Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Potluck-en It With Brother Lucas

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

PRE

Rust climbs out of his truck, the greasy smell of chicken making him noxous.

The King hurries for the Church door, hesitantly peeking in to see if the instructions had been true.
    Rust sure hoped he had not stood in line at the Walmart for nothing.

Rust cannot see the pulpit yet, but he does hear a man's voice strongly extolling the virtues of helping one's neighbors and guarding against evil in disguise. It sounds like the evening service is just wrapping up. Perfect timing.

PRE

Rus shoulders the door open, hands clutching the nasty chicken. He does his best to keep quiet on the tips of his paws so as not to disturb the service, even if it was concluding. He tries to find a seat, in the back.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia gets off the bus and heads to the address the Sun Banisher had given her. She's dressed casually in a white blouse and black dress slacks, sporting sleek, small-heeled shoes. Over the blouse was a nice black jacket to keep out the wind and cold of the encroaching autumnal weather.

She checks the card again, then places it back into her purse as she approaches the entrance to the Church of the Seraphim while pondering her cover.

Xerxia notices a man walking into the Church that looks surprisingly like her own King.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

Xerxia enters behind him, just as quietly (though probably with less effort invested, considering the nature of their feet), and sidles next to him in the back.

She whispers in his ear, "Hello, my King." She bows her head slightly, just enough to make him know that she's showing her respect while being discreet around the normal folk.

PRE

The response is a might concerting, considering how sharp those claws are and how close they come to Xerxia's belly button. His face is rather impassive, as if the motion was to be expected, A box of fried chicken crushed tight under his other arm.

Recognition dawns quickly and Rust relaxes, guilt dragging his leonine face and metal shoulders rather low. "Hey." He whispers back.
    "Did Faith send you?"
    Rust shoves further questions from his mind, he realized he could really use her. A tool in hands of the Sun.

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

"Ah, no..." Xerxia humbly admits in the same whisper, quickly scanning the crowd as best she can while maintaining the same volume before turning back to Rust. "I'm looking into Swilla's disappearance. The Sun Banisher said that he found this at his residence."

She slips the card Harvey had given her to her King, then pauses to allow him a chance to respond.

PRE

Rust takes the card, then pulls out his own, wondering if the two really matched.

"That is interesting. Xerxia, I'm here to speak with Brother Lucas myself over many other things. I would like for you to make up for my lack of, finesse?"

Xerxia
    Xerxia

PRE

"I'd be honored to," Xerxia replies. "Um... I realized too late after the Sun Banisher left that I still don't exactly have a description of Swilla, and I don't recall having ever met him... Would you be able to provide a description, my King?"

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread