Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Sneakers to the Front, Goons to the Back

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

PRE

Ajax got out of Amos' car and very quietly shut the door. They were still a good distance away from the Shantytown but after what had been happening tonight he wasn't going to take any chances. He moves away from the car and motion's Amos to follow him as he begins to visually scan the area for the Blind Haunt who was to meet them here. He gives the Mekhet who was almost a Gangrel a grin and waits quietly for Dirge to arrive so he could brief her on what information they wanted and leading them nearer to the Shantytown.

Amos drives his van toward the destination designated by Jilian. Just before leaving the van, Amos picks up some old ragged clothes, even more worn out than the ones he usually wears. As he understood it, he was going to walk into beggar territory which also doubled as the Brood powerbase. It would be better if he looked the part in case his obfuscate abilities are not enough.

He follows Ajax and waits for Dirge to arrive. While waiting, Amos observes his surrounding, checking if anyone is spying on them, his paranoia running a little bit higher than usual. Being in proximity to the Brood always did that to him.

'' Ok, I am ready. Hopefully, Dirge will be here soon. I could use some information about the beggars and the surrounding. I really hope this will go well. I don't exactly fancy falling into the brood's arms.

Did Dirge tell you how and when she'll come ? ''

Player of the Month

"Don't do anything dumb while you're out there, just get a look at their traps and defenses and take a peek at their camp. Don't get too far inside it or else I won't be able to get you out if things go bad. Remember the information we need is important but not important enough to blow everything." He looks around, wondering where the Blind Haunt was. "She'll be here." He catches his tongue before he add 'I hope' to the end of that last sentence.

" I don't intend to. In fact, I think I'll look for a safe spot to use these ..."

After saying that, he draws a pair of binoculars from the gauntlet box of his van. Though they look tattered and worn out, they seem fully functionnal.

" ... Hopefully, they'll help me get a look of the place without exposing me too much. Anyways, I have my mekhet abilities to stay hidden and watch the place at the same time. I just wish Dirge would be here to tell me what exactly I am up against.

Any info would be welcome and she seems to be the person who's the most knowledgable about the bums and the brood ..."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

As if on cue dirge could be seen making her way toward the others, with acheron at her side. She wasn't sure just how smart it was to actually come her after being warned by her father. For now they were pretty distant from the camp and the blind haunt hoped that would make a difference.

"Evening," she said when she was close enough. The dog growled menacingly at the other kindred present and dirge calmed it with a tug of the leash and a few words.

PRE

Ajax hears a set of footfalls and smiles at Amos with a grin that says 'don't bet against the blind Haunt' or something like that, facial gestures could be weird like that. He turns his head at Dirge's approach and greets her in a soft voice, "Evening Hierophant, Amos here was just telling me about the extent of your knowledge of our new pals down in the Shantytown."

S
    Steven

A car can be seen approaching from the distance. Its Joseph's. In the front can be seen Jillian and Joseph. Jacob road in the back. When the car comes to a stop Jillian is the first to get out. "Pop the Trunk." Jillian says as she walks around to the back. Once the back door is opened she takes out 3 Fire Extinguishers and a few other bags from Home Depot. "Jacob grab the extinguishers." Jillian instructed. She tossed another bag to Joseph.

Jillian made her way over to the kindred already there. "Hey Ajax, Amos, Heirophant Dirge." She says as a greeting. "So what do we know so far?"

A
    Armidale_Cheiron

Jacob climbs out of the car, then walks around to the boot and grabs the extinguishers when told to. By now he's starting to feel hungry again; mind you, he's been hungry for the last month now, ever since he started his journey from Los Angeles.

Oh well, maybe after busting these motherf***ers I can get something to drink, Jacob thinks to himself. Then he joins the others.

Amos salutes the new arrivals with his usual friendly manner, though, a little more respectfull towards Jilian. It's not that he considered the other less important but more because the gangrel priscus was responsible for gathering everyone here and putting the plan into motion.

" Hi everyone. We arrived here not so long ago. Senorita Dirge was about to brief us about what she knows on the beggards and the brood here which could be usefull for our little operation here.

As for myself, I'll first start by finding a good spot to use these and get a feeling for the coming and going of this place."

He said that while showing a pair of worn out binoculars.

" After that, I'll go deeper into the lion's den and start exploring around, all of that with as much discretion as possible.

The point being to gather as much intelligence as possible without being detected.

And after that ... well ... it will be time to turn up the trash-o-meter and go to throw down city ...."

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge frowned slightly as she listed carefully to those gathered together and those still arriving. With the sheer number of people she heard it sounded more like an assault than a recon and information sharing plan. She wondered just how much she wanted to be seen crossing her father's men and it might damage any future plans of hers.

"Well I've been in their compound before and met with the Rev'rend. I know him so I can describe him those of you who can see, which is everyone but me of course."

"The most difficult thing was they had a lot of fire. There were drum fires and open flames all over. I was lucky to be able to get in the first time without incident, but when I came back I wasn't able to get near the camp cause of all the fire. Fire extinguishers should work on any open flames or torches, and if they are ABC then chemical fires like road flares too I think."

"Masking your presence doesn't work on everyone, because they have some that can detect us, so obfuscate is not a sure thing. There is one woman who has an influence over animals as well so expect to encounter animals in the fight. There is a variety of skill level present so some are quite skilled other not so much."

"There are other hang outs for them, but squattaville is like their main fortress or stronghold against us. So expect heavy resistance and a very real possibility of final death. They have been fighting the brood and honing their skill on them so they know our weaknesses and how to use it to their advantage. Our best bet would be to lure them into ambush to thin their numbers before a full assault here I think."

"One interesting point was they were quite interested in the fact that we were siding against the brood and lizard soldiers. Is there anything in particular that you want to know? I've given all this quite a lot of thought as I have been looking into this problem for over a year now I believe."

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread