Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

The laughter and amusement faded from Asa's eyes as he turned to give the Shadow his attention.

How unusual.

In some ways, Conner Greyson was a mystery, and it had nothing to do with the masks he fancied.

Despite being one of the oldest faces of the city, and a former comrade-in-arms, the Mekhet had never tried to use that to his advantage. Then again, at times Asa felt Conner avoided him in the same way that Brandon Davis and Jayant Nagaraj had.

And we all know what that means.

When people didn't conform to the predictable, it meant their motives were unusual -- which bore consideration.

So Asa considered Conner Greyson.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist wasn't sure what to think of Conner's response, on one hand it was perfect, but on the other...maybe too predictable? too perfect? Twist glanced around at the rest of the Invictus, taking a brief look at what thoughts were flashing across faces. If any.

"Do any wish to further question or have a reason to dismiss his petition to join?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

S
    Sandman

Cassandra puts on her most friendly and endearing smile as she watches the first of the two Mekhet answer Twist's question for their petition. Taking a moment as if to study the man before she speaks again.

"Well Mr Greyson. It seems you came well prepared for the pretty faces, Social Graces, and Propper Decorum of the evening so I have 3 questions for you but they should be a trifling matter for you I think."

She takes a very brief moment to glance at Twist, Asa and Victoria before turning back to Conner and speaking again as she runs her fingers through her hair and straightens it slightly behind her shoulder.

"The first is simply to ask for an Example of the ample skills you bring to the table to offer us in return for everything we can give you?"

"The Second is in your own words I would like to hear how you feel you already resemble some of the traits and qualities of the Illustrious First Estate."

"The third and final question from me I think will be simply to ask what you feel is a weakness that we can help you bolster if and when you are accepted amongst our number?"

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria sat silently giving others a chance to ask questions of the petitioners she had brought with her. The Sceneschal found it interesting how quickly Cassandra expressed interest in Ariana. Smiling she glanced at Cassandra.

"Perhaps I could be persuaded to loan her to you when she isn't busy with any potential studies she might have,"
    Victoria quietly spoke loud enough for Cassandra to hear, but not expecting an answer or loud enough to interrupt the proceedings.

As Cassandra asked her questions of Conner it was not lost on her that she was far more involved in her questioning of the mekhet than Ariana. Wonder if it is cause of him personally or maybe she is one of those that really does hate men and swings only for the girls.

"Perhaps the Lady Cassandra would graciously as a show of good faith reveal one of her own fatal short comings this evening. I've sure we'd find it most interesting,"
    Victoria said warmly yet with an undercurrent of caution. She didn't expect Cassandra to actually answer her question, but felt the message was clear.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa, too, was surprised at Cassandra's vehemence in her questioning of Conner. At Victoria's response, Asa didn't bother to hide a soft laugh.

Risk only what you're willing to lose.

It seemed that Victoria was taking the opportunity which Culler's absence presented seriously, as well as showing her candidates that their patron was also their protector.

As did Asa.

His laughter not only encompassed his amusement, at Cassandra's recklessness, and at Victoria's counter, but also a warning: he was Victoria's patron.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner listens to the words of the Judex, and then of Lady Cassandra Dawes. Dawes was so predictable. Giving him little choice in showing his abilities. As to give her knowledge of him, so she could find ways to take advantage. Very much the same way she did to the Betrayer.

As he prepared to answer the questions the Seneschal spoke. Conner looked between the two women unsure of what path to now take. Conner felt he should answer the questions, as he had no fear of answering them. But he also wondered if he should, more than anything he did not want to disappoint Lady Stamford.

Even more disconcerting was the soft laugh of his Majesty. Conner could not help but wonder what the man was thinking.

“Lady Dawes, I have several skills one of which would be Knife Fighting. I was trained by a former Colonel of the Spetznaz now Elder Nosferatu. Others would include mask maker, investigator, apprentice jeweler, and others.” Conner relayed, “Disciplines though would require demonstration. But that would be against the Laws of the Domain, as we stand in an Elysium.” His calm and quiet tone does not betray his want to rip the thoughts from the mind of Lady Dawes, for no other reason than to see if they exist.

Conner pauses for a moment to think, "In regards to your second question, I possess drive, determination and strive for perfection. All qualities that, to my limited knowledge, the Invictus deem important and respect."

Conner again pauses, taking in the faces of those around him, “As for my weaknesses, they are my own but I do recognize their existence. Please trust that I do continue to work tirelessly to overcome them.”

S
    Sandman

For seeming to be put on the spot and questioned in return by Victoria even her eyes smiled and she actually had a chuckle of her own.

"Why Lady Senachel Stamford. My Greatest Weakness and Greatest Asset are one and the same. I am blessed with the Divine Vitae of that of the Daeva Clan and everything that entails." Every word she takes the time to speak with sweetness and sincerity. Keeping that tone even as she addresses Conner once more.

"Thank you Mister Greyson. Those are more than adequate answers and as simple a matter for you as I imagined. From the sounds of it you and I might find a bit of common ground to work from when you find the time."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist initially watched the exchange silently from her seat, her eyes dark. A small smile quirked at her lips but it was a brief action and most likely lost in the verbal exchanges going on. At Cassandra's words, she did quirk an eyebrow, and the smile was most distinctly not in evidence on her face. She even went so far as to lean forward in her chair, her outfit rustiling.

*Greatest weakness- your bloodline? Che stupiditΰ* Internally Twist sneered at the concept. True, it could be a person's greatest assest. But unless you were a total sciocca, it was never a great weakness. And any Succubi worth anything would know that. Perhaps she should consider calling a Daeva meeting- make sure such foolish nonesense was confined to just her.

Setting her thoughts for such aside though she glanced around, waiting to see if there were any other questions.

Seeing none, she stood, "I step forward as Patron for Mr. Thomas O'Conner." She turned to Thomas, "Tell us why you seek to be one of the First Estate."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

All trace of amusement faded as Cassandra answered Victoria's question. It was a clever, neat evasion... and a mistake. To offer such an opinion in the presence of your Priscus, let alone one who embraced her Blood as clearly and deeply as Twist...

Once, she had lost her positions as Seneschal and Priscus when she'd had to leave the city. It wasn't the loss of being the city's second-in-command which had bothered her the most.

Cassandra was beginning to remind him of Jane Scotts.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner takes his seat when his questioning in done. He sits and looks to his fellow mekhet wondering how he would respond to the questioning of the elders and Cassandra.

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread