Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Into the Dragon's Lair

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia pulls her jacket in closer to her as she approaches the Empty Orchestra from the closest bus stop. From underneath the jacket, a little black dress peeks out before revealing her athletically curved legs. Her new purse dangles over her shoulder, bouncing back and forth as she strolls up to the entrance and opens the door.

Xerxia sees that Swilla is already hunkered down at the bar and talking to the bartender.

"... 's a very different kinda place, but I've got a lot of experience. I mean, you can never tell what's gonna walk in the door next."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

As she makes her way over to the bar, Xerxia looks around to see if any pictures might be hidden in plain sight. Regardless, she sits down next to Swilla and teases, "Heya, big guy. How do you keep arriving well before me, huh?"

The wrong answer here is, 'You're a girl', bub.

Swilla looks her up and down for a second or two before answering.

"Well, fer one thing... I don't always run home and change my outfit. Fer another... I have a car. What're ya having?"

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Damn you and your car, then... "Mhmm... Guinness."

Xerxia surveys the room, pretending to admire the decor while discreetly looking for security cameras and blind spots, as well as getting a feel for the attentiveness of the clientele.

4 suxx discreet, 2 suxx survey

Swilla turns his attention back to the bartender as he gruffly orders a drink for Xerxia.

"Guinness for the lady."

Then the Winter Courtier remembers that they are both here to find information. He had better be on his best behavior.

"... please."

For her part, Xerxia pretends to admire what little effort went into the decor. There are two other people at the far end of the bar, but they pay her no mind, and the bartender is busy pouring her beer. It takes a while to pour Guinness properly, so the Fairest has plenty of time to notice three security cameras. One is pointed at the entrance, a second is perched over the bar(giving it an unobstructed view of the cash register), and the third seems to cover a door marked Employees Only. After filling the glass three-quarters of the way full, the bartender waits for the Guinness to separate into two distinct layers. Once the head of white foam completely settles upon the pitch black liquid, she moves the glass around as she fills the pint the rest of the way. When the Guinness is set down before Xerxia, the elven woman notices that the bartender drew a shamrock into the top of the foam as she poured the beer.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

"Oooo," the daughter of Summer says when she sees the beer art. She then takes a sip and compliments, "Mmmm. Expertly done, barkeep," toasting the glass in her direction.

Xerxia then considers her options as she slowly works on the pint, trying to make it last as well as ensuring she doesn't get inebriated before the task at hand. She asks of her cold drinking companion, "So, do you know if he's here?"

Big Swilla inclines his head toward the bartender as he speaks.

"I was just telling Jessica, here, about how we've been looking for work ever since Club Ember closed. She says that the owner's never around, but that we should talk to the manager, Maxine. I guess she does all the hiring."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Aha! That was one of the options I thought of, too, the Fairest thinks. Though, who wants to bet that the time on the job when we decide to snatch the pictures, Fairweather just happens to show up?

"Awesome, is the manager in?"

Jessica smiles at Xerxia's compliment and nods in answer to her question.

"Yeah... I'll see if she's busy."

Jessica picks up the phone on the back counter and presses a couple of buttons.

"Hey Maxine, sorry to bug ya, but there's a couple people out here that wanna talk to ya. I think they're looking for jobs."

A pause.

"Okay."

Tossing her long, fiery red to one side, Jessica hangs up the phone and leans in toward Xerxia and Swilla, giving them a clear view of her rather impressive display of cleavage.

"She said she'll be right out."

She then walks over to the other side of the bar to check on the two other patrons, leaving Swilla and Xerxia alone for a moment.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread