Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
Nightlife of Sacramento

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

"Thank you, Miss Nutkins."

Once they make Diane as comfortable as possible in the back of the van, they pile in and drive toward the Four Seasons. En route, the would-be pickpocket starts to stir as she begins to regain consciousness.

Crouched down in the back, Terri simply watched as Diane slowly awoke, and waited to see her reaction.

Diane awakes and looks around, she sees the redhead and Mr. Bates sitting up front. Diane begins to cry, first the bank told her that all of her hard work had been for nothing when they informed her that her money had been stolen, then when she tries to go out and earn some money the only way she knows how, she gets caught. Diane hadn't even intended to pick the redhead's pocket it had been a mistake, for the first time since her resdue she really wished she hadn't been.

....And that wasn't the reaction Terri was expecting. As the Darkling began to cry, the Beast was confronted by two opposing thoughts;

She deserved it, dirty little thief....

She needs help, all alone in the freehold....

Terri sighed and finally caved in. She fished a tissue or two from her purse and carefully moved closer to Diane. "Here, wipe your eyes. I'm Terri, what's your name?" she asked as the last hint of pride was pushed from her voice.

She looks at Terri with suspicion, before snatching the tissue from her and mumbling, "Diana" and "thank you." She looks at Terri then at Mr. Bates in the driver's seat, and asks, "Where are you taking me, to the cops or to some freehold prison," she asks, the adds, "I didn't mean to steal from you Terri, because I don't steal from other Changelings, that's a rule I made for myself as soon as I returned to this world, however I don't regret from stealing from the guy who was apparently standing next to you. Stealing, thievery and swindles are a family trade and I'm not ashamed of my family."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri said nothing about the snatching, apparently it was just the way of the woman. She even listened to her little speech with a flutter of understanding. Sometimes, it takes the small things to make world seem true and right.

"Diana, I really couldn't care less about what you do to get by, really, I couldn't. And, yes, you gave me back my belongings, which I am thankful for," Terri says before leaning forward and lowering her voice. "What royally ticked me off is that even after a rather easily caught you, you decided to test my patience. 'Catch me if you can, Red', I believe were your exact words." Terri settles back once again as the van continued its route, which even the Beast was unsure about. "I find that disrespectful. You are of the Autumn Court, right?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

"Yes, I am of the Autumn court. Well, I'm sorry, but I wasn't sure if you'd call the cops on me or what, thieves run when we're caught that's what we do, it wasn't personal, its just prudence. Besides I have no other way to make a living, unfortunately I seemed to forget the cardinal rule of pick pocketing, always looks at the face your customer. Truth is I didn't get here in time to swear fealty to the Freehold monarchy and I needed some money until the spring festival."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri nodded and looked to Mr. Bates.

"Can a meeting with King Liebowitz be organised, Mr. Bates?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Mr. Bates nods as he gazes at the Darkling with his usual reserve. Mrs. Rosemary pulls the van around to the back of the hotel and parks it in the loading dock.

"I believe that may be arranged. Ah, here we are... I shall speak with Mr. Liebowitz directly. If you would be so king as to wait for me in the lounge? Or perhaps I could impose further upon Mrs. Rosemary and she would be good enough to fix a little something for our guest."

The Ogress shows a mouthful of powerful, pearly white teeth as she smiles at Diana.

"Of course. Are you hungry, dear?"

Please continue in Cooking tips from an Ogre

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread