Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Ariana and Thomas

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana arrived at the Avalon mid-evening. She previously had a meeting with her editor at the Sacramento Bee. Her gray suit with a pleated skirt and matching heels gave her a look of business and evening wear at the same time. As frustrated as Ariana was with Frank Brandt, it did not show on her face with her usual dazzling smile. The prior evening she had received a call from Mr. O’Connor suggesting they meet to talk. She suggested the Avalon, since she was not entirely sure what he wanted to talk about. The last time she spoke to him was the first night she was in Sacramento. Thomas was kind enough to show her around a little before her meeting with Lady Seneschal.

Walking through the Avalon, Ariana found a table in the bar. She sat upright in her usual posture watching other Kindred enjoy themselves. She had arrived only a few moments before the time that she and Mr. O’Connor agreed on. Ariana’s had a view of the entry way, as she took a notebook out of her purse and jotted down some notes from her earlier meeting at the paper.

PRE

Thomas had wondered why Ariana would want to meet at Avalon but after giving the matter a bit of thought he came to the conclusion that well, it was Avalon. The club itself was The Place for both the Kindred and Kine communities of Sacramento and she was a Nightlife reporter from New York. It seemed to fit that she would probably feel more comfortable here, among the music, the fashion and the pretty people at play.

He notices her sitting in a booth, her posture perfect. It causes him a slight smile. A slight genuine smile. The Mekhet makes his way over to where she is sitting and greets her in a pleasant voice. "Madam Donovan." He takes a seat opposite of the Ventrue in the booth. "I would tell you that you look rather lovely tonight but I am sure you have heard that enough times for one night." There is a bit of playfulness in his voice but the slight smile on his face is still genuine.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Upon seeing distinguished Mehket arrive at the booth, Ariana stops righting and places the pen on the notebook. She looks at Thomas with a smile. “Hello Mr. O’Connor. Actually I was at a meeting earlier, so you are the first.” She paused for just a moment. “I hope the booth is alright with you, I thought it may diminish a little of the noise for you.” Ariana’s arms were on the table with her hands gently one on top of the other while Thomas was seated.

PRE

"Well then I am glad that I said it." He notices the pen and notebook as she places one on top of the other and it reminds him why he called her in the first place. He had meant the compliment he had offered but tonight Thomas had wanted to meet with the female Kindred about business. "How is the job treating you?"

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Well it is quite different than my previous job. I understand in a new city, new employer that we all have to start somewhere. However, I would be more satisfied if my editor would not change my articles entirely after I submit them.” Ariana’s voice was not cross, but gave the hint of irritation. She smiled as if to shrug it off. “Things will change eventually.”

Tilting her head inquisitively to the side she spoke. “What did you wish to discuss with me this evening, Mr. O’Connor?”

PRE

Thomas thought of Ariana in a newsroom, in the middle of a frustrating argument with a petty and weak Kine who had no idea of the true abilities of the woman he falsely believed to hold power over. The Mekhet was impressed with the restraint she displayed to put up with such trials and not break this editor. "I was hoping that we could be of assistance to each other. It seems that we both have a similar desire to have friends in the media and I hope that we can arrive at a mutual agreement in order to not step on each others toes." He pauses for a second. "Or maybe even discuss a possible alliance, if you are willing." Part of him wondered if he was being too forward, however Thomas felt that in this case it was best to put his cards on the table. Well more than usual.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Well, Mr. O’Connor, an alliance may be a good idea. Perhaps you could tell me what sort of desires with the media you may have?” Ariana’s eyes were slightly bluer than a few moments ago. She wondered what exactly he may be trying to get at, his statement was very obscure.

Her mind was still trickling thoughts of her editor. Frank was entirely different than Louie back in New York. Lately the thought of snapping the tall lanky man like a twig crossed her mind. This was unusual for Ariana, who never really had a problem with mortals. Perhaps Thomas may have some ideas for her.

PRE

"I like to keep my ears open for things that interest me and there are few people that know more than those in a newsroom. Think of how many interesting bits of information never make the paper, the next edition of a magazine, the ten pm news or even a reputable internet site. Conjecture, off the record quotes, unconfirmed reports,..." He gives the Ventrue a smile and leans forward slightly "... things that seem impossible."

Thomas returns his body to it's original position, his voice as calm and low as ever. "Eventually if you know the right people you might even be able to make sure that certain stories get the coverage they deserve." The Mekhet knew that there were a number of Kindred in the Domain with business interests who could benefit from good media coverage of their investments. Or certain issues that needed to be kept quiet. "I think that if you and I work together we can reach that level."

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana leans in slightly for effect although not changing the volume of her voice. “You realize Mr. O’Connor that currently I do not have any pull at the paper. Granted, I do go in some evenings to work or drop off articles. There are, at times, certain things that float through the newsroom, rumors, speculations and other items of interest. I would need a list of items to keep track of such things.”

Ariana’s eyes met his as she spoke. “Working together may be a good idea, however, how can we help each other?” Thomas seemed to know about quite a few obscure secrets that went on at the paper, she was curious as to how.

PRE

"Well for one thing you are a bright and talented woman with far more ability than anyone in your current office." She was after all a Kindred and a Ventrue and the Shadow knew that eventually she would make that office hers either by force of personality or other means. "I am sure that you have ambition and wish to go places in your career. I will do what I am to do to assist you and you can function as the inside person of our pairing. I work with information and you get to play the puppeteer at the paper."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.