Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Lines in the Sand

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    L

Chantay, for now, seems content to quietly study the map; brow creased as she silently contemplates the lines drawn.

The other female Eldooth present, however, is a bit more outspoken. "Expanding territory like that won't be easy. Spirits not content to live under the thumb of Uratha are known to linger at the edge of established territories. And to expand you'd have to force them to move. If all the packs expanded at once, it might invite spiritual backlash on top of the problems we already face. Do you think your packs are strong enough to invite more trouble?"

She has the good grace not to look at Matthew as she speaks the last sentence.

J
    Jase

Dusk nodded to Fred as he spoke, when Sally begins Dusk quietens down and approaches to look at the maps she was unrolling. Studying them she saw Vinny and so wanted to chuckle or laugh but decided against such a thing. After all ladies are not to be disrespectful or rude, Dusk remembered the last time she passed gas infront of some elders and remembered her manners. Studying the map again, he did her best to put it to memory and was attentive as the others spoke. Being new amonst those gathered, Dusk did not want any issues so kept quiet and just listened.

S
    Sally Romanov

"Honestly, I don't know, I have endless faith in Firebringer to lead the Seekers through anything we encounter. But again, this is why I brought us together. To find a way for us to resolve this issue together." Sally said looking around the room, hoping others would speak up soon.

Jordan walks over to the map and studies it for a while before looking up at Sally.

"So the shadow seekers teritory is here..." Jordan points on the map.

"What you are suggesting is everyone extends their own teritory to cover the gaps. So in the case of the Shadow Seekers they have down town. Now I live here." Jordan points to a street in the down town area.

"So far I am not living in anyones teritory. Its common ground right?" Jordan pauses. "So is all this area." He points to the other unmarked area on the map.

"If this teritory becomes part of the shadow seekers then would it not affect where other packs can go. Down-town has all the night-life and commerce. I live here and work here." he points to two locations in the down town area. "If I don't get into the pack does that mean I have to move and find a new job? Or is this extension a proxy teritory? Still common ground but the packs patrol that area?"
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Firebringer

PRE

Matthew freezes for an instant, the sudden pause the only hint at the flicker of anger flashing through him at Julia's words. Not strong enough ... A moment later it fades, a flame snuffed out.

A moment later, he turns to Jordan, again battling that feeling that outsiders should be kept at bay. This isn't a power play, nor the time to show up the Justicars. "I think allowing other packs to make use of those areas is reasonable, provided they don't cause trouble for the pack protecting them."

S
    Sally Romanov

"Again Everyone, I cannot stress this enough. This is not us grasping for more power. This is us trying to make sure we, all of us," Sally gestures to the entire group, "can protect what belongs to the People." She makes that same gesture again, meaning again the entire group.

PRE

Matt had remained stoic and silent so far, content to examine the idea and give it proper thought. His first impression of the whole proposal was tinted with anger and he made sure to purge that emotion from his mind to think clearly on the problems he saw with the concept. Taking notes in his head like the Ivy League debater he was ... or had been, the Elodoth draws a deep breath before finally speaking. "Firebringer and Faithkeeper, I have some serious concerns about this idea. Jordan has already touched upon my first issue, the idea of one pack controlling downtown, but I believe that it should be examined in more detail." He points his finger to general downtown area on the map. "The downtown area is the seat of government of the city and the entire state, there is a lot of influence in that small area that each of the Packs of the city could use to help their own territory. It is not just a matter us maybe having a job in that area, or a mate in this territory or that territory, or even wishes to visit one of the clubs or a museum. If there is someone or something in that I can befriend or use to keep my Pack's territory safe, I've got to do that. I believe that everyone else in this room would do the same." He pauses and looks at the faces.

"Now it is a noble gesture to say that it would be okay for others to make use of that area, but that would be a human solution. The pull we feel to protect the area we claim as ours is too strong for that solution to last. This wouldn't be allowing a few People in for a New Years Even celebration and I" He sighs "I don't see how that would benefit all of us." The stops for half a second before continuing on to his next point.

"As for expanding territory in general, I would have to agree with our respected comrade." He didn't know her name but it seemed like she was representing the Justicars. "We currently are dealing with the Magath and their Master in the River, as well as the Anshega on the other side of the River. Claiming new territory will lead to more spiritual conflict, unnecessary conflict. Hell some of those spirits will only speak with a Half-Moon and I believe that two of the packs that would be expanding are currently lacking an Elodoth." And didn't seem to want one he thinks to himself, remembering that long month of waiting for someone, anyone to give him a chance. All of the other new wolves didn't seem to have the same trouble he did and half of their number had already fucked off to Luna knows where.

"Even if these expansions can be done, our numbers are still small and seem to be getting smaller. The gaps are a concern but stretching our already thin numbers is not going to solve that problem. I believe that we should think about joint patrolling of these gaps with each pack working with the ones on their flanks, it might piss off a couple of spirits but it will still be less of an issue for them than one pack actually claiming that territory. Also if something major ever happens we'll at least have some trust and experience in working with each other." His takes a final breath before adding as an aside. "Unless anyone has any ideas about increasing the combat power of the packs. Sorry I didn't mean to take so long, I just think that stuff needed to be said."

Technique

Starflower listens to the arguments and debates from all. He wasnt Alpha, or Beta, or an Elodoth. He was Rahu, and with that, came the mentality. The pureness of defending was it yours, not what someone else says to. "I do not speak for the Ascendant Crescent Brotherhood, but i do have a question. Why should i protect territory drawn by someone else?" He points to a couple of roads that would be inside the newly redrawn territories, but wasnt part of the ACB turf yet. "That is not my road. Why should i protect that road? It is not in my territory."

S
    Sally Romanov

"You all have very good points. And I thank you for bringing them up." Sally says with honesty and sincerity.

She was happy to see that people were bringing ideas to the fold. She did find it odd that, with the exception of Matthew, the Alpha's were not speaking.

"Lets look at that, our limited numbers is a problem. It seems that many new wolves have come and gone. I do not know why that is. Many wolves come, cut there teeth and then move on. It seems, looking around the room that many packs have had that problem. I see many faces gone from our numbers." Sally says looking around the room.
    "All the more reason for us to be discussing security and working together for the common good."

Sally turned to Starflower, "I understand and Empathize with your feelings but if the Pure come across that river they will not stop at the ACB borders."

Sally paused for a moment, "Perhaps we look at Jordan's idea, we do not expand the boarders officially but each pack volunteers to patrol the areas drawn out."

"Unless anyone else has an further ideas?"

L

Chantay leaned forward slightly, elbows resting against the bar as her dark eyes studied the maps in front of her. "I have to agree with Julia's concerns, we already have too much to worry about without inviting more problems. Matt's solution is elegant. We avoid further spiritual conflict, the additional patrols could close the gaps between our territories, and it would foster cooperation between the packs."

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.