Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Arrows in the Hall

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

PRE

The gang of Arrows drives first to the Hostel, then to Sacramento's City Hall in Technique's Cadillac, Tug especially enjoying this luxury from his former life. They had had to make a stop at the Hostel for a couple of suits- Tug's would hang loose on the Hierarch, but Rosh or Chief were more Animus' size, and the pair couldn't expect to mimic city officials in their work-out gear. "Let's drive around the block. You guys keep an eye out for any other entrances, a good place to watch over the main one, and especially, street parking. We don't want to be stuck in a garage if things go bad," he tells Animus, Brent, and Tech. "Get any spells in before we leave the car. We don't want to set off anyone's Senses inside or near the entrance, so needs-only casting from that point on. Everybody got it?" He looks to Animus. "You might want to do something about that scar before we even go in, man. It kinda stands out." Tug grins. "Looks wicked awesome, though. Sometime, you're gonna tell me how you got it."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus flashes his friend a weary smile. "A reminder from before I was strong enough to defend myself ... or simply wish away injuries."

It felt weird, contemplating wiping away, even temporarily, a mark that he associated so closely with a bit of his past. And how many times have I tossed aside my human shape?

The Thyrsus turns away from the car window, muttering in the Atlantean tongue. A mournful howl rises to accompany his words, somehow neither echoing or muted -- as if it were passing straight through the vehicle's walls. His form wavers for a moment before shifting subtly, facial structure realigning itself and scar tissue vanishing from his forearm.

The abyss, meanwhile, demands its price, tearing through Animus' frame before subsiding. But the pain phases him little more than the light buzzing sensation brought on by the shear number of spells on his pattern. "How's this?"

Doppleganger

Technique

Technique watches as Animus rearranges his face. What i would do for a greater understanding of Life. Maybe i should hire John Cleese. He looks to Brent, and grew slightly worried. He wasnt running with JT anymore, and he didnt know Brents style. Trial by fire. He whispers quiet words of power, feeling ephermal sand drift out of the sleeves of his shirt. Felix spins the wooden hourglass on his necklace,using it to fuel his plea to Fate, guiding his actions to sure success.

Probable Cause 3 suxx

Rosh

PRE

Rosh parks down the street from city hall, He texts his locatio to tug so they can meet up.

Rosh still wears his normal preparation from earlier in the day.

Brent did not have any spells that he needed to do, in fact most that he knew were useless at this point in time. However he could try to get another pair of eyes to help them out.

"Grandmother, I need your help with something."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

PRE

Tug, whose spent the past months trading faces as though his life depended on it, which it did, is nevertheless impressed with Animus' transformation. It always looks cooler when someone else does it. "Definitely less conspicous," he nods. "Hey, I've got a friend who's gonna be a big help here. We'll be meeting him in a minute," he tells the guys in the back, then looks to Animus and says, "Rosh."

Providence provides for her gallant protectors a prime parking space, close by and in clear view of, yes, that coffee chain that's everywhere, which also conveniently overlooks the main entrance to Sacramento's illustrious City Hall. Tug parks the car, then texts Rosh their location to meet. "Okay, folks, smoke 'em if you got 'em," he grins, and begins to chant, his voice stretching and contracting as the odd syllables mend the Tapestry to their needs- as much good luck as they can attract. Maybe they can catch the guards while they're changing shifts; maybe their marks will decide to go home for the day; or maybe they'll just avoid nervous pigeons on their way in. If there's one thing the Thyrsus has learned about Fate, it's that the old gal really loves a laugh at his expense from time to time. Then, he lets the familiar Pulse fade away, so he can view the Lie through the more potent lens of Prime...he's hasn't quite got the hang of that Arcana yet, but the big guy muddles through.

3 sux on Winds of Chance, 1 sux on Supernal Vision

Finally, he address the space between the driver's seat and the passenger's. "Okay, Biscuit, you know what to do, right? When we go in, you find the thing made with much Pain, then show me where it is. Yes, good boy. Okay, okay!" Tug laughs, then explains to the others, "Sorry, Biscuit doesn't really like to manifest, or I would have introduced you. Alright, let's go."

Tug exits the Cadillac and, reluctantly, hands the keys back over to Technique, and keeps an eye out for Rosh to arrive.

Rosh

PRE

Rosh pulls up into the parking lot, as eh exists his lincoln his eyes are searching for the Arrows. Rosh is dressed in black jeans and black sweater with dark colored sneakers.

All the better to take cover in darkness with my dear.

Rosh assumes the gathering of men nearby is the rest of the group and cautiously starts for them.

It hasd become plenty clear Tug was determined to play up the Pym Identity everytime they showed up to something. Rosh was sure the Consilium's Best Friend is now doing the same.

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

From their vantage point in the coffee shop, the Arrows have a clear view of City Hall's entrance. Officials mill in and out, traffic goes by. This is, for all intents and purposes, a very normal day in a very normal place. For now, the shop's staff don't pay attention to them.

It takes a few minutes, but Brent feels the presence of his grandmother. At first, it's the warming, comforting presence he's gotten used to over the years. Then, to his eyes, to his ears, attuned to the dead, his grandmother appears. "I am here," she says, simply.

Brent, well aware that he was seemingly talking to thin air continued.

"Ok, I need your help with something." Brent smiles at her. "We are distracting several officials while the others sneak inside the building and do what they have got to do. Can you be an extra pair of eyes and help out on this one? Hell even posess one if its safe to do so and keep the others talking."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Technique

Tech took a brief look at the menu in the Starbucks, and snorted in disgust. 12 bucks for a straight brew. Fuck that. He glances to Brent, and a look of confusion crosses his face. "Of course dude, thats why im....oh" he stops, realizing that Brent wasnt talking to him. He wasnt even looking at him, but at nothing. He could tell he was using a spell..but not much past that. "How bout the price of the brew around this place?!" he jokes, trying to cover up his little faux pas.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread