Conner walked into the court underground a full fledged member of the Invictus. He was proud of that. He was also dressed nicely, again a suit. this time a black suit with a gray shirt and a indigo pocket square. In Conner's hand he had a long box with a gift for his meeting today. Conner walked quietly, silently over toward one of the Private rooms. Once inside he set the box on the table and sat in the center of the rectangular table. Leaving the head and foot of the Table open. Conner sat quietly and looked deep in thought.

Martha, dressed in her usual long and neat school uniform with straw hat, valise satchel at her side, cane and a careful smile made her way to Conner...interested to see what was in the box, though perhaps not for obvious reasons. Martha had noted the private meeting room getting use recently and was interested to see what was going on. Fiddling a moment with one of the ash blond bunches her hair is neatly tied in, she knocked on the door to the meeting room...dipped a curtsy; "Hound Greyson, sir...can I help you?" she asked, all polite, cane in hand.

Conner stood and looked to Martha, "Keeper Villiers, thank you for meeting with me." Conner said as he walked around and pulled out a chair for the Keeper to sit.

Nodding, Martha limped in, trying hard to conceal her limp, but...failing as usual. Frowning she accepted the offered seat, her free hand guides her stiff leg out of sight under the table...pouting slightly, she took time to adjust her clothes to neaten up as she sat. "Thank you, Hound Greyson." she offered politely enough as she sat. Once settled, she studied Conner...trying to judge his mood and aims.

Conner walks back around the table and takes his seat. His body language shows nothing different then normal, stiff but calm. His voice shows a quiet confidence that is not abnormal for the male Mekhet. "Keeper, if you will forgive me I would like to come straight to the point?" Conner said not wanting to waste the other Shadow's time.

A glum smile and a nod, though she seemed to appreciate the forthright approach; "Thank you, sir...that would be much appreciated!" she smiled again, this time with some genuine glee.

"I would ask your opinion on the Happenings at court, and the disappearance of Mr. Von Schusten."
Conner asked resting a hand on the box. Conner could not help but wonder how diplomatic she would be for a man who showed such cowardice.

"My opinion?" she seemed puzzled, blinks and fiddles with one of the bunches. "You wish to investigate my thoughts on the former Priscus' absence since that evening? The duels? The possible motives for his absence? Anything, perhaps, more specific, sir?" she seemed slightly perplexed.

"I will not mince words, I respect you to much to do so."
Conner stated honestly, "I would inquire as to your opinion on the coming meeting and the vacant Priscus position." Conner leaned forward a bit, again drumming his fingers on the gift box. "More then the former Priscus himself."

Martha grow visibly impatient."I have no opinion in the least about the forthcoming meeting, sir." her hands fold in her lap, she frowns slightly.

"I seem to have upset you Keeper." Conner says, "I apologize for that." Conner said again with the same sincerity in his voice

"Yes...yes, you have, sir...and I accept the apology." she adds, frowning less, but still stiff in her posture...and still impatient. She was certainly growing to find this a test of patience. "You ask one question when you mean to ask another, without qualifying your investigation...what am I to think or how to reply to your satisfaction, sir? It is you who wish to meet with me; yet give me no opportunity to answer or help with any clarity!" she laughs, amused now by this vexing position of it all.

Conner thinks for several moments before looking to the Keeper and meeting her eyes, "Very well," Conner paused "If you think I am not being forward enough, I will be blunt, I just did not want to risk being impolite." Conner says, "Are you, Keeper Villiers, planning to pursue the Priscus position?"

Martha has to try hard to fight laughing loudly, inside, she bites at her lip to contain the giggles and fiddles with her stiff knee. It is a few moments before she gathers herself. "Goodness! Goodness me! What a notion! I shall reply in similarly fashion, sir: no. Though perhaps I should now...you have provided me with an interest in the role I previous did not have until you mentioned it."

"Well, it seems this meeting has taken an interesting turn. I had hoped to ask for your support in my own bid for the Position of Priscus"
Conner said resting his elbows on the table and interlocking his fingers in front of his mouth. Wondering if he had just made a large mistake.

Martha leans back in her seat to study Conner as he seems to study her. "I see." she offers, happily.

Conner rests his hands down before saying, "You are a fair and respectful woman. So I will treat you as such. How may I earn your vote in my bid for the Priscus position." Conner asked.

Martha smiles happily, sitting on her hands now, to limit fidgeting. "It is hard to say, sir. What do you have to offer?"

"Keeper Villiers, I am not a man to sit and pat myself on my back." Conner said not knowing exactly what the woman wanted to know. "What I will say is this. I will do what is best for the Family. And I will remain loyal to those who also do what is best for the family." Conner said. "I will educate, and I will punish when necessary. I will also be slow and fair when my Judgment will be necessary."

Martha listened attentively, nodding merrily and smiling happily. "I see. I am gratified to see you have the best interests of the family at heart! Though what you have just said, sir, simply described and represents the role of Priscus. You asked me, essentially, what my price would be for not contesting the role of Priscus with you. Quite reasonably, I felt, I asked what you had to offer...and you provide me with an outline of the role and your intent to fulfill it. I find myself bewildered, sir!" rubs at her leg under the table.

"Apologies Keeper Villiers, I misunderstood your question." Conner says admitting his mistake. "I am a man of meager funds, but I have ample skills. Perhaps I could offer my services as a trainer in a martial field, or some other skill which I possess. I would offer something like speaking to my Regent about possible tenancy rites. But that sounds too much like a bribe. And I do not wish to disrespect you Keeper."

Martha looks bitterly disappointed, shakes her head and rubs hard at her stiff knee. "Oh...Hound Greyson...how soon you forget. You have already disrespected me...and opened yourself up to accusations of grave folly. Sir, I had hoped you and I were friends...yet you come to me as some...some petty mortal politician: begging a vote. When you and I spoke at length, you offered me all of those...the training...which I should be glad to accept...you seem most skilled. You offered to help negotiate Tenancy and Feeding Rights with Regent Brady...you even offered to share Feeding and a Haven. How could..." she actually seems very upset now and rubs hard at her leg, "How...how could you forget these...and come to me now...to say these things? I was to offer to help clean your Haven, sir, too..." her voice trails off. Looking glumly at her stiff ankle.

Conner shifted his face to worried look. Conner looked to the woman, “I apologize Keeper Villiers as you can see I am hardly a politician as I lost my message in words. I am not an orator. I am a man of few words.” Conner said, “This would be easier if you could read my mind.” Conner paused for a moment.

“Allow me to ask you a question, How would you have asked for my help were the rolls reversed?” Conner asked quietly. “If we were really the friends you claim we are would you have expected to pay me for my vote. No you would not have. I would have given you mine freely. If my friend came to me and said, I need your support and your help, I would have given it.”

Martha nods urgently, in full agreement...she stands up and painfully hobbles about...as if to stretch herself out and walk off some ache, her limp very heavy. "Indeed...indeed...all this would have been much easier had you come to me with your plan first...now...now I am upset...you are confused and you have painted yourself into a corner. You are now expected to be an orator. How can you defend the interests of the family when we are reduced to this? Confusion! And, sir...despite what you may think: I am not hostile to you! Imagine how awful this would be if I were!" she laughs slightly, she's seeing some funny side...gripping her cane tight. "No, sir...you misunderstood. I was simply testing to see what you would offer! If you'd spoken to me about all this earlier..." she sighs, shakes her head. "Now we are exposed in Court...our position weakened. Forced to take sides when none need be taken. If I were in your position, sir, I should simply have appealed to me and said, in the vernacular of today:" and here she mimes with her hands and cane a friendly gesture of reassurance, "...don't worry, you'd have said: 'I have your back!'"

"Yes, due to the departure of the Mr. Von Schusten in such a cowardly manner, we were forced into a very irritating and exposed situation. The Shadows were put into the light." Conner said with a shake of his head.

Martha nods glumly. "You admit, sir, to having few political skills: why and how then will you succeed as Priscus? What if you and I were to co-operate? What if we seek to nominate Max...or another...for role of Priscus and you act, if this is agreeable, as Whip? I can see you excelling in that role, sir! Emphasising, as it does, your martial skills...and...let us be honest...quite intimidatory presence on occasion!" she beams with glee at this, as if genuinely happy at the thought, she limps closer to Conner. "And, sir...I should wish to help clean your Haven, still! If you would have me do so!"

"I appreciate your words and what you are saying my friend. I do. And no I am not a politician. Nor do I claim to be. But I am a leader. And I do feel that I would fill the roll of Priscus well." Conner said, "I am Invictus, I am Mekhet. And I do wish to lead our Family. And I do ask for your support. But only if it is given honestly." Conner said and stood, giving a bow to the Keeper with deference and respect and turned to leave. The box is left on the table, a card is on the box with Martha's name on it.

Martha limps over to the box. "You are leaving, sir?" she says sadly, she clearly is surprised at Conner's hasty exit...but investigates the box and it's contents, nodding in gratitude to Conner. "I am shocked at the whole incident, sir...As I said at Court: I had no malice towards either you or the then Priscus. A new Priscus must be found, I suppose...for all the good the previous one did." she was about to say more, she stops...rubs hard at her leg with a frown...looks to the gift, nods again...she does seem to like it, despite the frown. The key word in all the previous chatter was Invictus. She just fell silent, rubbed harder and harder at her leg. Nods in resigned silence...now hating the whole evening. "Sir...I should wish to stand by you when you patrol Citrus Heights next...to help with your vigilant patrol...but I doubt I shall side with any...any...candidate for the..." she hesitates, as if restraining the use of some adjective, "...thankless role of Priscus."

"Thank you Keeper Villiers, you are a true friend." Conner said stopping and turning to the woman, "I do hope you like your gift." Conner gestures to the open box. I will notify you the next time I see to my work.Conner said with a bow of his head.

Tiny Martha bobs a sincere and respectful curtsy. "I wish you well, sir...and thank you."