Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Marcus Evan

PRE

"Of course."

Marcus nods to Alice White. She was right, he shouldn't have overstepped his place. But, he couldn't seem to help himself. The Crown seemed to call to him, as if it wanted him to pick it up. Besides, how could they all just leave it on the floor like that? It made him angry. If he were the Summer King... Marcus pales and shakes his head slightly. The Metalflesh walks up the dais and places the Crown on the throne, his hands shaking. He doesn't want to be the King, and isn't quite sure where that thought came from. The Metalflesh looks a bit uneasy as he turns back to the Spring Queen.

"I apologize. I don't know know what came over me."

Kaito stops trying to say whatever it was she was going to say and decides to head to the bar next to patrick. She turns to the bar tender "Vodka. Bottle."

She looks to patrick and speaks in a hushed tone. "Have you got any idea on what the fuck is going on?"
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Player of the Month

"Well pass the bottle to the Lass and if you don't mind I could use a refill on the whiskey, clean, and leave the bottle as well." He tips the bartender with a twenty before returning Kaito's whisper. "My dear girl I haven't the slightest idea what is going on but it looks like all of the relevant parties are attempting to bring the situation to a speedy conclusion. I propose that we keep a careful watch on the alcohol stores while those with an actual idea of what the devil is going on sort it all out." He takes a healthy swing of Irish Whiskey from the glass and gives his friends a smile to try and assure her that all will be right in the end.

Kaito grabs the bottle and fills her glass. She downs the drink in one and pours the next one before answering. "Well they are talking about skipping Winter so I have had to step away before I say or do something I will regret."
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

The Manticoress wanted to leave. Her tail moved from side to side in the manner of an irritated feline, and her blue eyes just bored holes in the back of the ex-Winter Queen Ogre. Thank you ever so much for holding up everything. There's people wanting to go home here.

Glowering behind her sunglasses at the drama unfolding before her Juno walked over to the bar and quietly requested a drink. Made things that much easier to sit through.

Overhearing the comment, Juno glanced over at the Winter girl who had spoken.

Being outspoken isn't a valued trait here. I learned that the hard way.

Oh how she wanted to say that.

But she wouldn't. Looking down into the bottom of her glass, the Manticoress decided that once the gathering was allowed to disperse, she was going to be out the door like a shot.

K
    KingThorn

His fists clench and unclench sporadically. He was getting a crash course in the who's who, and silently assigning them to his mental list. He felt no love of Winter, the sadness almost consumed him once, but Spring taking over...it just doesn't sit right.

And though he knew he ought to be quiet, to let the native govern their own world, he'd just sworn to be part of it. His face contorts at the Spring Queen's words, he struggles to keep his temper in check, pauses briefly for Marcus' words, hoping his new Brother would stand up to this petty dictator. But he doesn't...

"I'll be damned if this gets sorted out by those claiming to be my betters! I've served a Tyrant King before, and I'll ne'er do it again. We live here, we swore fealty not a moment ago, and our voices will be heard!"

As quickly as his temper flares it cools again, his face flushes and he looks about, hoping his outburst hasn't hurt his cause overly. He looks briefly at Marcus and The Spartan apologetically. Almost meekly he speaks again, "No disrespect meant."

S
    Spartan

Spartan looks to the Voice of the new comer and listens to him speak. As he hears the words he is finds that he agrees.

"I agree with the newcomer. This City, This Freehold contains more then just 4 Soverigns. It also contains more then just 4 courts." Spartan looks around the room to all those who was there. Looking at there faces. He raises his arms out to the room.

"There are two other courts here. Perhaps either the Dawn or the Dusk should take the place as Interem Soverign until the Queen can be found or another Winter can take her place." Spartan's voice does not raise to the level of the Brock. It does however sound very serious in his tone as he looked to Nightfall and Sam. Wait where is Sam?

Spartan does not turn to look to the Summer King. Spartan knew that Rust would not be pleased with this outburst but this was the only way he could think to keep the Spring from throwing off the balance of power. Spartan also knew that Nightfall and the Spring Queen were together. But, for some unknown reason, he had some faith that Nightfall would remain impartial if he did rule in Winter's Stead.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin gets right between Alice and Brock. Harvey is left forgotten by Al-Adin, Alice came first, foremost of everything but Nightfall. "Don't be mean to Queen Alice." He says to Brock. The children's laughter is a bit muted, as if they are straining to hear the joke at the end of the story.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Alice White

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you Marcus," Alice said warmly, her features softening.

As the two ogres spoke Alice couldn't help but realize that they were both Summer and some small part of her was not surprised that this was happening.

First Marcus, now these two, she wearily though as she sighed.

"I don't know how often this freehold needs reminding, but are not a democracy. Everyone took an oath to join together and a cause bigger than any one of you. We band together for protection and you agree to live by society's laws. The sovereigns rule each season, and one sovereign rules the entire freehold this has been the way among our kind for years beyond counting and it will be so in the future."

"Furthermore, I would remind everyone of the freehold founding pledge that was just uttered moments ago. It stipulates that the solstice court, dawn and dusk, cannot rule this freehold. If the contract breaks the freehold is open to invasion by the gentry. And I'll be damned if anyone here is going to jeopardize everyone in this entire city because they are unable to listen and comprehend what is said."

Alice turned to look at the summer king wondering when if ever he was going to speak with his court about these outbursts.

Page 21 of 25 First ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last
Closed Thread