(Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

It seemed insane to Nightfall that there was no 'term limit'. In fact, the wording of the Pledge seemed to encourage the offing of peerage if one wanted to hold the Crown.

From what the Pledgesmith said, it seemed the course of action was absolute if the Crown would not accept another Winter, and he nodded silently to Gianna.

Which really only left one question...

...Didn't this suddenly thrust all of the Sovereigns into a 'sudden death' game of 'kill or be killed'?

Because he'd do anything to protect Alice.

Thinking for a few moments Kaito looks at Patrick. "Getting drunk is not going to fix this. I need to do something, this is my courts mess."

Kaito walks back to the main gathering. She approaches the autumn King.

"Your majesty, I know I am new here. However as much as it pains me to say this. It is a winter problem, and one we need to solve. I hope I am not over-stepping the mark here but could the members of the winter court possibly take half an hour with yourself present to decide what we are going to do. Is there a private room we can use to talk and discuss this as a court?"
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

From behind purple sunglasses vibrant blue eyes took things in with a feline detachment born of painful experience. Juno wasn't inclined, ever again, to speak up. In fact she was seriously considering just letting the other kids have at it while she retired back to her studio and allowed the world to go to chaos around her. Watching Rust stomp around as though he had a stick up his butt only confirmed one thing for her (besides the fact that he was a mere pretender to the Feline species and she wouldn't regard him as an equal anyway):

If this is supposed to be for the safety of the Freehold, then why don't I feel all that secure?

Juno set the glass down on the bar, indicating that she was done. What may have started out as smooth good quality liquor suddenly tasted like stale piss in her mouth.

PRE

Deep down inside Brock knew he was wrong, he knew that this hard fact was indisputable. And he knew the Summer King had to make an example to retain Summer's dignity, but he hated being punished in public. The feline face shuddered in his vision, briefly replaced with a snarling maw of tusks and cruelty. Then the world was crystal clear again and he knew what he had to do.

"I'm going to be wanting this back once this is all over Sir."

He keeps his voice even and submissive, they don't know what it means to him, his cudgel, his name, his freedom. He takes his pledges seriously though, and so he offers up his club to the King of Summer, and steps down off the dais, making no eye contact on his way to the back of the room.
    "And you will." Rust tests it in his hand. "Rather nice. Thank you" Rust nods res[ect as respect is givin.

Rust turns round and takes his place on the Dias once again.
    He considered the Pledge as Giana had givin and Rick's analysis.
    He also considers what needed to be happening right now.

Summer can not enter into any solution, in any way other then to be fully on the side of Winter. Thus giving Winter the biggest weight in the Freehold's power scale.

"That may be the best idea so far HAL. I would ask to question this ogre with along-side Neil and Alice."

Rust knew neither HAL nor Alice wanted to usurp Winter. He trusted they knew Rust was of like mind. It will best to allow those gathered of the Winter Court to speak, including this Harvey. Rust was not sure Harvey had meant harm, Neil did not seem to think so.

Horace looks at the Winter courtier speaking and the lines of light slow down across his head.

"Unfortunately Ms. Kaito, this is a problem we all face. Queen Byeli, for reasons unknown, has failed to take the crown as is her rightful place. This Ogre, for those of you unawares, is titled as the Sun Banisher, a trusted position within the Silent Arrow, I believe. I agree with King Mane however that he must be questioned, and in the spirit of unity, I say that a representative must be present from each Court, both Seasonal and Solstice. Ms. Kaito, you will be there to speak for Winter." He looks to Nightfall and Sam briefly before looking to Alice and Rust Mane. "What say you both?"

Sam Barkley

PRE

Sam blinks at Gianna. "I don't unnerstan' the question," he says, ready to press the public interrogation of the Keeper, but everyone seems to be in a clamor to interrogate the fallen Sun Banisher. Huh. Sam coulda sworn Harvey was a Fairest, that time they met. Oh, lord, what games fae play, he thinks exasperatedly. When HAL addresses suggests he get in on that, he reluctantly gives up on questioning Gianna further...for now. Barkley simply nods at HAL in acceptance of the task, but his mind is on the Keeper. The idea that she wasn't bound to the Freehold by any Pledge blew his top. What the hell was she doin' here, in that case? Why do the Sovereigns tolerate her?

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Very well I agree," Alice said and then looked around the room at those gathered. "This isn't exactly the place to question him. We will need someone to stand in and monitor things while we are occupied."

PRE

"I agree. I think The Legate and the Constable can cover things here well enough. So long as they have the 'Fastest Thief in all the Land' and the Champion of Winter to aid them. We need an Honor guard of each court to protect the Crown. I propose these four." Rust looks to each face in turn, each had at one point shown utmost devotion to their respective court and the Freehold.

Rust then looks to Spartan and gestures towards those near the bar and the cudgel he still held in his hand.

S
    Spartan

Spartan does just that. He walks over to his king, gives the man a nod of his head and takes the slobberknocker stick and makes his way back to Faith. "Guard Duty." he gruffs as he watches the newcomers.

"On the contrary," Horace begins, edging closer to the crown while staring at it, "I believe that this festival should be called to an end while the imposter is taken into custody and held as matters are tended to." He looks back to the gathered Lost. "This is not simply a matter of unneccessary violence. This is possible treason. I call for vigilance and unity while investigations are held. The Sun Banisher will be held in detention at the Hollow Commons."

Page 23 of 25 First ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last
Closed Thread