Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Outside of the Crone Temple

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    I
    Innerlight

Aesop casually walked outside of the Crone Temple. He had slept and hunted in the outlining area waiting for someone to take notice. He wore dirty fatigues, and a faded Michael Jackson tee shirt that looks old enough to have been made in the 80's. He was unshaven and wily, his eyes were blue despite the dark hair, he seemed to hail from a race of people that no longer existed. When he reached a reasonable distance, he sat on the curb giving this yet another try waiting for anyone higher up to acknowledge him.

Narration:

As Aesop watches, a large bird silently flaps down from the night sky and alights on the branches of a dead tree... a great horned owl. It looks directly at Aesop, rolling its head. After a bit, it makes a sound - or perhaps asks a question.

"Who?"

I
    Innerlight

Aesop mimics the bird to perfection. So many kindred had gone and come since he woke he didn't know if he recognized anyone anymore. He looked at the bird speaking to it in it's native tongue, to anyone who may have been watching him he would have seemed a mad man.

((Ooc - He spoke with the Seneschal a while back, who's name I can't recall at the moment. He also met some kindred who wouldn't address him directly, who's name also escapes me. He's been asleep since about like 91, so anyone in the Crone before 91 may know who he is. I'm not going to assume the owl is kindred unless their was an old kindred who turned into an owl))

((ST Note: Roll for Animalism, at +1 bonus for using the owl's tongue. What is Aesop trying to convey?))

I
    Innerlight

Aesop turns his head, his hair begins to transform into feathers slightly as if he can't resist attempting to imitate the owls form. He looks around making sure no one sees him sometimes forgetting the need to do so in the city. He speaks in the perfect infliction of the birds tongue referring to the animal like a fellow predator. He talks a bit about the biggest mouse he's ever seen, and even tells him about changing weather conditions, but he then asks if he or she was waiting for someone in particular.

((Ooc 2 successes, just asking the owl general questions like who goes into the temple, asking if it's friends with anyone inside, and about anything that it cares about really, though if it's about hunting down mice and flying around Aesop would listen to it intently though me as the player don't particularly care))

Narration:

"The temple is dead but its spirit lives on," the owl tells Aesop. "I caught sight of you on another night and told my Mistress, who ordered me to watch for you and lead you to her."

I
    Innerlight

Aesop nods as if he understands, "You should have spoken to me sooner, we could have been friends", says Aesop just as interested in the bird as much as he is with finding other kindred. "Very well", says Aesop rolling his tongue into the infliction of the owl. He looks around, then picks himself off of the curb and walks to the nearest alley. He takes a moment attempting to duplicate the owls form, but realizes he's wasting the owls time by practicing he transforms into a Vulture then prepares to fly wherever the Owl takes him.

Narration:

The owl rolls its head, interested, as Aesop transforms himself, then flaps up into the air and heads off to the north. It flies along the edges of town, skirting the more populated areas, and stays high in the night sky. Before too long, there are many more lights behind the two birds than ahead of them, as they leave the city proper and approach an area of farmland and hills north of Sacramento.

Finally the owl swoops lower, heading for a parcel of land - former farmland that looks to be reverting to more natural form, by the looks of it. Standing on the ground, Aesop's sharp senses reveal a woman dressed in a black, hooded robe and holding a staff of some sort. She also has a serpent - a very large rattlesnake, by the looks of it - looped over the back of her neck and partially around one arm. It's head turns to watch the owl and Aesop's approach, as does that of the woman.

The owl lands, perching itself on a branch nearby, as the woman studies the vulture. "You may roost or land, as you see fit," the woman says.

I
    Innerlight

Aesop looks to the woman who seemed to be friends of the animals. He behaves almost identical to a vulture, he gives no obvious clues that he is not the animal he portrays, not out of a need for deception but out of a need to fully assimilate. He studies the woman deciding if she is kindred and if he should reveal himself to her.

((Ooc - if she's a kindred, I'll reveal myself if not I'll watch a little longer. If I recognize her I won't hesitate to transform in front of her and stand at a respectable distance. If I don't know her and she's kindred I'll transform at a respectable distance. Hopefully she knows him))

Narration:

Aesop does not recognize the woman, nor does he recognize her as kindred. However, after landing and getting a better look at the staff she holds, he does see something he recognizes.

One end of the staff ends in a spearpoint, which is surrounded by a fringe of crow feathers. The other ends in a mummified human hand, with banners of crow's feathers wrapped around the wrist and flowing in he wind. The hand's dead fingers grasp a disc of obsidian engraved and set with garnets and silver to form the symbol of the Circle of the Crone.

The woman studies Aesop for a few moments, then says "I do not know who you are, but I see you for what you are. I asked my owl to bring you here when next he saw you. I am Circe, High Priestess of the Crone, and I wish to speak with you." She speaks with a foreign accent of a sort Aesop has heard before, though he can't currently place it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.