn't jailbait and was old enough to make her own mistakes.

"Obliged, miss, you know what rules are like," he offered with a smile that could be easily mistaken for a grimace. "What can I get you?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was getting into her stride now, having reassured the barkeeper, she smiled again. Nodding in agreement with the mention of rules...she looked to the Men near her...then to the barman; "Thank you! Please, sir..." she began with cheerful confidence now, "please may I, for myself, have a Coke Cola...not that dreadful diet related beverage, thank you, the other sort...and whatever these good gentlemen will be having!"

A happy smile, she tucks her ID back into the inside pocket of her school blazer. Watches the trio near her. Clutches cane tight.

PRE

Rust can't help but stare. Was she daft? A glance over his shoulder to rest of the bar proved most of those enjoying their lack of sobriety had a lot in mind when it came to the odd woman drinking soda in Harry's of all places.

Even the biker joints along the highways were more sober.

Rust almost wished he himself was tipsy, maybe some of this would make sense. But his sense of protecting the woman meant he ought to keep his head and at least see the woman isn't accosted while she was here.

Even if she wasn't one of the fae. For if she was, she wouldn't be ignoring Rust's presence.

"You guys stock Coke?" Rust asks with amusement. I mean lord, it's Harry's.

Juno glanced over at the other two Lost, then back at the Gibson Girl. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a drink, nurse it a bit....I feel a bit sorry for her; one does not order Coke without the addition of rum in a bar, right?....and not give Felis Rex an opening for a confrontation or the satisfaction of thinking he had run her off.

Oh no, it's not going to happen that way.

Catching the bartender's attention, she readied her own id, then, "I would like to have a Vodka on Rocks, please."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha looks to Rust, all wide eyes...then the barman, blinking; "Ohh...a Coka Cola may be...off? Perhaps I shall try one of those beers then, please..." she says, merrily pointing a slender finger to a brand of beer with the neatest looking typeface upon the identity label. A shy smile to Rust and Smudge, clearly hoping she has made a good choice...a happy and careful nod followed to Juno.

Smudge

PRE

As Martha changed her order, Smudge looked over to her.

"Its okay, darling, if you want Coke, you drink Coke, sure as sure. Don't become a sad alcoholic like most of these bums." A sound emanted from the Ogre then, a mix of a wheeze and a laugh, which threatened to fall headfirst into a wracking cough. To Juno and Rust's eyes, toxic smog billowed from between his mouth. "No-one likes peer pressure, sure as sure."

PRE

Rust takes the smile with an honest grin. He hoped he looked reasuring.

So far he only seemed to be upsetting. Rust tires to close his nose off to Smudge's toxicity. He keeps his trap shut except to order a beer.

Juno frowned slightly as she studied her glass and the worn surface of the bar in front of her. Wanting a Coke.....damn, but she was off her Spring game. Of course the girl wanted a Coke, she desired to have a soda, and the Manticoress had missed that cue. She should have been the one to encourage the girl, not the other guy....usually she was far more astute in terms of determining the wants of others.

Maybe it was the stuff she had been putting into her system that had dulled her down like that or she had been distracted by keeping a weather eye on Rust. That was something to think about - later. Right now she wanted to finish her drink.

"If I may ask, do you attend the local college? You make me think of an art student."

Smiling slightly at the girl, she decided that the best sort of damage control on a personal level would be to proceed as though everything was normal and she wasn't worried that the ceiling would fall down on her at any moment.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread