*Ciara waits until the two are outside to actually relax, losing the rod-stiff posture she had been holding in the club. She turns to Lenny with a bemused smile, her voice soft as she speaks.* You know, I was going to thank you for the gift; but I didn't know of the girl was a new play toy of yours. Nothing brings out the jealously in a woman like finding out you'd given a gift to another and not her...

"No definitely not mine we'd only just met and she seemed very comfortable I was actually wondering if she was someone's Lick or Doll," Lenny replied. It wasn't often Kine approached Kindred usually the Taint was enough to make them keep their distance. If she'd been there to find her Regnant and couldn't and been fishing around...

Turning, he smiled. "And I was just teasing. A gift given with any expectations isn't a gift at all."

Hrm... *Ciara looks back over her shoulder at the club.* I hope not, she's far too strong willed for a proper servant. If she is, someone is failing spectacularly in his job...

*Turning her attention back to Lenny, the smile returns.* I know, but I didn't want you to think I'm ungrateful. I simply wasn't expecting to get any gifts. I'm still trying to decide what to get you in return...

Agreed," Lenny replied, "But I may be wrong about her. All in all the place seems quite orderly and well run by Ms. Stamford."

The skin around his eyes crinkled as he smiled and raised an eyebrow looking at Ciara's outfit. "Seeing you in that get-up is quite enough. Honestly I never imagined I would see you in there it just didn't strike me as your type of scene."

If anything he had thought she would be stalking the high society of the Lily

Oh, I agree; Stamford does a wonderful job with the place. And it's not like she can control the clientele that comes in. *It grinds slightly on Ciara's nerves to pay the other Ventrue a compliment, but the club was actually quite nice.*

*She laughs softly as he looks her over.* Hmm, I should have had you help me get into it. Or help hose me off when I get home. THAT little experience will be more than enough to change your opinion of the outfit, I assure you. *Like so many things she wore, the tight outfit was hours of annoyance for minutes to looking good. But it was worth it to Ciara.*

*She brushes a few strands of long black hair back behind her ear, a soft blush of embarrassment coming to her cheeks; a side effect of the Blush from Asylum.* It is, but I usually do my Scenes in private. I thought New Years would be a good excuse for a little exhibitionism; but sadly the opportunity never presented itself...

"I probably would have suggested something different maybe something like the new Keeper wears but more risque," he replied laughing softly as he referred to the boarding school outfits Martha wore. He was well acquainted with the type of outfit Ciara wore and if anything she was lucky that she wouldn't have to deal with rashes or any other unpleasantness.

"But it would be less stunning," he added making the concession. Besides she had made the effort and he didn't want her to think it had gone to waste.

"And I can't help but think if you were looking for exhibitionism, you would have tried the suspension. I think something's got you wound up enough that you want to vent or get some sort of release."

Seems to me you have a thing for English School Girls... *She switches from the soft accent she normally speaks with to her best Jane Eyre prime and proper English accent.* Please Head Master Pope, I shan't be contrary again! Please Sir, spare me the paddle! *She giggles softly, giving his arm a soft squeeze to let him know it's all in fun

She can only shake her head "no" once more at the idea of suspension.* I'm not comfortable with the idea of my feet leaving the ground, and I cannot play the Sub. I meant "exhibition" in the form of a Scene in public. When I indulge my tastes for such activities, it's always been in private. I mostly wanted a chance to have a little fun, "let my hair down" as it were. I was cooped up in the Office for so long, having to play conservative I suppose it was pent up energy trying to express itself. But it seems every time I try, I end up embarrassing myself...

*She sighs softly, stopping for a moment and looking up at the night sky. It was amazing, she had spent over a hundred years in this existence; and had forgotten how pretty the stars could be. Even here, in the middle of the light polluted city, she could still make out the brightest pin pricks of light.* You're probably right; I've been running myself ragged trying to secure a new meeting place for our social group. And then Hunting season, and everything else...

But even if that's the problem, I don't have the time right now to figure out what it is. I've got to get everyone together the meeting, see if there are any new members in the city... *Whatever her thoughts before, Ciara's mind turned back to the laundry list of problems she had to clear up.*

"You didn't embarrass yourself, sometimes desires don't mesh," Lenny replied following her eyes as he stopped as well.

"Have you ever been to the top of the Wells Fargo building? There's a whole other sky to be seen from there. Even still, that doesn't compare to what you see in hill country," he continued, speaking softly and almost reverently. "Without city lights and thin air, almost every night you can see shooting stars."

A few moments passed and he lowered his eyes again. He was certainly curious why she was at the Asylum rather than with Twist, but that was none of his business.

"At the risk of sounding... insincere or devious... which I assure you I'm not being," Lenny said softly taking another step to the side so he turned to face Ciara as he raised his other hand, "Don't take this the wrong way."

So saying, he leaned forward and put an arm around her shoulders to see if she'd let him give her a comforting hug.

*Ciara nods in agreement with her fellow Carthian.* It's that way in the English countryside as well. My Sire has an estate far from the cities; I was just thinking the same thing about the skies out there.

Hmm? *Ciara gives Lenny a curious look, trying to figure out what the man was talking about and what he had in mind. The hug, to say the least, comes as a total surprise.

At first she stiffens, both in surprise and a little uncomfortableness. Her pride demanded she smack his arm away; maybe even slap him across the face. She didn't need comforting, she didn't need anyone's help; especially when it came to her own life. She'd made her way on her own; first in life and then in death, without family, without someone beside her. She had stood by herself and was still here; and she would be damned if she let some upstart grope her, she'd...*

*It's at this point in her mental rant Ciara notices she's already hugging Lenny back. Somewhere along the line her heart had betrayed her, thin arms coming up and, with nervous hesitation, wrapped around the other Kindred's waist. She holds onto him gently; looking up to see his reaction while trying to figure out when, exactly, she had let feelings take over from reason.*

Lenny was surprised himself when he felt Ciara's hands move he thought at best she would simply suffer silently through it at worst he would find out if she knew the secret of the Savage's ruinous Claws. He held her close careful to keep his touch light and ready for the tensing of her bakc or shoulders that would signal discomfort or pushing him away.

As he felt her head turn against him he looked down, smiling. Words came to mind to reassure her but he chose to leave the silence unbroken. Instead a hand came up to move errant strands of hair out of the way so that he could give her a soft, light kiss that was chaste enough for siblings but lingered a moment to long for such. He moved back fractionally to let the small woman decide what happened next.

*Ciara doesn't resist the kiss; leaning her head back down and nuzzling her head into Lenny's chest afterwards. She still wasn't sure what she was feeling; but she was sure of one thing: the feel of two strong arms wrapped around her, if not lovingly then at least protectively, was something she hadn't known she needed. But now that she had; Lenny can feel the slight Ventrue relax in his arms, following him as he tries to step back to keep her body against his.

She's silent for several moments, trying to collect her thoughts, trying to clear away the worries and paranoia and just enjoy the feeling of letting herself be even slightly vulnerable. She finally looks back up at the taller Carthian, her face more relaxed that Lenny would have ever seen it before.* Lenny... Thank you. I didn't now I needed this... *She says softly.*

It wasn't often he had trouble thinking of what to say but the whole entirety of the moment seemed like something that might shatter at any moment and Ciara would throw up her armor again and twice as thick for having letting it down.

"It's because you still *care*," he answered just as softly. So many he'd seen succumb to the wantonness of age where little mattered but predatory needs. To journey through the decades alone even by choice well he was surprised she wasn't completely insane if there was still humanity and isolated humanity at that.

He responded to her own movement by letting a hand slide down to her waist gently pressing at the small of her back with his fingertips.

"You don't have to be alone, or worry with me, if you don't want to," he added dipping to kiss her again but this time parting his lips for a more intimate kiss before looking at her again.

*Ciara is silent for for a long while, content to simply rest against Lenny for a while. After a few minutes, she finally steps back, thing fingers brushing back any hair that had become misplaced in the embrace.*

Lenny, I... *She sighs softly looking back up at the sky, then back down at her fellow Carthian.* It's late; and we'd both better get home before morning. Thank you for giving me a little clarity. *She steps back, glancing over her shoulder towards where her car was parked.*

But, sometime soon, I'd like you to be my guest for dinner...

Lenny let his hands loosen and arms open as soon as he felt Ciara move back whether he had gone too far or she was turned off by what he did he still thought it was more polite than just going for a deep kiss. Or maybe she just wanted some time to sort things out and things had moved too fast rather than too far.

Of course, knowing Ciara, maybe she wanted to wear something different.

"Of course," he said answering both of her statements. He grinned adding "Just don't go around telling everyone I let you kiss me and grab my ass." Hopefully the humor would ease any awkwardness and also let her know that he understood her sense of propriety and privacy. What happened in the parking lot stayed in the parking lot.

You have nothing to worry about; no one would believe you got so lucky... *She says with a smile, her usual playful tone coming back quickly. She walks over to the Jag, running a finger along the door handle* You do have a way home, don't you Lenny?

"Absolutely, I'll just follow the stars," he replied with a wink and a smiile.