Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Deja Vu & Role Reversal

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa had a silly grin on his face as he and Ishani entered the reception area of their haven. He had enjoyed their evening out, dancing, enjoying her company. Even with the 'business' of the Invictus, it was more than they had in months. Either Court functions, where one of them were 'working', the Lash party where she had been inundated... he actually had a hard time remembering when the last 'date' they had was.

Could it have really been the Valentine's Day party?

He also remembered the conversation they'd had after Ballo Della Notte, so long ago.

"So," he asked, pausing to kiss her before continuing. "I'm curious. Whatever are you going to do with yourself besides be my 'consort'?" The description still tickled him. "Not that I mind, of course," he added. "You've more than earned a vacation."

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani laughs. "Oh? The weeks in torpor weren't enough of a vacation for you?"

She walks over to the coffee table and drops her keys and purse on it. "I don't know really. It does feel kind of weird to not have an "official" city title. But don't tell anyone I said that. I do not want the Sheriff position back, really. I have some other things I need to work through and figure out before I go running off solving other peoples problems."

She sighs and half falls, half sits on the couch. "But it is so nice not to have to babysit people, I can say that much. Besides, Culler seems more then capable of doing the Sheriff's job."

:ish:
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa smiled at the way she even 'plopped' gracefully. "He is, or, he will. He's growing into it nicely. After our first meeting at Icarus', I had my concerns about his... mannerisms, but it seems that was a needless concern."

Asa walked in and sat down on the coffee table in front of her. Picked up a foot, and started massaging it.

It's all nearly the same.

"You look beautiful," he said, "You should dress like that more often. Very... grandmonde."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani quirks an eyebrow. "That would make a very big dent in your wallet if I dressed like this more often, love. This dress alone was something like $1200. Absolutely rediculous price for a dress in my opinion. Not that I have ever wanted fror money really, but still. And these shoes? $200! Can you believe that kind of insanity? And yet, we pay it, without thought or hesitation."

She sighs in pleasure and relaxation and leans back into the couch. "Besides, why would I have reason to? I used to spend most of my time chasing down idiot kindred who thought they could hide from acknowledgment."

She opens an eye and looks him over. "You don't look so bad yourself you know. Taking dressing lessons lately?" She smiles wickedly.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You're just used to seeing me after I've been running through sewers or burning trees down," Asa sniffed, affecting a crisp upper crust clip to his words.

He grinned, letting her know he wasn't taking himself that seriously. "I do have deep pockets, you know. You could dress like that every day if you wanted."

Asa moved to the other foot, and continued. "Aaaaaaand maybe you do have a reason," he said, easing into the subject. "You know that I've never trusted Dr. Brady, and you've told me yourself that I needed to have a Harpy I trusted."

Asa paused, and looked at her. He wasn't entirely sure if her reaction to trading knives and guns for words and looks would be entirely non-violent.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani had closed her eyes while Asa was talking and now cracked one open, looking at him. She sat up slowly and stared at him for a long time before responding.

"Asa......it isn't that I don't appreciate the offer and I think I could trust myself not to screw you over but.........am I really the best person for the job? I mean, I am not exactly the social suave type, you know?"

She looked sincerely worried that she might fail him.
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I know that you'll be as 'socially suave' as you have to be, or learn to be, a lot sooner than I'll find someone else I trust," he answered with a smile.

Asa leaned forward and kissed her. It was just so irresistable when she worried about him. "I felt the same way about being your Deputy," he said. "And, as I recall, I made a few mistakes. We survived."

He plucked at her dress. "It's a shame you don't like dressing like this; otherwise, I'd have something to bribe you with."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

She laughs at him, pushing him away playfully. "How am I supposed to make a descision like this if you are all over me destracting me?"

She grabs his hand and looks at him. "Ok can we be serious for two minutes please? Are you sure you want me to do this? Because I do not want to mess it up. I mean, the Harpy seat is nothing to scoff at and someone could ruin a lot of repytations if they don't know what they are doing."

She releases his hand and readjusts her dress. Men, can't they ever keep their hands to themselves?
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa acquiesced and sat back, putting on his Serious Face.

"I am being serious, and of course I want you do it. First, I trust you completely. Second, you've done this job for years, whether you knew it or not, whether you held the title or not," Asa said, looking at her. "You've alway been well regarded in this city, Ishani. People have always payed attention to who you liked, or disliked; whether you were simply irritated, truly disliked someone, or even found them untrustworthy. Conversely, people you held in good regard -- so too did others."

"'O-Yama' Hatori, for example," continued Asa. "By all rights the man should be a social pariah. Yet you believed in him, and continued to do so. Despite all of his clowning around, he is the Priscus of the Nosferatu and has been bodyguard to Princes and Seneschals."

"Is that serious enough?" he asked, with a smile in his eyes, but a thoughtful expression.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Why did he always have to throw logic at her? Damn Ventrue.

She considered his words and realized there may be some truth to them. Maybe she just never paid attention. But there certainly was truth to what he said about O'Yama.

Priscus of the Nosferatu?

She smiled at that. It was about time someone saw the value in that man. It genuinely pleased her to know that he had gotten some recognition.

"All right, all right, you win. But does that mean I have to dress up nice all the time? I don't know if I can do that. My feet might fall off." She picks up a heel and tosses it at him. "These things aren't shoes, they're torture devices, you know. Men should really try to wear them sometime, to understand what we women go through to look nice for you."
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread