Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Crane Games

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia gets off the bus, making sure that the ingredients that she had been carefully preserving were still in her bag before opening the door to Xian He's store.

Swilla better not have beaten me here, or beaten the poor crane up since I last saw him... the Sun's Tongue thinks bitterly of the departing conversation she had with the croc-like man.

Entering the store, Xerxia finds the front room empty, however the crane merchant soon sticks his head out from the back room and smiles at her.

"Ah, there you are. We were beginning to think you would never show up. Please, come back and join us."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

"It's nice to see you, Xian He," Xerxia smiles in reply. Especially that you're well...

"I hope that I preserved these well enough... I just kept on not being able to set aside time after the foraging trip to come by and make the payment,"
    she says concernedly as she follows the crane into the back and pulls out the trifles and Promise Leaf to show him.

Swilla sits at his ease in one of the chairs as Xian He pours Xerxia a small cup of jasmine green tea.

"Took your time."

The crane merchant nods as he inspects the hedge bounty.

"Yes, yes, these will do very nicely."

After rummaging behind one of the many ornate screens that hide the rest of the back room from view, he places a small bag in her hands. It has Xerxia's leaf medallion attached as a clasp.

"Here you are. Satisfaction guaranteed."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

"Thank you, very much," the elven woman says as she accepts the Token. She begins inspecting the purse, feeling around the inside casually, closing the clasp, and trying it on her shoulder. Satisfied, she turns to the Winter Courtier.

"You seem noticeably calmer than when we departed the church..." Xerxia notes, hinting that she was wondering why that was.

"You are most welcome. It has been a pleasure doing business with you."

Swilla doesn't miss a beat after Xerxia speaks to him.

"Birdman had something that belonged to me... something important. He returned my property, so now we're straight."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

"I'm glad things are settled, then," Xerxia says. "So... Where are we going to start looking for these fetches?"

The bell over the front door jingles and Xian He excuses himself to help the unseen customer.

"Excuse me, please."

Xerxia notices that Swilla's wide mouth crinkles into a slight snarl at one end when she mentions the f-word. The huge man leans toward the Sun's Tongue rather conspiratorially and speaks to her in a low voice.

"I promised Katrin that I wouldn't go looking for any more trouble. So, we'll need to be real subtle-like, got it?"

The Winter Courtier glances at the open doorway before continuing.

"Before I went and took my sabbatical, I heard that Fairweather dude... y'know, the one that bought the Empty O... well, I heard he was collecting pictures of fetches. Pictures of our fetches. Well, maybe not yours and mine, but certain members of the 'Hold, if you get my meaning."

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Empty O? Fairweather?

"That doesn't sound too good,"
    Xerxia replies, frowning. "Particularly for ones who like to walk around wearing their Masks..."

"Naw, it's not good at all. You sure you're up to this, Sunshine?"

From the doorway to the front room, they both hear Xian He answering an indistinct female voice.

"No. I told you the same last time. I don't sell any that in my shop... especially not those. Please go and do not bother me again."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread